• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Squishy Kat isn't up anywhere yet. Don't worry, I'll probably post in this thread because I'll be pre-ordering one, too.

Didn't Play-Asia just cancel your DOA pre-order on you? There are such better (and cheaper) import options out there for figures! But I'm sure she'll be available on Play-Asia shortly after she goes up on AmiAmi.

ALTER Asuka is truly the best. http://myfigurecollection.net/pictu...de=list&view=gallery&cid=0&search=item:186845
NSFW

They did cancel it, but I dont think I posted in this thread like I did on the DOA one, they found one for me and sent it out with expedited shipping to apologize for the inconvenience. Should be here Friday.

I tried looking at Ami Ami yesterday but I couldnt find out how to sort the page so it doesnt show out of stock items other than in the NSFW section. I couldnt get it to sort so it made looking through it a mess.

Side note: New scans up on the internetz for EV. Seems to have alot of the same content as the last ones though. These ones are from Dengeki.

Edit: What on Gods green earth is Bokosuka Girls: Tatsunoko Gakuen Climax ? o.o"" SK clone?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They did cancel it, but I dont think I posted in this thread like I did on the DOA one, they found one for me and sent it out with expedited shipping to apologize for the inconvenience. Should be here Friday.

I tried looking at Ami Ami yesterday but I couldnt find out how to sort the page so it doesnt show out of stock items other than in the NSFW section. I couldnt get it to sort so it made looking through it a mess.

Side note: New scans up on the internetz for EV. Seems to have alot of the same content as the last ones though. These ones are from Dengeki.

That's great news! I'm glad it worked out for you.

AmiAmi's site is definitely annoying to navigate. I think most people just use the front page or search for a specific item because www.myfigurecollection.net already has every single figure announced/upcoming and released in the past 10 years or so.

Thanks for the heads up on the scans!

Chrom

I'm not really one for figures, but the ones released for the Senran Kagura characters generally look pretty nice in my opinion. If I were to buy one, it'd probably just be of my favorite character or something.

I'm not really one for figures, but the ones released for the Senran Kagura characters generally look pretty nice in my opinion. If I were to buy one, it'd probably just be of my favorite character or something.

Everyone needs a little deviant breast groper named Katsuragi in their lives. :|

It's about damn time!
Still waiting for my LE though.

Wfri4vC.jpg

Demoskinos

Finally went to NCSX and pre-ordered my copy of Estival Versus. I'm pretty damn excited. Only got the regular version though. As much as I adore this series $149 plus shipping is a bit much for a few soundtrack CD's and figurines for me.

Finally went to NCSX and pre-ordered my copy of Estival Versus. I'm pretty damn excited. Only got the regular version though. As much as I adore this series $149 plus shipping is a bit much for a few soundtrack CD's and figurines for me.

Stay in this thread long enough, the power of oppai will convince you.

SerTapTap

I asked before, but has anyone seen the first Versus figure pack for lower than $100? All I'm even seeing is ebay. I'm starting to lean towards just buying it because I'll have the other 3 sets but ugh all I even want is the figures, that's so pricy.

Okay, so... help me out here, if you all would be so kind...

I recently purchased Senran Kagura Burst off of the Nintendo eShop and am finding it to be entertaining for sure, but...

Is it always about the boobs? I'm trying so hard to focus on the story within the game, but I find it hard when the characters move their torsos in any direction.

If anything, the game's breast physics are on point. Should I keep playing?

In terms of story, where should I be starting?

Vylash

I recently purchased Senran Kagura Burst off of the Nintendo eShop and am finding it to be entertaining for sure, but...

Is it always about the boobs? I'm trying so hard to focus on the story within the game, but I find it hard when the characters move their torsos in any direction.

it's a mix of fanservice, story, and character development and you should absolutely keep playing

in terms of story, finish both sides of Burst, play Shinovi Versus if you have a vita, and pick up Deep Crimson when it comes out over here

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

There are interesting characters, writing, and story in there. I guess it might be difficult at first to suspend disbelief when characters are engaging in a serious conversation when their clothes are ripped to shreds, but you get used to it. I bought the game for the boobs, but the main reason I kept playing was because of the characters, story, and action.

