• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sengoku Basara End of Judgement Anime Series

I know this topic is kind of late considering we're 5 episodes in out of 12, but I was just wondering how other Sengoku Basara fans feel about this new anime.

For people who don't know about it, I want to stress that there was two anime seasons and a movie in the past, but this series is NOT a continuation. You can watch it from the start without knowing everything and it does a good job of introducing all of the characters. This series is based on the only Sengoku Basara game that was released properly in North America/Europe, Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.

The storyline revolves around the death of Hideyoshi Toyotomi by the hands of one of his subordinates, Ieyasu Tokugawa. Ieyasu did not agree with Toyotomi's brutal and cruel methods and wants to bring an end to wars with the "power of bonds" between people. Toyotomi's other subordinate Mitsunari Ishida intends to continue his master's path and wants to get revenge on Ieyasu. This begins a countdown towards the battle of Sekigahara with various warlords joining Ieyasu or Mitsunari for their own reasons.

The series is licensed by Funimation. New episodes come out every Saturday. Subscribers to Funimation get Japan's newest episode while free users get the previous week's episode.
http://www.funimation.com/shows/sengoku-basara-end-of-judgement/home

As a Sengoku Basara fan I'm pretty happy with this series so far. While it has a lower budget than the previous Production I.G series, it's still serviceable. The series is doing a fantastic job of condensing the game's storyline into one that gives a good amount of screen time to most characters and I'm happy the battles are actually...well, fights and not glorified light shows. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they handle the rest of the series.

Top Bottom