• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Guys, I have a quick question.

I'm trying to buy a bunch of the DLC for Shinovi Vs. on the Vita. Is there any easy way to buy a lot of items at once on PSN, or do I have to add, confirm by password, and confirm purchase for every single one of those things? Because that sounds miserable.

With the addition of what the person above me said, make sure you dont buy something twice. Sometimes buying the bundles is cheaper than buying the items individually even if it contains something you dont really want. This is especially true when it comes to the individual characters and the individual costumes. You can pay 1.99 per or whatever it is or get 4-5 costumes for 4-5$.
(I wish DOA did that... I would have saved so much money... >.> )

I had to do it through the browser store because trying to do it any other way was a pain in the ass. They really need a better download queue system.

I always use the webstore now, combined with the DS download list manager thingy it's definitely the way to go.
Yeah, I just queued up a LOT of items in the website DL list, and it's all failing to download on my Vita.

It's pretty late here. I'm just going to have to download them manually tomorrow.

SerTapTap

Yeah, I just queued up a LOT of items in the website DL list, and it's all failing to download on my Vita.

It's pretty late here. I'm just going to have to download them manually tomorrow.

How many? There's some sort of limit, but 10-20 should be fine I think. Don't queue up like 40 at once. This is one of may reasons I wish devs (japanese niche ones especially) would cut out the damn billion separate DLC items and free DLC instead of patches. I only downloaded the free DLC and it was still a pain in the ass. They should try and have like 5 or less big sets that contain everything.

How many? There's some sort of limit, but 10-20 should be fine I think. Don't queue up like 40 at once. This is one of may reasons I wish devs (japanese niche ones especially) would cut out the damn billion separate DLC items and free DLC instead of patches. I only downloaded the free DLC and it was still a pain in the ass. They should try and have like 5 or less big sets that contain everything.

Yeah, DLC is getting a bit ridiculous... If you search Senran Kagura in the SOE store theres like 157 hits just for games. DOA is like 388+ hits. Its kind of dumb... But I guess they wouldnt be there if people
(like me)
didnt buy them. So... I guess you can say im part of the problem...
but damn Hitomi looks good in that pink bikini. ;>

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They really need to streamline queues and downloading from the PSN store. It's becoming something of a problem with all the DLC. It's clunky, cumbersome, and takes way too much time. It's something that Sony should really focus on.

lol I queued 106. That seems to be the problem then. Oh well, off to bed, I'll fix it tomorrow.

SerTapTap

Yeah you're definitely screwed with 106...I knew there was a lot but I didn't realize it was quite that many. Anyone know what the queue limit is? It's more than ten at least but well under 100 I'm sure

They really need to streamline queues and downloading from the PSN store. It's becoming something of a problem with all the DLC. It's clunky, cumbersome, and takes way too much time. It's something that Sony should really focus on.

The best solution I've seen has been Driveclub which has an extremely snappy, ingame store where you can go and "purchase" all the free DLC and season pass entitlements and start using them instantly--content is all in patches and DLC is just entitlements. Takes a few seconds to claim all the new DLC (and there's multiple ways to find it--the base store or the general menu). I wish it just downloaded everything I "own" instantly but barring that Driveclub's solution is pretty much as good as they can do.

But I don't think that's an option at all for PS3 or Vita--though I've seen ingame stores on both platforms I think you need to restart the app to actually "install" anything.

antibolo

Banned

For DLC they did it right on PS4, where it's handled automatically like Steam.

Wish they would retroactively do the same on Vita, but they're obviously not going to bother.

SerTapTap

It's much better on PS4 but is it quite automatic? I forget if I had to redownload DLC when I set up my 20th anniversary PS4. Don't actually have much PS4 DLC outside of Driveclub and Resogun's season passes. Removing the queue limit (or making it like 200 or something) and improving the web store would go a long way though. Also the download list but at this point I just use PSDLE. I hated the download list within a year of owning a PS3, I can't believe it's still so bad...