You should finish both the Hanzo and Hebijo sides of the story. Start with Hanzo (Red), then do Hebijo (Green). Then move onto Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, and you can tackle the schools in any order that you want.

SerTapTap

The text should all be pretty self-explanatory. As far as currently released games go, Burst is a poor game that has the "serious" side of the canon story, Versus is a much better game with more humor, more fanservice and more focus on sidestories than serious stuff (but also good backstories for most characters), SK2 is like Burst but with actually good gameplay and story (but isn't translated yet), Dekamori is an okay rhythm cooking game that's entirely for humor/fanservice. Estival Versus (unreleased) is probably going to yet again be a humor/fanserviced focused game that might have some backstory and tidbits of main story as well.

Basically it's kind of a damn shame that Burst is relevant at all, but since you already have it try to enjoy it. But look forward to Versus IMO.

I asked before, but has anyone seen the first Versus figure pack for lower than $100? All I'm even seeing is ebay. I'm starting to lean towards just buying it because I'll have the other 3 sets but ugh all I even want is the figures, that's so pricy.

I bought mine for 100$ on the dot with shipping. Took almost a month an a half to get here but I think that was because of the strikes at the shipping yards. The package said it was used but all the figures were sealed so thats I jumped on it. I actually looked at it this morning an the box was still sealed so I guess it was just the cellophane that was taken off an thats why it was labeled as used.

SerTapTap

I bought mine for 100$ on the dot with shipping. Took almost a month an a half to get here but I think that was because of the strikes at the shipping yards. The package said it was used but all the figures were sealed so thats I jumped on it. I actually looked at it this morning an the box was still sealed so I guess it was just the cellophane that was taken off an thats why it was labeled as used.

I also can't get fuckall information about the condition of any of the things on ebay =/ I'm incredibly sick of listings of "used" condition items from Japan with generic boilerplate instead of listing the condition of the item. It's kind of extremely important for games and boxed sets like this. If I found one like yours I'd but it in a heartbeat. I guess I'll have to ask the sellers

I also can't get fuckall information about the condition of any of the things on ebay =/ I'm incredibly sick of listings of "used" condition items from Japan with generic boilerplate instead of listing the condition of the item. It's kind of extremely important for games and boxed sets like this. If I found one like yours I'd but it in a heartbeat. I guess I'll have to ask the sellers

The seller I got mine from posted another listing but im not sure if its up still. Ill look and see, just a second.

Edit: Second one sold on the 14th of Feb. =\

Ill keep looking too. If I find one ill PM you the link.

I was looking around at the different ones that are readily available still and those were the only two I saw that I would like to get. Theres a couple Ikkitousen ones id like to get eventually and a couple more Dead or Alive ones but theyre extremely hard to find. Oh, and a particular Mai Shiranui one but trying to find that one -- good luck..

SerTapTap

Edit: Second one sold on the 14th of Feb. =\

Ill keep looking too. If I find one ill PM you the link.

Figures. Thanks though

Think im going to order one of these tonight...

Why do soooooo many figures have wrong faces? Especially for >$100 figures I can't deal with that. The face is probably the single most important part, especially the eyes--that just doesn't look like Katsu to me. Get the face wrong and it looks like some random anime character cosplaying as the intended character. Part of why I like Nendoroids is they generally do a fantastic job of both blending in with each other and also staying pretty close to the original (but chibi'd).

Maybe chibis are just easier to get right? But it's not like all big figs look wrong either.

Figures. Thanks though

Why do soooooo many figures have wrong faces? Especially for >$100 figures I can't deal with that. The face is probably the single most important part, especially the eyes--that just doesn't look like Katsu to me. Get the face wrong and it looks like some random anime character cosplaying as the intended character. Part of why I like Nendoroids is they generally do a fantastic job of both blending in with each other and also staying pretty close to the original (but chibi'd).

Maybe chibis are just easier to get right? But it's not like all big figs look wrong either.

