• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Seth C

Okay. So far we will plan for 7:30 for dinner? Tonight seems to work for the most people? Then drinks after. I have no idea where yet.

Go to Collins Pub for some good craft beer tonight. Ask the guy at your hotel, he'll show you the way. Elysian Fields near the stadiums is in the same area and Elysian always has good stuff you can't get anywhere else. Those and The Pike Brewery are really your best bets for beer in downtown Seattle. All the good stuff is in the neighborhoods.

Not enough Cyclops in this post.

I should be good for a Friday meet up, but won't be able to stay too late in the evening. The Egyptian's showing Aliens at midnight! Thursday/tonight's a little more iffy.

So tonight or tomorrow?

I can meet tonight (or tomorrow), but judging by the lack of responses so far, I'm not sure how many people would actually show up if we threw something together for this evening. Tomorrow might be better in that aspect.

Either way I'm down.

Seth C

So tonight or tomorrow?

I can meet tonight (or tomorrow), but judging by the lack of responses so far, I'm not sure how many people would actually show up if we threw something together for this evening. Tomorrow might be better in that aspect.

Either way I'm down.

When I said tomorrow people said they couldn't do Friday. So I said today. Now people don't respond at all. :p

At 7:30, somewhere, I'm having dinner and surprising a waiter. So whoever can come, come. I'll be drinking both nights so we can get together tomorrow if people want as well.

Nert

Are you going to be downtown when you go out to dinner tonight? I'm getting off work soon and might be able to join you.

Keikaku

Of course, I'm down in San Jose when this meetup happens. Ah well.

I've heard good things about the Sun Liquor Lounge and I've got a date set up there for the weekend. I know it's got good reviews on Yelp but does Seattle-GAF have any impressions?

jb1234

Of course, I'm down in San Jose when this meetup happens. Ah well.

I've heard good things about the Sun Liquor Lounge and I've got a date set up there for the weekend. I know it's got good reviews on Yelp but does Seattle-GAF have any impressions?

I'm a five minute walk away from it so you'd think I'd have impressions but oddly, I haven't been there yet! :eek:

Nert

A lot of the good restaurants close early in downtown, but I can throw out a few random ideas.

Le Pichet: http://lepichetseattle.com/home/ (great Charcuterie plates)

Biscuit Bitch: http://www.kimshomemade.com/ (delicious, albeit very unhealthy)

Japonessa: http://www.yelp.com/biz/japonessa-seattle (I haven't gone yet. Many have recommended it)

I've only lived here for a month so I'm not too familiar with downtown's bars. Please let me know if these weren't the types of places you had in mind and I can brainstorm some more.

Edit: Biscuit Bitch is a relatively small and affordable place, although it's also pretty well known.

Seth C

For dinner something casual and affordable is best. Basically somewhere they wouldn't get expensive bills and high tips.

For bars after I'm pretty well set, but we can drink after I drop mom back off at the hotel.

Tonight was incredible, seeing these events in person really is something else. In that moment it's Seth and the waiter or waitress having that special moment. One of the coolest things I have had the pleasure to witness firsthand. Thanks to Seth C, your mother Tina. And it was great to meet some new gafers.

Seth C

Tonight was incredible, seeing these events in person really is something else. In that moment it's Seth and the waiter or waitress having that special moment. One of the coolest things I have had the pleasure to witness firsthand. Thanks to Seth C, your mother Tina. And it was great to meet some new gafers.

Aww. You're giving me the feels, man. Seriously though, thank you. That means so much to me.

jb1234

I have absolutely no regrets. What a fucking amazing night. I cried. Everyone cried. And then the booze poured. But then, we all know this.

Aw yeah, I see you had some Boneyard at Pine Box. What time do you leave on Saturday? Fremont is doing a barrel aged barleywine bottle release in the morning.

coldvein

Banned
sorry i missed you dudez, fell asleep kinda early last night after homework. will keep an eye on the thread for any possible tonight-action.

dLMN8R

Aw man, I love the Pine Box! Would've been happy to join up if I wasn't already dead tired by the time you guys were there :-(

Seth C

Let me talk with my wife, I might be able to get out of the house for an hour or two and I can take you over to Fremont.

Awesome. That would be good to take back home.

LOixn4p.jpg

Our group from last night. 5 were NeoGAF members.

blurrygil

Awesome. That would be good to take back home.

Our group from last night. 5 were NeoGAF members.

DAMMIT THIS WAS LAST NIGHT?!?

I thought there was one happening tonight instead. I was all prepped for it... ;_;

Anyone up for Von Trapp's this eve..........?

brouwers is ok i guess but its always too crowded. I live in Fremont and never want to go to any of the bars here

Brouwers is good on weeknights, but absolute hell on the weekends. Great taplist and deep bottle selection, though.

If I'm gonna go to a bar, I'd rather hit up Latona Pub, Uber, Mutiny Hall, etc.

blurrygil

Invite still stands for Von Trapp's, or anywhere on the hill really. Makes things easier for me. Might do there or JohnJohn's tonight.

Top Bottom