• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Sight is...good

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I just finished this game and I've got to say it has the best story I've seen in a game since Prince of Persia: SoT. It's about the same length of PoP too which is good for me because I don't have a whole lot of time to play games anymore. The gameplay is average. The controls are a lot like Splinter Cell, but not as refined. The camera tries to be free roaming like Splinter Cell, but when you move it pans out behind you so you can see ahead. It is a nuisance, especially when in a confined area, but it's not unbearable because you can always switch to static viewpoint. I picked it up for $20, and would definately recommend it at that price, or at the very least a rental. The gameplay is not what this game is about though, it's the story.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I got the GameCube version, it didn't notice any slowdown or anything like that. The graphics are very similar to Freedom Fighters. To be honest, I don't think any version would really be better than the other. It's not a very processor intensive game. I think it will really come down to what controller you like the best and for me, it's GameCube.

COCKLES

being watched
Second Sight is a good solid game...sadly the marketing team for it should be shot. Horrible genric and unintresting cover and bugger all awareness of the title, given it's from Free Radical - enjoyed it way more better then their overexposed Time Splitters games (and Psi-Ops).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Bluemercury said:
Stay out of the PS2 version, its 30 fps......

It also lacks prog-scan support...

However, the XBOX version (which is the version I finished) has a lot of heavy slowdown at times. There are some missions that have a very hard time holding 60 fps and it really hurts the look and feel. I've heard that, while the PS2 version is 30 fps, it manages to hold that 30 fps.

I enjoyed the game a lot, though. It has its flaws, that's for sure, but it was still a lot of fun and the story was enjoyable. For $20, it was a good buy.

Yup, nice game - I prefered it to Psi-Ops.
I can't imagine it working well on PC - you need dual analogue for the telekinesis.

Top Bottom