• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

inafking

Did I mention I have a Katsu oppai mousepad?
DYP1I6X.jpg

It even has nipples on it! LOL. I bougth it in Akihabara when I went to Japan for the first time (2014)

I'm using it in my office and I ain't give a f**k. Several people have mentioned that it's a nice mousepad XD

I still have to hide it sometimes when the general manager shows up walking by the aisle behind me

If it were a Murasaki one it'd raise my wrist several inches XD

I wonder if there are pantsu itagasa's of SK out there too...

That's sad since I think that SK has potential to be good, with that said I had to force myself to finish EV and kind of regret buying it. Hopefully SK3 gets anounced and revives the series.

ShinMaruku

According to the NPD thread for march 2016, EV has sold 20.2K copies on PS4 and 7.6k on Vita

That seems...kind of low.
I think it came out at a bad time and probably needs a price adjustment. Also a proper Senran release would also help. We must also find out how well the dlc is going as well.

Demoskinos

It's good to remember it's only the first month, and without digital too.

This is probably honestly a case where most of the hardcore fans bought the import version instead of waiting for the english version. I know I didn't want to wait a year. In japan it did "ok" at like 100k units.

Eolz

Might be part of the problem too.
Not a big proportion by any means obviously, but hardcore niche fanbases would do that. SK is more popular than it was in the past, but I'm sure it'll get better numbers in the west over time. Nobody expected it when they said SK surpassed 1 million worldwide sales after all.

No but I was expecting at least 40k copies sold, especially with so many reports of the game being hard to find and Takaki's recent interest on the west.

At least with those numbers we know why XSEED doesn't bother to do bigger and better things for the LEs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Made it to Day 5 on Estival Versus.

omg Kafuru is the worst. If you play as her, half the shots don't feel like they connect or have that same power as the other characters, & her supers always seem to go PAST the enemies, yet if the CPU is playing her & you have to fight against her, she somehow can hit you 90% of the time, which is even worse when you have a character who has no long-range attacks like Yozakura.

Made it to Day 5 on Estival Versus.

omg Kafuru is the worst. If you play as her, half the shots don't feel like they connect or have that same power as the other characters, & her supers always seem to go PAST the enemies, yet if the CPU is playing her & you have to fight against her, she somehow can hit you 90% of the time, which is even worse when you have a character who has no long-range attacks like Yozakura.

Probably the reasons I hate Mirai.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mirai has gotten better has the games went on, though yes, in the original Burst, she was not really fun to play as. They basically gave Mirai a mix of close & long range attacks, & in SK2, I think she even has the ability to switch between them via a press of a button.

I think it doesn't help that EV is probably the hardest SK game. I've died more times than in Burst, SV, & 2 combined.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mirai has gotten better has the games went on, though yes, in the original Burst, she was not really fun to play as. They basically gave Mirai a mix of close & long range attacks, & in SK2, I think she even has the ability to switch between them via a press of a button.

I think it doesn't help that EV is probably the hardest SK game. I've died more times than in Burst, SV, & 2 combined.

I thought SK2 was the more challenging game.

Mirai is also better in SK2. Love the weapon switching.

No doubt about it, SK2 was actually challenging. EV is just poorly balanced giving something of an edge to the regular foes but that is only noticeable in Hard mode. On Normal and easy you can breeze through the game.

And yeah, is a shame what they did to Mirai here, she was a lot of fun to play in SK2 while here is just a drag everytime you have to use her.

Is it bad that I'm finally gonna play EV but I haven't even finished one half of the first 3DS game?

Or at least I thought I was finally gonna play it, over an hour ago, before I remembered it needed to download a 4.7GB patch first. Ughhhhh

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess to be fair, I haven't gotten far in SK2.....despite buying all the DLC....one of these days, I'll come back to it, especially since I helped my friend order a copy for himself a month or so ago.

Boy I'm one of the biggest VD fans around and even I think this price is insane

https://twitter.com/ls_osaka/status/724425485095038979

A shame since the doll is actually kind of cool.

I'm not usually a fan of those style figures but I agree that it looks pretty good.

Did you pick either of these up? (linked in case it's NSFW)

I got them both and the quality is actually a bit better than I was expecting, though to be fair, I've only been collecting figures for like a year now so my opinion isn't really worth very much :p

I'm not usually a fan of those style figures but I agree that it looks pretty good.

Did you pick either of these up? (linked in case it's NSFW)

I got them both and the quality is actually a bit better than I was expecting, though to be fair, I've only been collecting figures for like a year now so my opinion isn't really worth very much :p

Yup, I got them both as well. The quality is indeed great and I was surprised at how massive Mirei is due her hair, she's almost at the same size as a Play Arts Kai. My only complaint is that Mirei didn't had instructions and I don't have the slightest idea on how remove her shirt.