Yeah, I just started looking at figures and getting into it. I only have one, the Kasumi by Griffon, everyone told me to stay away from Griffon but I really love it. I took it to Winter Brawl with me to get it signed by Kat and Tom Lee and everyone at the DOA stations were like "Holy shit, is that a prize?" and "Where did you get that?" even Tom asked me where I got it from, I guess they didnt see it yet at the offices. Kat turned it over an was like "Ha, you can see her hiney!"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

It just depends on the sculptor. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't. It's like a doujin artist trying to copy or emulate the original work. Few get it perfectly right, or add their own style to it. Most figures are based on a piece of artwork and the sculptor then has to sort of fill in the gaps on their own.

Yeah, I just started looking at figures and getting into it. I only have one, the Kasumi by Griffon, everyone told me to stay away from Griffon but I really love it. I took it to Winter Brawl with me to get it signed by Kat and Tom Lee and everyone at the DOA stations were like "Holy shit, is that a prize?" and "Where did you get that?" even Tom asked me where I got it from, I guess they didnt see it yet at the offices. Kat turned it over an was like "Ha, you can see her hiney!"

If Griffon is your first figure, then you might not immediately notice issues in the paint and sculpt. If you compare a Max Factory or ALTER figure side by side in pictures with a Griffon figure, then you'll notice immediately the difference in quality. She still looks better than the average figure you see in the U.S.

But hey, there aren't any other options for DOA, right now. And as long as you're happy, that's all that matters! I do think she looks a bit better than your average Griffon.

Which Mai Shiranui are you trying to get? There's a really popular one based on the Kinu Nishimura CvS2 art done by Max Factory years ago, but also a more recent Alphamax KOFXIII Mai Shiranui that's pretty popular.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/320
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/128858

It just depends on the sculptor. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't. It's like a doujin artist trying to copy or emulate the original work. Few get it perfectly right, or add their own style to it. Most figures are based on a piece of artwork and the sculptor then has to sort of fill in the gaps on their own.

If Griffon is your first figure, then you might not immediately notice issues in the paint and sculpt. If you compare a Max Factory or ALTER figure side by side in pictures with a Griffon figure, then you'll notice immediately the difference in quality. She still looks better than the average figure you see in the U.S.

But hey, there aren't any other options for DOA, right now. And as long as you're happy, that's all that matters! I do think she looks a bit better than your average Griffon.

Which Mai Shiranui are you trying to get? There's a really popular one based on the Kinu Nishimura CvS2 art done by Max Factory years ago, but also a more recent Alphamax KOFXIII Mai Shiranui that's pretty popular.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/320
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/128858

Both of the ones you listed were the ones I was looking at. Ive seen ones in the black and gold garb but none in the red and white.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Both of the ones you listed were the ones I was looking at. Ive seen ones in the black and gold garb but none in the red and white.

Mai's pretty popular for obvious reasons. Both of those figures will sometimes shows up on AmiAmi used and on Mandarake. I own the Alphamax one. I really like it.

If you're trying to keep a lookout, I'd suggest using figinstock.com. They'll notify you via e-mail when one shows up at a vendor.

SerTapTap

I'm not overly critical of the quality of figures as long as it matches the price--there's a ton of Sonico prize figures that are a good size, nice variety of poses, not top-shelf quality, but they're only $20-30 shipped so IMO they're pretty great. If I'm spending over $50 I want pretty good quality, $40 is usually what I'll spend on a Nendoroid (no complaints about quality there).

Figma I'm a bit iffy on--moderately articulated human figs look...pretty bad. I kinda regret the figma ryuko--should have got the Nendo when it was cheap. It's not terrible, but Samus/Mega Man style characters look way better because they can hide the ugly ball joints.

I haven't bought anything $100+ yet but I'd expect very good quality all around for that. I'd like some of the SK or Neptunia figures in that price range but the faces are almost always off. I can't really accept that especially in that price range.

Kat turned it over an was like "Ha, you can see her hiney!"