Finally started playing my first SK game. Bought SV before but wated to start with Burst which arrived today. I actually like the simple gameplay so far because keeping up combos as long as possible is quite enjoyable, but the game seems like heaven and hell at the same time for completionists. :x

Yeah you're definitely screwed with 106...I knew there was a lot but I didn't realize it was quite that many. Anyone know what the queue limit is? It's more than ten at least but well under 100 I'm sure

The best solution I've seen has been Driveclub which has an extremely snappy, ingame store where you can go and "purchase" all the free DLC and season pass entitlements and start using them instantly--content is all in patches and DLC is just entitlements. Takes a few seconds to claim all the new DLC (and there's multiple ways to find it--the base store or the general menu). I wish it just downloaded everything I "own" instantly but barring that Driveclub's solution is pretty much as good as they can do.

But I don't think that's an option at all for PS3 or Vita--though I've seen ingame stores on both platforms I think you need to restart the app to actually "install" anything.

Mine seems to time out after 25 or so on the Vita. Last night I had an issue with one of Ayane's costumes on Last Round. It said it was installed but it didnt download. I was unable to remote download it from SOE web browser or the console itself. I had to delete my save, my game data, and rebuild my PS4s database. When I reinstalled the game it was magically there again... :\

The biggest thing they absolutely need to fix, especially for people like me who do like getting costumes and aesthetic things, is they need to make the download list show per game not per item. If I download one costume now, and months later I decide to go back an they come out with another that I want, trying to find those two in the download list is like a rubix cube of death. With game folder based descriptions you can find the game, an then find the download. It would make it so much easier.

Chrom

Finally started playing my first SK game. Bought SV before but wated to start with Burst which arrived today. I actually like the simple gameplay so far because keeping up combos as long as possible is quite enjoyable, but the game seems like heaven and hell at the same time for completionists. :x

Good to know you've been enjoying it! I can attest to how much time it requires to completely finish it. Doing the math, it requires acing at least 838 missions, at least for the Hanzo side. I'm just about done with that myself. By the end you should have unlocked everything in the game except for a few clothings (and the title for getting them all), which actually require you to play specific missions in the Hebijo story in order to get them.

SerTapTap

Good to know you've been enjoying it! I can attest to how much time it requires to completely finish it. Doing the math, it requires acing at least 838 missions, at least for the Hanzo side. I'm just about done with that myself. By the end you should have unlocked everything in the game except for a few clothings (and the title for getting them all), which actually require you to play specific missions in the Hebijo story in order to get them.

Is that every mission x every character or something? Is there actually any reason to do that though? Shinovi Versus very quickly cured me of any desire to actually do that or go for rankings since ranks are so meaningless and arbitrary

The biggest thing they absolutely need to fix, especially for people like me who do like getting costumes and aesthetic things, is they need to make the download list show per game not per item. If I download one costume now, and months later I decide to go back an they come out with another that I want, trying to find those two in the download list is like a rubix cube of death. With game folder based descriptions you can find the game, an then find the download. It would make it so much easier.

PSDLE helps, you can just search for the game's name and narrow by platform and content type. Really there needs to be a quick "download everything I own for this game" option...I mean really it should be automatic, like steam. Why would I not want the DLC I paid for, for a game I have presently installed.

Chrom

Is that every mission x every character or something? Is there actually any reason to do that though? Shinovi Versus very quickly cured me of any desire to actually do that or go for rankings since ranks are so meaningless and arbitrary

Yeah, that's how I was going by it (5 chapters of 14 missions that can be cleared with 6 characters 2 times except for the Daidouji mission). There's no award for specifically doing this, but if you were to aim for achieving everything along the way (like leveling everyone up to Level 50), I think you may as well try. The actual completion percentage displayed by the game just goes by general mission completion though.

PSDLE helps, you can just search for the game's name and narrow by platform and content type. Really there needs to be a quick "download everything I own for this game" option...I mean really it should be automatic, like steam. Why would I not want the DLC I paid for, for a game I have presently installed.

Im trying to understand how PSDLE works. Do you do it from the device itself or from a web browser enabled with Java?

Im trying to understand how PSDLE works. Do you do it from the device itself or from a web browser enabled with Java?

It's a javascript program. Easiest way to use it would be the Greasemonkey/Tapermonkey edition, whereby a local copy is installed. Requires a browser with the Greasemonkey (for Firefox) or Tapermonkey (Chrome and its derivatives) plug-in, though.

SerTapTap

It's a javascript program. Easiest way to use it would be the Greasemonkey/Tapermonkey edition, whereby a local copy is installed. Requires a browser with the Greasemonkey (for Firefox) or Tapermonkey (Chrome and its derivatives) plug-in, though.

