• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

blurrygil

my schedule may have cleared for this evening. if yalls are gonna be around on the hill anywhere i can probably meetcha.

I'm still down. Let me know if this becomes a solid deal. You have my mobile # yet?

There's GOT to be others for tonight!

That bad? Well I was just thinking of a beer and food there but who knows really. I'm up for anything.

Like I said, it was a personal experience from a little while back. I'm sure they're just fine for most other folks, but I won't even recommend them to people I know.

lingiii

Banned
Anyone else going to 'squatch? I've got a spare festival ticket, and am looking for a parking/car camping ticket if anyone's got one.

Iceman

I'll be landing in Seattle tomorrow and will be staying through next weekend. Any other events/meetups happening while I'm in town?

Nert

Alright, I just got back home from happy hour with some people from work (I apologize for my confused updates, Seth). Depending on where else people would want to go tonight, I might get up and tag along.

Last night was really amazing. I owe MisterNugNug the finest glass of water money can buy :)

jb1234

I owe MisterNugNug the finest glass of water money can buy :)

I owe him $2.25 for letting me use his Orca pass. And you get the Random Stranger Award (tm) for offering to buy me dinner. The entire night was a faith in humanity restorer.

pax217

I haven't really spoke up, but there's not really any opportunity for me to make it this evening. I'm leaving for a two-week stay in SF tomorrow AM.

I hope you all have a great time, look forward to hearing about it.

ChrisRT

Super fun things to do in or near Seattle tomorrow Saturday 5/4/2013 during the day and evening?
Date ideas or just fun with the GF.

dLMN8R

Super fun things to do in or near Seattle tomorrow Saturday 5/4/2013 during the day and evening?
Date ideas or just fun with the GF.

Lots of places will have Cinco De Mayo celebrations. Just walk around the various neighborhoods, you're bound to find something that looks fun.

pax217

Traffic in Queen Anne/Elliott Ave was hellish this AM because 2nd Ave was closed for some walk... just an FYI for anyone in the area. Don't know if it's still going on.

dLMN8R

Kedai Makan + Montana is also a fantastic combination. They have a deal together so Montana lets you bring in Kedai food and eat it there.

I just had Marination for the first time yesterday down on Alki. Fuck all that burger talk, why didn't you guys tell me about THIS?!

dLMN8R

Sounds delicious.

Absolutely perfect weekend. Fiesta 5K + Taco Truck Challenge yesterday, kayaking from Agua Verde this morning (and then one of their awesome breakfast burritos after), then biking all the way from there to Red Hook Brewery for lunch! (and back)

Ok, that's enough sun for the year, clouds plz.

lingiii

Banned
Sounds delicious.

Absolutely perfect weekend. Fiesta 5K + Taco Truck Challenge yesterday, kayaking from Agua Verde this morning (and then one of their awesome breakfast burritos after), then biking all the way from there to Red Hook Brewery for lunch! (and back)

Ok, that's enough sun for the year, clouds plz.

You shut your mouth. I only just bought a grill today!

blurrygil

Well, the meetup plans on Friday fell right thru due various reasons. But it's all good. I had a good weekend.

Damn it's nice this week. :D

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I'm open to some choice seafood restaurant suggestions right now. My parents are in town and I believe their intent is to consume enough to warrant some species being put on the endangered list.

D23

anyone know any good restaurant that serve good Oysters?? planning to take my mom there for mothers day

xk0sm0sx

Sending from Digipen now

I chanced upon a buffet restaurant called Old Country Buffet and it was awesome given the prices ($13).

Any more places like that? I love steakhouses that has a saladbar like Ponderosa, Sizzler...
And nothing overpriced. I went down to Novilhos Steakhouse and couldn't bear paying at least $48 for a meal... hence I ended up at Old Country.

xk0sm0sx

You're joking right?

Well do you mean that it's wrong of me to think it's pretty decent since reviews on google all slams it and now your's too? :/

Anyway I have a pretty naive viewpoint given that I just reached America and I haven't taste so much of these food in my life before.

I'll give you that I do understand what those people mean, the taste is lacking. But the variety already did good enough for me, and given the price. I loved the place.

lingiii

Banned
Sending from Digipen now

I chanced upon a buffet restaurant called Old Country Buffet and it was awesome given the prices ($13).

Any more places like that? I love steakhouses that has a saladbar like Ponderosa, Sizzler...
And nothing overpriced. I went down to Novilhos Steakhouse and couldn't bear paying at least $48 for a meal... hence I ended up at Old Country.

:D

Old Country Buffet is just super commoditized--drive across the country sometime and you'll see like 39 in a day. Same with Sizzler. Both just embody "suburbia". Having seen 'em all my life, I kind of just roll my eyes at them, but glad someone enjoys it sincerely.

Anyway I have a pretty naive viewpoint given that I just reached America and I haven't taste so much of these food in my life before.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you're not from the states, wasn't trying to be rude. I was just generally surprised to see someone make a statement like that. OCB doesn't tend to serve the best quality food which is how they can keep their costs so ridiculously low.

Top Bottom