I bought a "beach" themed soncio fig and didn't notice her butt/swimsuit's showing (torn jeans). Images of the fig were fairly innocent, bikini top, slightly torn jeans. Then I got the box and the side art is 60% her ass

Kobi----- (cant spell it) announced not too long ago a Sakura figure that I really want as well. Shes one of my mains. I use her and Cammy in Street Fighter. Im not any good though. =\

I'm not overly critical of the quality of figures as long as it matches the price--there's a ton of Sonico prize figures that are a good size, nice variety of poses, not top-shelf quality, but they're only $20-30 shipped so IMO they're pretty great. If I'm spending over $50 I want pretty good quality, $40 is usually what I'll spend on a Nendoroid (no complaints about quality there).

Figma I'm a bit iffy on--moderately articulated human figs look...pretty bad. I kinda regret the figma ryuko--should have got the Nendo when it was cheap. It's not terrible, but Samus/Mega Man style characters look way better because they can hide the ugly ball joints.

I haven't bought anything $100+ yet but I'd expect very good quality all around for that. I'd like some of the SK or Neptunia figures in that price range but the faces are almost always off. I can't really accept that especially in that price range.

I bought a "beach" themed soncio fig and didn't notice her butt/swimsuit's showing (torn jeans). Images of the fig were fairly innocent, bikini top, slightly torn jeans. Then I got the box and the side art is 60% her ass

I might order a second one so I can keep the one that's signed sealed and display the other one. Kinda hate to double dip on a 100+$ figure but I really want to know what it looks like in person rather than just images.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

When you pay $100 for a figure, you get really good size, quality, and detail. $25 prize figures are okay (there are some really nice prize figures out there), but you absolutely get what you pay for when it comes to figures, and you'll notice the difference immediately when you open it.

Kobi----- (cant spell it) announced not too long ago a Sakura figure that I really want as well. Shes one of my mains. I use her and Cammy in Street Fighter. Im not any good though. =\

Yep, Kotobukiya! It's part of their bishoujo line, which are licensed characters done in the style of Shunya Yamashita, a pretty famous pretty girl artist. They've done Marvel, DC, Mass Effect, Tekken, Street Fighter, Star Wars, and plenty more.

Bishoujos are a perfect entry point into figures. They're decent size, good quality for the price (usually around $60), and you don't even have to import because they eventually show up on sites like Amazon. They've done a Cammy and a Chun Li already. Juri is coming out. Sakura looks really good, and they've already announced Poison.

SerTapTap

When you pay $100 for a figure, you get really good size, quality, and detail. $25 prize figures are okay (there are some really nice prize figures out there), but you absolutely get what you pay for when it comes to figures, and you'll notice the difference immediately when you open it.

The paint quality on the $100 uglyface figures does look great, but an ugly fig is an ugly fig. Might as well be offbrand to me.

Yep, Kotobukiya! It's part of their bishoujo line, which are licensed characters done in the style of Shunya Yamashita, a pretty famous pretty girl artist. They've done Marvel, DC, Mass Effect, Tekken, Street Fighter, Star Wars, and plenty more.

Bishoujos are a perfect entry point into figures. They're decent size, good quality for the price (usually around $60), and you don't even have to import because they eventually show up on sites like Amazon. They've done a Cammy and a Chun Li already. Juri is coming out. Sakura looks really good, and they've already announced Poison.

I saw the Star Fire one not too long ago and even though I dont know who she is (I think shes from Teen Titans?) I kinda wanted to get her cause I thought it was really good looking. Plus I have a thing for red heads sooooo... >.>"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The paint quality on the $100 uglyface figures does look great, but an ugly fig is an ugly fig. Might as well be offbrand to me.

I'm just saying in general, not really commenting on the actual figures you're looking at. Faces are really important to me, too, and I can definitely be picky about it. I think the figures I posted on the last page are spot on, though.

I saw the Star Fire one not too long ago and even though I dont know who she is (I think shes from Teen Titans?) I kinda wanted to get her cause I thought it was really good looking. Plus I have a thing for red heads sooooo... >.>"

Yep, I'm deeefinitely keeping an eye on Starfire. I just want her to drop in price just a little on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IS5BM4C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

She's from DC comics in general, including Teen Titans.