I just use the bookmarklet. Go here to get the bookmarklet, , go to the front page of the PSN webstore, wait for it to load, press bookmarklet, bam.

so Marvelous wants to email me about New Wave, I love Puruzi so much that I'll advise them to remove Ageha

I want to see them put it on Vita. I think it would do well on the Vita. Any form of English localization would be amazing and a step in the right direction. Less gimmicky the better. Let us know the outcome of the emails.

Sayuri/Jazmine/Grandma/whatever you wanna call her looks amazing, and I NEED to play as her.

Also thanks for putting me on Danganronpa Zonic and Tap Tap, game is totally great.
Yup it certainly is! I just finished 1 and started 2 today. It's cool to see Katsu's seiyuu is in 2 as the red headed photographer girl.

Vylash

MODS HELP

jiCUFRU1Kuzug.jpg

Eolz

so Marvelous wants to email me about New Wave, I love Puruzi so much that I'll advise them to remove Ageha

I want to see them put it on Vita. I think it would do well on the Vita. Any form of English localization would be amazing and a step in the right direction. Less gimmicky the better. Let us know the outcome of the emails.

Port it everywhere.
It could be on 3DS/WiiU/Vita/PC/PS4/mobile without any problems.

Puruzi

Banned
So I won't lie I'm interested. I just got a PSTV, which game of the 2 should I play first?

Versus. The other game is a cooking rhythm spinoff.
It's also literally Fanservice: The Game, which is something i'm totally into, but I dunno how others feel about it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is that a trusted seller? or is it an auctioneer site like Ebay? I cant view it at work. What does that translate to in USD?

6,000 yen is approximately $55 pre-shipping.

Mandarake is a trusted seller. The site is comprised of several different vendors, but they're reputable Japanese shops. They're a big resource for FigureGAF.

I might order another SK figure tonight... Got the bills paid and have a little extra. Which one do you think I should get ? I really like the damaged Asuka one (above) and the Katsu with her skirt down where shes kneeling.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I might order another SK figure tonight... Got the bills paid and have a little extra. Which one do you think I should get ?

ALTER Asuka. Or wait for the squishy Katsuragi to open for pre-orders.

The Kat with the skirt sliding down is Griffon, which I've already ranted about. I personally think you're better off saving your money. Here's a list of current Katsuragi figures:
http://myfigurecollection.net/searc...e=&runid=-1&rating=0&addby=&barcode=&catalog=

The battle damaged Asuka is nice, though she and ALTER Asuka are discontinued, so you'd have to patrol the secondary markets.

The Kat with the skirt sliding down is Griffon, which I've already ranted about. I personally think you're better off saving your money. Here's a list of current Katsuragi figures:
http://myfigurecollection.net/searc...e=&runid=-1&rating=0&addby=&barcode=&catalog=

The battle damaged Asuka is nice, though she and ALTER Asuka are discontinued, so you'd have to patrol the secondary markets.

Yeah I would suggest skipping the Griffon one unless you just want to have all of them. It doesn't even look like her in my opinion.

I have the Griffon one on preorder already because I liked the pose. Is the squishy Katsu up on PlayAsia yet? I havent seen it yet. Thats usually where I order all my stuff. Theyve always been good to me in the past. Was thinking about getting the one thats third down from that list. The one where shes in her striped bikini but im afraid something will happen to her top...
on purpose >.>"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I have the Griffon one on preorder already because I liked the pose. Is the squishy Katsu up on PlayAsia yet? I havent seen it yet. Thats usually where I order all my stuff. Theyve always been good to me in the past. Was thinking about getting the one thats third down from that list. The one where shes in her striped bikini but im afraid something will happen to her top...
on purpose >.>"

Squishy Kat isn't up anywhere yet. Don't worry, I'll probably post in this thread because I'll be pre-ordering one, too.

Didn't Play-Asia just cancel your DOA pre-order on you? There are such better (and cheaper) import options out there for figures! Electronics, accessories, and games are sometimes better on Play-Asia. But I'm sure she'll be available on Play-Asia shortly after she goes up on AmiAmi.

ALTER Asuka is truly the best. http://myfigurecollection.net/pictu...de=list&view=gallery&cid=0&search=item:186845
NSFW

Top Bottom