I wish they would make more statues of the other girls, it feels like there's tons and tons of just the same 3-4... Katsuragi, Homura, Ikaruga, and Hibari. I want Yumi, or a badass Yozakura shooting energy blasts from her gauntlets. Even something like a series of blind bag figures would be cool - each series could include 12 figures, 5 normal, 5 transformed, and 2 chase. Do 4 series worth and that's everyone from the games.

Am I just overestimating the series' popularity? I mean they have made quite a few statues that are all pretty expensive and [faces on most of them aside] look like the girls, I just figured with a roster of over 30 characters that we'd see more than the same handful over and over.

Does the artist that does all the SK stuff ever draw men? I've been in love with his(or her?) art since first hearing about the first 3DS game and I'd love to learn how to draw in a similar style, but the SK games are seemingly devoid of any men.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well there's Hanzo, Ikaruga's brother....

.......um..........

.........that one old dude that Yumi & co. admire who was Hanzo's friend....

....................uuuhh.........

I did a search for "Senran Kagura artist" and got back Nan Yaegashi, looks like he's done a bunch of other stuff beyond SK so I guess I'll rummage through his other work to find out!

ShinMaruku

Well there's Hanzo, Ikaruga's brother....

.......um..........

.........that one old dude that Yumi & co. admire who was Hanzo's friend....

....................uuuhh.........

Kurokage is Yumi's grandfather. He adopted all her friends.

There is also this normal dude that had the hots for Asuka and their is Dougen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, in the Burst intro, & they were like "nah, we don't have time for that, ninja stuff & all that"

Does that dude even come back at one point?

Also, Bon Appetit is on sale on PSN. Half off for PS+ members ($7.50), but the add-on to get the other 2 schools is still $15.

Sexy Police Officer is totally missing from SK:EV and I didn't even realize it till now. They have nurse, nun, bride, santa, but no cop. Someone needs to get on that.

Also, any news about the last DLC for EV? I thought I read recently that Mon/Tues it could be in the shop but it was "up to Sony at this point" or something, anyone know if they've updated the status or are we all just holding our breaths?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*plays Bon Appetit*

"The main character of Senran Kagura, which of course means no personality!"

Hahahahahahaha, the fact the game series even acknowledges this is great.

ALSO INNUENDOS EVERYWHERE

Edit: Oh freakin' hell, I was SO CLOSE to getting level 15 on a combo, but I screwed up near the end against Daidouji. Oh well, guess I'll get it again, considering I did a full combo against Homura, but it only went to level 14.

Eolz

Yeah, the introductions in Bon appetit are hilarious.
They went as crazy as they wanted with the script :p

So we're all in agreement that Hanabi totally effing sucks, right? I have her at level 17 and I still got my ass absolutely slaughtered on a simple Day 4 mission because she has such a small hit range and long recovery time from swinging that goddamn hammer - plus I can't seem to get her to combo for shit.

Any tips? I feel like I'm probably gonna be forced to use her again as the story progresses and I am not looking forward to it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to play more of her, but at the moment, I'd still prefer her over Kafuru.

Also man, I forgot how bad the textures are on models in SV/Bon Appetit, some clothing/underwear looks horrible/just painted on.

....though man, it's so hilarious watching a new Hanzo reaction, they just had a ton of fun thinking up new ways to have go all Shokugeki no Soma on the food.

So we're all in agreement that Hanabi totally effing sucks, right? I have her at level 17 and I still got my ass absolutely slaughtered on a simple Day 4 mission because she has such a small hit range and long recovery time from swinging that goddamn hammer - plus I can't seem to get her to combo for shit.

Any tips? I feel like I'm probably gonna be forced to use her again as the story progresses and I am not looking forward to it.

She's an entirely pvp focused character so I really have no advice to give for taking out grunts with her. You can jump cancel her dash attack but I don't how effective that would be against hordes of enemies. I guess fish for aerial raves maybe

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Squeezy Squeezy Jet Pistol! Squeezy Squeezy Jet Gatling"

omg a freakin' One Piece reference in Bon Appetit, the script for this has been great.

Source that isn't chartz? I find that very hard to believe

100k is A LOT for a XSEED release.

Combined ~30k for EV seems fine imo
There was a press release a couple of months ago (I think it was an Estival Versus press release from Japan) that said that Shinovi Versus sold 400k worldwide (including digital and sales).

If we're talking long-term with digital (including discounted sales), then sure. But it doesn't make a lot of sense to compare that to retail only first month EV numbers.

amazon has what looks like the CE (Endless Summer) on sale for 40 bucks today

I liked versus but didn't finish it, is this more of the same or are there good gameplay improvements?

Eolz

amazon has what looks like the CE (Endless Summer) on sale for 40 bucks today

I liked versus but didn't finish it, is this more of the same or are there good gameplay improvements?

There's some nice improvements all around, but it's still Versus at its core.
It's a bit like going from a Dynasty Warriors to another, hard to say for you if you should get it or not.
If you've never played SK2, this is a good alternative as well, since the gameplay is a lot more different (for better and for worse depending on the tastes).

Top Bottom