• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

MjFrancis

I've mentioned it to people from other areas and they don't understand what I'm describing.

I believe its an occurance that's unique to a population that drinks more coffee than bottled water and can't drink alcohol in strip clubs.

coldvein

Banned
i accomplished my mission and now have four issues of wonder woman. bam. went downtown too. helluvas bikeride today.

also, they have bikini baristas in montana.

Don't worry mac they were $600 McQueen Jesus flip-flops obviously.

Okay, not really.

I've always really dug those PEMCO Insurance commercials.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Wore a Fedora, Ultilikilt, Vibram Five Fingers and a Dicks T-Shirt and rode a Fixie to Pike's Place to buy Organic Beechers to put on my Salumi roll. If Seattle implodes into a singularity, you're welcome.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Related to the comics discussion:

SuicideGirls at Comics Dungeon

Wallyhood
Tue, March 26, 2013 at 7:00 am

OK, quick Internet lingo lesson: Everyone knows what “NSFW” means, right? Not Safe For Work, as in, “if you work in an open workspace and are concerned what your those around you think you’re doing with your time online, don’t click on this link.”

So, anyhoo, this Saturday, March 30, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Comics Dungeon (which recently moved across the street to 45th and 4th Ave NE, next door to Kate’s Pub) will be hosting models from the SuicideGirls, an online “community that celebrates alternative beauty and alternative culture from all over the world” … and features lots of pictures of naked women. Tattooed, pierced, self-empowered, natural, collagen-free naked women, mind you, but most definitely frequently naked.

Described as a “nationwide art-sleaze phenomenon”, SuicideGirls is on tour promoting their new book, SuicideGirls: Hard Girls, Soft Light, “a collection of more than 2,500 pin-up girls devoted to changing your idea about what makes a woman beautiful”.

On Saturday March 30, 2013, some of your favorite SuicideGirls will be signing their hard cover photo book of tattooed pinup girls entitled Hard Girls, Soft Light at Comics Dungeon in Wallingford. Make sure to get to Comics Dungeon early because the first 25 people to have a copy of Hard Girls, Soft Light signed will receive a free yearlong membership to SuicideGirls.com. Or if you are feeling mischievous, stop by the tattoo shop, Slave to the Needle, next door and get an SG logo tattoo. Any one that gets branded with the SG logo gets a lifetime membership to the site.

After the book signing join local SuicideGirls as well as Brewin, Rigel and Radeo for an official after party at a location TBD. Interested in being a SuicideGirl? Introduce yourself to the SG model coordinator, Rigel Suicide, and show her what you are made of.

Nert

I've only been in my new apartment in Downtown Seattle for three days now and I'm having a great time. I had a kickass breakfast at Biscuit Bitch this morning, too (it was surely terrible for my health). I saw people talking about the art of video games exhibit at EMP earlier in this thread and I'll probably check it out before too long.

Now, if someone could just get back to me with a job offer, things would be even better...

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I know it has been discussed before, but does anyone have any ramen recommendations around south lake union?

gryz

Banned
Aloha Ramen in Greenwood and Samurai Noodle are as good as it gets here. It's best not to compare them to ramen in Japan, or you'll go nuts.

yeah unfortunately I have been spoiled by japan, I've had decent ramen in SF but not here.
samurai noodle causes my japanese fiancee to rage haha.

I haven't found good ramen anywhere in Seattle

yeah unfortunately I have been spoiled by japan, I've had decent ramen in SF but not here.
samurai noodle causes my japanese fiancee to rage haha.

There is a good place over in Bellevue, but I haven't been there cause you know... Bellevue.

So I think I've brought it up before but I work at Issian; its a Japanese Izakaya on Wallingford (next to the Molly Moons). The owner (my boss) just got the permits to build a new ramen shop right next door. He wants me to work there full-time. He wants to call it Ramenman; but he's not set on that.

He plans on opening in May. I'll keep y'all abridged on future developments. He's really hammering the point on making the ramen uniform each and every day.

Le-mo

So I think I've brought it up before but I work at Issian; its a Japanese Izakaya on Wallingford (next to the Molly Moons). The owner (my boss) just got the permits to build a new ramen shop right next door. He wants me to work there full-time. He wants to call it Ramenman; but he's not set on that.

