• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Vintage Col. 2012 |OT| Streets Of Rage! Golden Axe! Monster World! Alex Kidd!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
For some reason, I like Alex Kidd in Miracle sooooo much.

Can't stop replaying it.

That's because it's a fine game.

Even though it has one of the least-helpful opening stages in platforming history, it's just darn fun, isn't it? Always carry that Bracelet!

Then go for New Game+, aka no Bracelet!

Na, New Game+ would be no telepathy ball. Enjoy those janken matches :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I never use the items in Alex Kidd. :p

Though I play it trial and error via save states. I know I suck.

Blunt

Banned
During school holidays as a small child, I remember staying with my grandparents who had a Master System II and the only game they had was the in-built Alex Kidd in Miracle World. My parents wouldn't let me take my NES and various games because they, as much as they loved my elderly and caring grandparents, couldn't trust the rest of the extended family as far as they could throw them. So all I and my younger brother had to play was goddamn Alex fucking Kidd.

To this day I associate playing Alex Kidd as some kind of punishment.

ikaruga

Neo Member
Any ideas as to why the game pics are not showing up for SOR collection and Monster world.

It just has the small box image.

Yes, all SoR have NA, EU and JPN.

PRAISED BASED KOSHIRO!!!!

The question of the day is how uncensored is uncensored when it comes to games in question? I'm talking Jump Kick Panty Shots, Cigars, General/Mayor and Ash. Do the changes reflect in the games or are you choosing which ROM to load? And is BK3 actually translated?

It better be. Everything made by Backbone should, but that would be a lot.

Let us not wish that quite yet. When they start doing the SEGA Ages version of the Phantasy Star Collections then we wish for the death of Backbone. And not a second before.

PRAISED BASED KOSHIRO!!!!

The question of the day is how uncensored is uncensored when it comes to games in question? I'm talking Jump Kick Panty Shots, Cigars, General/Mayor and Ash. Do the changes reflect in the games or are you choosing which ROM to load? And is BK3 actually translated?
I just have the trial, yet. But it actually shows Bare Knuckle in the title if you choose the japanese version. And the intro is not translated. The Monster World games were not translated when you choose the japanese version, so I guess it's the same with SoR. Playable is just SoR 2 in the trial, but it shows the intro for the other games.

Edith: Just played with blaze. Panties are flashing when you jump.

Edith2: Well I can't see a difference in SoR2 but to be honest I NEVER played blaze. I'm short on points but will update tomorrow, if nobody else can clarify this.

I take it there was a sprite edit for the US and EU versions? heh

Yeah. In 2 & 3. The sprite edit did affect the hit box of the jump kick in question but it isn't that much of a difference between BK and SoR Blaze to matter all that much. The panty shot in essence just looks cooler.

And I'm guessing it's the same in 2 as well I suppose.

Tain

There is no better way to suck the life out of these games than using saves states for anything beyond "I'm shutting this down and coming back later."

Okay tested again SoR2 vs BK2 and you can clearly see the white panties in BK2 while SoR2 shows the brown pantyhose instead. I'm not a Blaze player. Sorry.

Alright ran through the BK3 trial real quick. Second on the leaderboards...shoot.

I knew I should have done more stage 6 farming. Oh well it's still a decent demonstration. Also one-lifed it.

Galdelico

I also own Backbone's XBLA Golden Axe and... Damn, it looks and plays even worse, side by side with this stellar arcade emulation by M2.
Plus Golden Axe is one of my favourite SEGA arcade classics, and I'm so happy I can finally play such a perfect port without messing with emulators.

SVC: Streets of Rage is also awesome and... Yeah, I just hope M2 and SEGA may keep delivering such glorious collections for a long time.

First time playing online it was with a Japanese player. It didn't go very well.
Lots of input-lag and we got disconnected towards the end of stage 3.

I just impulse bought the SoR collection on Xbox Live (even though I already own SoR2 already). I was playing an online game with someone and he quit towards the end of stage 6 and the session ended....fuuuuuuuuuck

if anyone wants to blow through all three games with me eventually (preferably 3 different sessions for each game, I hate gaming for long periods lol), add me up:
GT: Emperor Bohe

Galdelico

Managed to beat Bare Knuckle II in online co-op with my brother (I'm in Italy, he's in Spain) last night and it was pretty good!
I mean, netcode is not perfect but seems to me greatly better than how I remember it in NeoGeo Station titles (such as Metal Slug or Shock Troopers).
Experienced a couple of minor hiccups and a very little input lag, but the playthrough felt really enjoyable on the whole.

Galdelico

Testing out the Streets of Rage trial...What's up with the colored bits on the bottom of the screen during the intros?
Probably some part of the screen you weren't supposed to see on your TV back in the days... Seems like they are some colour check kind of thing, since the pixels always match the number of colours on screen.

Tizoc

Does SoR3 have a region switch like in Alex Kidd?
Speaking of which...any major differences between the 4 ver. of Alex Kidd?
...and man I suck in Alex Kidd, I only tried it a little bit and kept losing at the big frog thing.

Top Bottom