• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

People are actually hating on Paseo's here? Good god.

Yea my girlfriend was at a con there last year and made the mistake of ordering one. Also never have them at Qwest Field either. The best vendor I've found was in Lower Queen Anne called Mad Dawgs. The proprietor used to post up in the Bank of America parking lot. But he disappeared late last year. I'm living in Kirkland now so I don't know if he ever came back, but if you see him (short young asian dude with glasses with a black sign w/ a red Mad Dawgs logo) running a cart in the city, buy one. You won't be disappointed.
Mad Dawgs is great. The owner is a good buddy of mine, glad to see it getting some love.

With that said, Capitol Hill has the best hot dogs. I'm partial to the one on the corner of 10th & Pike outside of Moe Bar.

When's the next meet up??
I'm working on putting something together for next month. Probably 2nd or 3rd weekend in April. I'm always open to suggestions of course!

LiveWire

Mad Dawgs is great. The owner is a good buddy of mine, glad to see it getting some love.

With that said, Capitol Hill has the best hot dogs. I'm partial to the one on the corner of 10th & Pike outside of Moe Bar.

No shit? Well I hope he continues to do well with it. He's got a good spot with Peso's and Ozzie's nearby.

And yes, the stand near Moe Bar is also very good. I also liked the one in Ballard outside Bal-Mar.

LiveWire

Tom Douglas is overrated.
I get why he was the shit 10 years ago when there was really very little great food in this town, but now I feel the food scene had passed him by.

Yea people told me when I first got here two years ago, "OMG you have to try his pizza it's the best EVAR." lolol

I would think after all these years and hundreds of thousands of transplants there would be some really great restaurants, but so far I've found very few, aside from a decent steakhouse or two and (obviously) great seafood spots. Perhaps I haven' ventured far enough north on either side of Lake Washington...

Chichikov

Yea people told me when I first got here two years ago, "OMG you have to try his pizza it's the best EVAR." lolol

I would think after all these years and hundreds of thousands of transplants there would be some really great restaurants, but so far I've found very few, aside from a decent steakhouse or two and (obviously) great seafood spots. Perhaps I haven' ventured far enough north on either side of Lake Washington...
There is great food in Seattle.

Try Lark, La Bete, The Corson Building, Sitka & Spruce, Revel, Salumi, The Blind Pig Bistro.

(just what randomly popped in my mind, there are many other great places).

Walrus and Carpenter, How to Cook a Wolf, Joule, The Whale Wins, Crush, Tilth...

I had a Dicks deluxe and shake after leaving the Pine Box. It was glorious.

cdyhybrid

It's snowing in Redmond! I'm from Florida, I have no idea how to handle this. WHAT DO?

Is it sticking on the roads? Just remember that you need extra room to slow down - don't try to make sudden changes in speed while driving.

Don't floor the gas or slam on the brakes, you'll start sliding immediately.

smoothj

I'm headed to Seattle today. I'm coming from San Diego and stayig 3 nights.

Could you guys give me 3 to 5 things I absolutely have to go or try? It will be my girlfriend and I.

This would be huge!

It's snowing in Redmond! I'm from Florida, I have no idea how to handle this. WHAT DO?

it will go away dont worry.
@ red panda Pinball Museum should be one of them( if you like pinball)
508 Maynard Ave. S
Seattle
In the heart of nearly famous Chinatown/International District

Also in the International District in Pink gorilla games( they sell imported games)

cdyhybrid

I'm headed to Seattle today. I'm coming from San Diego and stayig 3 nights.

Could you guys give me 3 to 5 things I absolutely have to go or try? It will be my girlfriend and I.

This would be huge!

Pack warm clothes, it's 33 degrees right now.

Some great restaurant recommendations a few posts up.

Are you nightlife people?

smoothj

Yeah a cool place for nightlife would be awesome. Not a club or anything but a cool bar or so.

That festival tomorrow looks pretty amazing.

Also food spots that we must check out. We're total foodies.

Chichikov

If you want to blend in with the local crowd you need to lower you intelligence, put on your led shows and, chain all the tires you can find and keep the chains on for a week, to be safe.

Yeah a cool place for nightlife would be awesome. Not a club or anything but a cool bar or so.

Paseo and Dot's Delicatessan are up the street from Brouwers. They both make killer sandwiches.

cdyhybrid

Capitol Hill and Belltown have some cool bars.

My personal favorite is Tavern Law in Capitol Hil, they make a lot of fantastic old-school cocktails, but they're a bit pricey. I like Clever Bottle in Belltown. Pine Box in Cap Hill. Taphouse downtown if you want a (very) wide beer selection.

My personal favorite is Tavern Law in Capitol Hil, they make a lot of fantastic old-school cocktails, but they're a bit pricey. I like Clever Bottle in Belltown. Pine Box in Cap Hill. Taphouse downtown if you want a (very) wide beer selection.

Taphouse has serious issues with dirty tap lines. Avoid like the plague. If you're downtown and want a good beer, Collins Pub and Elysian Fields are better options. Or walk a bit further and go to Brave Horse.

cdyhybrid

Taphouse has serious issues with dirty tap lines. Avoid like the plague. If you're downtown and want a good beer, Collins Pub and Elysian Fields are better options. Or walk a bit further and go to Brave Horse.

Good to know! Haven't been to Taphouse in a while, luckily. Brave Horse is another good one. You guys can hit up Buckley's or The Ram if you want to catch the tournament games.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Paseo and Dot's Delicatessan are up the street from Brouwers. They both make killer sandwiches.

And Revel is around the corner - Korean "street food" i.e., quite fancy take on broadly asian/Korean flavors and amazing cocktails. http://www.revelseattle.com/

On my way to work (2-3 miles from my apartment) I saw two accidents. Seattle drivers really can't handle snow, aye?

No, those crashes were them unable to handle either rain or merging.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
So I woke up to this:

only 6 minutes late to work though, not a big deal. I'm up in the convergence zone, it was coming down pretty good.

Ermc_G6

Still in Kansas, where we have been under snow for months, though not constantly.

Very amused to see the snow responses in here.

Once I move up there I won't belittle those who are less experienced with water in this third form.

Still in Kansas, where we have been under snow for months, though not constantly.

Very amused to see the snow responses in here.

Once I move up there I won't belittle those who are less experienced with water in this third form.

The news coverage here is hilarious when it comes to snow. I'm a native, but I know that our response to snow is ridiculous.

gryz

Banned
so Revel is actually good? I live pretty much across the street from there and have never been, I love that Benny sets up shop right next to their entrance though haha

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
so Revel is actually good? I live pretty much across the street from there and have never been, I love that Benny sets up shop right next to their entrance though haha

I loved it. If you want "real" Korean, go north on 99. But if you want a good, loud, fun, date korean place, this is it.

Chichikov

It's really good, and I generally hate everything that even smells of a something that rhymes with 'fusion'.

Liberty on Capitol Hill is also a great place for cocktails.

saw a good fifteen minutes of snow on cap hill walking to school this morning.

too little too late seattle, come on.
Snowing on the last day of class? Classic Seattle move.

Top Bottom