He plans on opening in May. I'll keep y'all abridged on future developments. He's really hammering the point on making the ramen uniform each and every day.
Oh yah, do keep us updated. All the ramen I've had so far tasted like it came from the supermarket.

cdyhybrid

I'm intrigued.

This is what I know:

1)Ramen broth will be made from scratch.

2)One "mother" broth which we will then use to make 2 variants. One with miso and another he's still deciding on. We'll also make a vegetarian broth.

3) We'll also be making and serving dumplings.

4) No word yet on if we'll be making noodles in house.

5) No dessert.

6) Open everyday from 10 or 11 AM till 9 pm.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Wore a Fedora, Ultilikilt, Vibram Five Fingers and a Dicks T-Shirt and rode a Fixie to Pike's Place to buy Organic Beechers to put on my Salumi roll. If Seattle implodes into a singularity, you're welcome.
Don't wrap beechers in with the hipster bullshit, it's good cheddar! Edit: I guess flagship is not technically a cheddar

I have been buying beechers for years in California. Didn't realize it was on pikes place till we visited a year or two ago.

Unrelated to cheeses: Got into grad school at UW, the college has no endowment for recruiting scholarships this year, and out of state tuition is literally mental there. Probably have to turn it down :(

2 year program for 80k debt in tuition/fees alone? lololololol

cdyhybrid

Don't wrap beechers in with the hipster bullshit, it's good cheddar!

I have been buying beechers for years in California. Didn't realize it was on pikes place till we visited a year or two ago.

Unrelated to cheeses: Got into grad school at UW, the college has no endowment for recruiting scholarships this year, and out of state tuition is literally mental there. Probably have to turn it down :(

2 year program for 80k debt in tuition/fees alone? lololololol

Try doing 5 years of undergrad with out of state tuition :p I'm very fortunate that I won't be buried in college loan debt for the next 30 years. What program?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Try doing 5 years of undergrad with out of state tuition :p I'm very fortunate that I won't be buried in college loan debt for the next 30 years. What program?
it's stupid. Our higher educational funding model is currently fucked in this country. It sucks because I would love to do the program but it would take me literally 20+ years to recoup the cost (not just pay off the loan) if ever.

Maybe if I win the lottery I can just go for personal enrichment...

dekjo

Have a friend coming into town this weekend and since it's supposed to be nice, guess we should go do stuff instead of just hang out inside, play video games, and drink, which are my typical pastimes.

Any suggestions?

Have a friend coming into town this weekend and since it's supposed to be nice, guess we should go do stuff instead of just hang out inside, play video games, and drink, which are my typical pastimes.

Any suggestions?

How about hopping a ferry? I do a ton of that in the summer with my wife and kids. Just nice to get out on the water and enjoy the breeze, we don't always even have a destination in mind. Bainbridge (blackbird bakery), Vashon, Whidbey Island (Ft. Ebey is nice) lots of good options.

Any suggestions?

Fremont Brewing's Urban Beer Garden has an outdoor section that looks out on South Lake Union and downtown.

Speaking of outside, goddamn is it nice out today. Supposed to be even nicer this weekend (70 on Sunday/Monday perhaps?!). Days like today really remind me why Seattle is better than just about anywhere else.

gryz

Banned
This is what I know:

1)Ramen broth will be made from scratch.

2)One "mother" broth which we will then use to make 2 variants. One with miso and another he's still deciding on. We'll also make a vegetarian broth.

3) We'll also be making and serving dumplings.

4) No word yet on if we'll be making noodles in house.

5) No dessert.

6) Open everyday from 10 or 11 AM till 9 pm.

I'm interested. veery interested

Nert

Yeah, the weather has been great. It has made the transition from SoCal very seamless for me, and that's saying something.

I have this weird (completely unfounded) theory that weather repeats itself every 4 years, in which case, this summer will bring us another heatwave like the one in 2009. Get ready, guys!

I have this weird (completely unfounded) theory that weather repeats itself every 4 years, in which case, this summer will bring us another heatwave like the one in 2009. Get ready, guys!

We abandoned our bedroom on the top floor of our brick house in 2009. Looks like the Mantra Family will be sleeping in the cool basement again.

Top Bottom