I'm just saying in general, not really commenting on the actual figures you're looking at. Faces are really important to me, too, and I can definitely be picky about it. I think the figures I posted on the last page are spot on, though.

Yep, I'm deeefinitely keeping an eye on Starfire. I just want her to drop in price just a little on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IS5BM4C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

She's from DC comics in general, including Teen Titans.

I might order her, Cammy and Katsu all in one fell swoop and be done with it. Its going to happen eventually so why not now. Other than the lack of shelf space.

I kinda regret the figma ryuko--should have got the Nendo when it was cheap.

Well if you regret it I know a certain someone who is looking for her if you plan on parting ways. *wink wink*

As far as faces on figures go I'm 50/50. I am more interested if the figure carries the spirit of the character. that's why I like the Phat line.

I have this Kat ordered and plan on getting the Ikaruga and Hibari. I feel like they captured Kat's bouncy fun loving nature, Ikarugas stern resolve, and Hibari's quirkiness.

Plus they go for decent prices and are 1/8.

Well if you regret it I know a certain someone who is looking for her if you plan on parting ways. *wink wink*

As far as faces on figures go I'm 50/50. I am more interested if the figure carries the spirit of the character. that's why I like the Phat line.

I have this Kat ordered and plan on getting the Ikaruga and Hibari. I feel like they captured Kat's bouncy fun loving nature, Ikarugas stern resolve, and Hibari's quirkiness.

Plus they go for decent prices and are 1/8.

Where did you get that Katsu and Hibari? The only Hibari ive seen are the one where shes bent over with the scroll between her cheeks and the one where she has her hands over her boobs.

Where did you get that Katsu and Hibari? The only Hibari ive seen are the one where shes bent over with the scroll between her cheeks and the one where she has her hands over her boobs.

I got the Kat when she showed up on Mandarake for 3k¥. I've seen the Hibari show up from time to time for about the same and Ikaruga for 5k¥. They are all close to 7k¥ brand new. The only one I have ordered do far is Kat. Phat company makes them. More pics here. MFC. Sadly though they only made those 3.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

They're both manufactured by PHAT. They're not in production anymore, but they both show up regularly on AmiAmi used. Katsuragi is actually available on Amazon.co.jp for under $50 new:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00BIZ789C/ (Be sure to pick from Amazon.co.jp for international global shipping)

Hibari shows up used on AmiAmi fairly often at a reduced price:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...keywords=hibari$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=2

You can also check Mandarake. Figinstock is your friend on catching them when they go in stock.

The biggest problem I have is I dont want 100 different figures from 100 different manufacturers. I want a full set like that one, but finding a full set is like impossible unless the mini ones from the CEs (which I have now).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The biggest problem I have is I dont want 100 different figures from 100 different manufacturers. I want a full set like that one, but finding a full set is like impossible unless the mini ones from the CEs (which I have now).

It depends. Some lines have continued, and will continue for years. For example, the Hyakka Ryouran Alter line has been going on for a long while now, and share consistency. Similarly, the Kotobukiya bishoujo line we were talking about? That's been going on for a while and is consistent as well.

The squishy line for Senran Kagura looks like it's going to be the most consistent run of Senran Kagura figures because Toy's Works/Chara Ani acutally works with Tamsoft, the developers of Senran Kagura. They also made the chibis.

You would think that having figures from different manufacturers would make them look inconsistent, but this really isn't the case. It's more size and scale, and why some people only buy figures that are a certain scale.

It depends. Some lines have continued, and will continue for years. For example, the Hyakka Ryouran Alter line has been going on for a long while now, and share consistency. Similarly, the Kotobukiya bishoujo line we were talking about? That's been going on for a while and is consistent as well.

The squishy line for Senran Kagura looks like it's going to be the most consistent run of Senran Kagura figures because Toy's Works/Chara Ani acutally works with Tamsoft, the developers of Senran Kagura. They also made the chibis.

You would think that having figures from different manufacturers would make them look inconsistent, but this really isn't the case. It's more size and scale, and why some people only buy figures that are a certain scale.

For the squishys the only ones are Asuka and Hibari so far right? An then the Katsu one thats not up for preorder yet?

Top Bottom