• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Eolz

I would have liked to see a vote break down by region. NA / EU / SEA / ect.

Don't think that would have been interesting as it was a poll made for japanese in the first place.
However, Marvelous Europe did a recent poll for Valentine's Day.
Facebook had Ikaruga winning and Homura second (most others were around the same place behind).
Twitter had Hikage winning by far, followed by Katsuragi, Haruka and Ikaruga.

Vylash

Yumi is awful. AWFUL.

2YFfur1.gif

disgusting

Eolz

I don't think it's really Yumi hate, but it's what happens when a character is pushed so hard as the mascot (new or not) of something with fans (new or old) thinking he/she doesn't really deserve it.
Even worse when it's linked to waifus.
Happened with Kasumi, Lightning, Rosalina, etc

why won't you let me love you, i'm trying so hard but you keep pushing me away

Lol'ed irl.

I don't think it's really Yumi hate, but it's what happens when a character is pushed so hard as the mascot (new or not) of something with fans (new or old) thinking he/she doesn't really deserve it.
Even worse when it's linked to waifus.
Happened with Kasumi, Lightning, Rosalina, etc

Kasumi will never die to me, she is my ultimate waifu. Lightning on the other hand... Never again will I play that giant CF of a story arc.

Eolz

Oh, the rest of the results is in the source code of the page.
Here they are:

第11位:Miyabi
第12位:Murasaki
第13位:Shiki
第14位:Yagyu
第15位:Murakumo
第16位:Asuka
第17位:Kafuru
第18位:Ryoki
第19位:Katsuragi
第20位:Renka
第21位:Hibari
第22位:Sayuri
第23位:Minori
第24位:Imu
第25位:Hanabi

SerTapTap

I am holding out on the Vita version. I hope that they go on sale later.

I'm betting this one will be closer to SV's LE than SK2's--IE, sold out and sold used for new/higher price. Who knows.

I didn't get any of the extras, not super amazing, and my AmiAmi order's already in and I don't want to tempt fate by trying to cancel 'em. I mostly just wanted the PS4 game and the figs but I don't want to buy later and find I need to spend even more.

SerTapTap

I wouldn't mind yuri if the game weren't so awkward about it. Oddly Katsu is probably the least weird case of it. Yagyuu/Hibari doesn't make much sense and I don't like Imu's whole fangirl complex. Why can't it just be two competent characters that mutually like each other?

I actually like Miyabi and Imu (mostly Miyabi) but I don't dig the Bifauxnen/fangirl thing.

Puruzi

Banned
I wouldn't mind yuri if the game weren't so awkward about it. Oddly Katsu is probably the least weird case of it. Yagyuu/Hibari doesn't make much sense and I don't like Imu's whole fangirl complex. Why can't it just be two competent characters that mutually like each other?

I actually like Miyabi and Imu (mostly Miyabi) but I don't dig the Bifauxnen/fangirl thing.
I guess Homura and Asuka fit? Maybe Ikaruga and Yomi.

SerTapTap

I guess Homura and Asuka fit? Maybe Ikaruga and Yomi.

Do either of those really go beyond friends though? At least from Versus I never really got that impression. Yomi and Ikaruga are interesting at least though. Better than Beansprouts, at least

Puruzi

Banned
Do either of those really go beyond friends though? At least from Versus I never really got that impression. Yomi and Ikaruga are interesting at least though. Better than Beansprouts, at least

I dunno, Homura got all flustered when Yumi thought they were romantic for each other. And when Yumi told Asuka that Homura liked her, Asuka didn't seem against the idea at all.

As for Ikaruga and Yomi, I don't like them too much separately, but they're totally cute together and I just think it'd be cool to happen.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Seriously though, there are a quite few instances in Shinovi Versus where they are teased for liking one another beyond simple friendship.

SerTapTap

I guess I didn't notice. I sort of space out when Asuka and Homura are on the screen at the same time since it's usually the same stuff and happens like once a chapter. I like them individually much more than I like their "chemistry" I guess

ShinMaruku

One day I will put the audio of the song often with the Dancing of:

IEOFMp7.jpg

Where did you guys preorder? I got mine from Nippon Yassan for my import.

jonno394

Just started Shinovi Versus for the first time. This is my first experience of the SK series, enjoying it so far. Chose Gessen Academy first and have done the "Girls heart" story for 3 of the girls so far and finished chapter 1 of the story.

Struggled to get used to combat at first and there were instances against a boss where they'd beat me down, send me flying and then before I could get back up or move they were on top of me again and just kicking my ass. How does one avoid this? Does pressing down on the d-pad while getting combo'd work to halt it?

Hey guys, I have another question.

When downloading Bon Apetit on the Vita, I also got a companion app "Senran Kagura Stacked Soundtrack". After installing it, it seems to serve no purpose. Is it ok to delete this?

Eolz

Sorry, no idea for Bon Appetit, I have yet to install it (damn vita memory cards...), but I think I had the same thing for Tearaway and it just copied music in my music library. Check here maybe?

That banana pic made me laugh way too much

Just started Shinovi Versus for the first time. This is my first experience of the SK series, enjoying it so far. Chose Gessen Academy first and have done the "Girls heart" story for 3 of the girls so far and finished chapter 1 of the story.

Struggled to get used to combat at first and there were instances against a boss where they'd beat me down, send me flying and then before I could get back up or move they were on top of me again and just kicking my ass. How does one avoid this? Does pressing down on the d-pad while getting combo'd work to halt it?

Nice.
You can block/parry with R and use Down on the D-pad to break this yeah (harder to do later obviously). Keep in mind it makes you lose some life by doing this.
The tutorials are meh, but they teach you some basics, you should try them (I think you get a trophy too).

jonno394

Nice.
You can block/parry with R and use Down on the D-pad to break this yeah (harder to do later obviously). Keep in mind it makes you lose some life by doing this.
The tutorials are meh, but they teach you some basics, you should try them (I think you get a trophy too).

Blocking doesn't work while you're on the receiving end of a fast paced combo though right?

Yea got the trophy, i'm of offensively, just not so good defensively so far!

Top Bottom