• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Mayor to sue Trump Admin over executive orders if no response to FOIA request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray is daring the Trump administration to let him take it to court.

Tuesday morning, the liberal leader of the liberal West Coast city will use his state of the city speech — delivered at a mosque in North Seattle — to announce a plan to officially demand answers on the creation and intention of President Donald Trump’s executive orders, as well as his plans for DACA and sanctuary cities.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/seattle-mayor-trump-235218

Seattle/Washington state going all in

More:

C5NOsUQUoAABc6n

C5NONBoUEAAaRfD

C5OkkqyUkAAxe8X

expensive as fuck to live here but I grew up in the area and i've always considered it my "home" despite living out of state for 10 years

in a way kind of glad I moved back a few years ago

AndyD

aka andydumi
Don't know much about him, but this seems like fishing for press, considering he hasn't even submitted foia requests yet.

Peccavi

Trump can't give out the reasoning behind his executive orders. He's received specific, highly classified Intel that just so happens to require him to do exactly what he said he would on the campaign trail.

My mom says it rains a lot in Seattle.

If only I wasn't 40 years old with a career and family that tie me to Atlanta. Actually, the family part is awesome, but I've been to Seattle (about wrecked when I saw the mountain in my rear view mirror) and it's a neat place.
I mean, it's no Vancouver, BC

leroidys

My mom says it rains a lot in Seattle.

If only I wasn't 40 years old with a career and family that tie me to Atlanta. Actually, the family part is awesome, but I've been to Seattle (about wrecked when I saw the mountain in my rear view mirror) and it's a neat place.
I mean, it's no Vancouver, BC
Don't worry, Seattle will be as sterile, cold and expensive as Vancouver B.C. soon.

This is funny to me because Seattle and King County have to be among the absolute worst government entities I've ever deal with as far as getting responses to FOIA requests is concerned. Can take close to a year for any response at all sometimes.

I have to submit a ton of FOIA requests for my job :(

I appreciate the sentiment, however.

cdyhybrid

M too but Ed better come up with a better solution to homelessness than building giant unaffordable condo buildings in sleepy suburbs or he's gone.
Supposedly the upzoning of the U-District will require developers to include affordable housing, but we'll see about that.

I wanna be a Washingtonian so bad

Also love that a city stereotyped as constantly cloudy is one of the few beacons of light in our country

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Supposedly the upzoning of the U-District will require developers to include affordable housing, but we'll see about that.

9% - which is developer code for a lot less, and so far the "affordable" stock is basically unaffordable.

The number one reason for homelessness is heroin alcohol and opiate abuse - not lack of stock. The city has an excellent crime and drug network and is a mecca for addicts. Till they change that it's just going to get worse and worse, and the misleading label "homeless" will continue to be used as a tool for increased density by developers who would faint if an actual homeless person moved into one of their buildings.

I wanna be a Washingtonian so bad

Also love that a city stereotyped as constantly cloudy is one of the few beacons of light in our country

Less rainfall annually than NYC, and a glorious, incomparable summer.

Rydeen

Seattleite here, live in the city proper.

Screw Ed Murray, him and most of the Seattle City Council are so concerned about looking good in the national press that they're letting this city rot. More and more of downtown Seattle stores and restaurants are being pushed out by rent being gouged so they can sell the real estate to Chinese investors who keep making condos that keep pushing the cost of living up downtown, and they're doing nothing about it.

Construction projects are being approved and started everywhere without Dept of transportation staggering them so entire blocks are being re-routed and streets closed for months at a time in key areas like 4th Ave, with nowhere for transit to go and no regard for people who live in the city and still have to commute from one end to the other.

Seattle now has a huge homeless problem, the worst I've seen it in the almost 30 years of living in this area. Literal shanty towns are popping up all over freeway exits and underpasses, garbage is piling up all over the streets and freeways now because of it, vagrants outnumber pedestrians on the streets three-to-one after sundown, but sure, keep trying to pick fights with the federal government instead of taking care of things on the city and local levels which you were elected to do, ass-holes.

This is funny to me because Seattle and King County have to be among the absolute worst government entities I've ever deal with as far as getting responses to FOIA requests is concerned. Can take close to a year for any response at all sometimes.

I have to submit a ton of FOIA requests for my job :(

I appreciate the sentiment, however.

I've had much better success on getting responses to mine, even if it was just to tell me the request would be delayed

*hissssssssss*

Maybe I could be down with that. As long as Autumn sporting them battleship grey skies.

I've only been here about a year but iirc the grey skies and rain started coming around mid/late September. I'm down in Olympia though and the weather is a bit worse than Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom