• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Apparently the rumors are true about the destructible costumes in DoA...An supposedly it will work with other costumes later and might be a staple in the next iteration. I need an adult.. @.@""...

Eolz

Apparently the rumors are true about the destructible costumes in DoA...An supposedly it will work with other costumes later and might be a staple in the next iteration. I need an adult.. @.@""...

Hmmm. I can see that being good if it's well-made and not overdone/borderline 18+.
I'm ok with just some rips here and there.

Puruzi

Banned
I wish I cared about DOA as much as you guys do, it just isn't my type of fighter :(
Totes into the volleyball and that PSP game tho :V

I wish I cared about DOA as much as you guys do, it just isn't my type of fighter :(
Totes into the volleyball and that PSP game tho :V

Ive been playing DOA since Ps2 era. It was the first fighter I ever played. Dabbled a little bit in Tekken and Virtua Fighter but I always come back to DOA. If you look past all the sexism it receives because of the bikinis and the spin off games like Paradise and Xtreme Beach Volleyball its one of the best 3D fighters in my opinion. One of my buddies who is a TO refuses to recognize it though... He calls it "Titty-Rock-Paper-Scissors"...

Puruzi

Banned
Ive been playing DOA since Ps2 era. It was the first fighter I ever played. Dabbled a little bit in Tekken and Virtua Fighter but I always come back to DOA. If you look past all the sexism it receives because of the bikinis and the spin off games like Paradise and Xtreme Beach Volleyball its one of the best 3D fighters in my opinion. One of my buddies who is a TO refuses to recognize it though... He calls it "Titty-Rock-Paper-Scissors"...

I totally understand that it's a very solid fighting game, but I'm only good at some anime fighters and smash. Can't play DOA, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, etc. I'm garbo at slower paced fighting games. Calling DOA Titty Rock Paper Scissors seems a bit disingenuous.

I feel ya. For whatever reason, 3D fighters rarely ever "click" with me. But give me a well done 2D fighter and I can play that nonstop. SNK and NeoGEO fighters are my jam, with Garou: MotW, KoF XI and KoF 02 UM being my 3 favorites. I also love French Bread's games.

Puruzi

Banned
I feel ya. For whatever reason, 3D fighters rarely ever "click" with me. But give me a well done 2D fighter and I can play that nonstop. SNK and NeoGEO fighters are my jam, with Garou: MotW, KoF XI and KoF 02 UM being my 3 favorites. I also love French Bread's games.

Had no idea what this was. Just looked it up youtube. I want to play this game now.

Had no idea what this was. Just looked it up youtube. I want to play this game now.
Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! The game is a masterpiece and it has some of the most amazing animations seen in any 2D fighter.

BTW, is that who I think it is in your avatar?
Genocider
?

Seems that the Estival Versus character popularity poll is over (winner being on the cover of a book I think).
Results:

1. Yumi
  2. Ryobi
  3. Hikage
  4. Yomi
  5. Homura
  6. Ryona
  7. Mirai
  8. Yozakura
  9. Ikaruga
  10. Haruka
Oh, the rest of the results is in the source code of the page.
Here they are:

第11位:Miyabi
第12位:Murasaki
第13位:Shiki
第14位:Yagyu
第15位:Murakumo
第16位:Asuka
第17位:Kafuru
第18位:Ryoki
第19位:Katsuragi
第20位:Renka
第21位:Hibari
第22位:Sayuri
第23位:Minori
第24位:Imu
第25位:Hanabi
Late (how did I miss this thread?), but these results aren't too bad. Yumi's the best of the leaders, though Ryobi's basically the best full stop so I'd rather she placed #1. Maybe they can share whatever the prize is. Kafuru's been correctly identified as the best newcomer, so that's a plus. Mirai did reasonably well, Murasaki did average. Murakumo sadly dropped like a stone from the previous poll. I'd say something insulting about Hikage, but I hear the sound of knives being sharpened around me.

Got tired of waiting for my crossover... This will have to do for now...

image_zpsu3hgqf96.jpg

ShinMaruku

Does that TO allow KOF the game where you have Mai and you beat the clothes off King and Yuri :p

mpgeist

After the costume ban news..now the entire game will be banned from tournaments!

Does that TO allow KOF the game where you have Mai and you beat the clothes off King and Yuri :p

They do have KOF XIII at the tournaments I go to occasionally. Recently they havent though. Depends on the demand.

After the costume ban news..now the entire game will be banned from tournaments!

Nah, I dont think so. Everyone who plays on stream tends to pick rather tame costumes. Im willing to bet if it was patched in there will be a toggle to turn it on an off just like the breast physics. Theres no way that they would make it permanently turned on just for this reason. Unless youre referring to something else by ban? Link me if you can.

mpgeist

They do have KOF XIII at the tournaments I go to occasionally. Recently they havent though. Depends on the demand.

Nah, I dont think so. Everyone who plays on stream tends to pick rather tame costumes. Im willing to bet if it was patched in there will be a toggle to turn it on an off just like the breast physics. Theres no way that they would make it permanently turned on just for this reason. Unless youre referring to something else by ban? Link me if you can.
Should be on front page of event hubs. Sorry on phone and lazy lol.

lol, those pictures. Trying to device which ONE katsu fig I might get. There aren't any Yozakura figs are there? That anti-Versus bias :(

That;s good

Im probably going to end up with all of them eventually... because reasons...
>.>""

Curvy will be back just asked on Twitter and it was only a 2 week ban. :)

Im glad he will be back. :D

Should be on front page of event hubs. Sorry on phone and lazy lol.

It's a soft ban, not a perma ban. Like I said most people dont use bikinis or anything thats revealing during Top 8. The most revealing thing ive seen used is the bath towels.

Preowned figure... *cringes and shutters* No one could pay me enough. Discovering 4chan was not the best decision in my life.

Pre-Owned figures on AmiAmi and Mandarake are still usually sealed if they're at least B/B quality. Both sites are also very strict about listing anything wrong with their figures, and will specifically note paint scratches, cracked or missing parts, and yes... stains.

I and most people in FigureGAF regularly buy preowned figures, and I've yet to hear any horror stories. You're almost certainly safe buying them.

AmiAmi is a CF to browse because they don't let you sort out the sold out figures unless you're in the 18+ section.. Never been on the other site you guys mentioned. Might look at it today. My biggest problem is most the sites are in Japanese and I can't read a lick of it so I tend to shy away from it.

AmiAmi is a CF to browse because they don't let you sort out the sold out figures unless you're in the 18+ section.. Never been on the other site you guys mentioned. Might look at it today. My biggest problem is most the sites are in Japanese and I can't read a lick of it so I tend to shy away from it.

AmiAmi, Mandarake, and Hobby Japan are the three most trustworthy sites.

I don't personally feel AmiAmi is too difficult to navigate, but Hobby Japan and Mandarake are definitely more frustrating at times.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, if there's a particular figure you're chasing on the used market, it's super quick and easy to setup FigInStock. It automatically searches AmiAmi and Mandarake all day for whatever figure(s) you want it to, and will email you as soon as one is posted.

Well, I got the other Kasumi statue I wanted so I think I'm done with her for now. I got the Katsu one I wanted too but I might still order the striped bikini one because I like the pose. It's so damn expensive though. 200$ for a piece of resin plastic is a little absurd to me.

Well, I got the other Kasumi statue I wanted so I think I'm done with her for now. I got the Katsu one I wanted too but I might still order the striped bikini one because I like the pose. It's so damn expensive though. 200$ for a piece of resin plastic is a little absurd to me.

This one (nsfw)? It's expensive because it's huge, and cast-off.

1/4.5 (about 14in./350mm) is very large by figure standards.

SerTapTap

Chrom

I like to imagine that every character illustrated by Yaegashi Nan is a part of the Senran Kagura universe.

Josephl64

Glad to see Ryobi so high on the list...now I can't wait until that Kancolle vita comes out so I can have something to play Estival Versus on.

Chrom

But what about the doujins
He's done doujins. I know this because of reasons.

Doujins probably wouldn't change that for me, except in any cases where his style may be drastically different than how he illustrates nowadays.

But what about the doujins
He's done doujins. I know this because of reasons.

LOL'ed irl. I think we're all guilty but some are more ashamed than others to admit.

It's sort of like how it's hard to not see Dragon Ball in anything Akira Toriyama illustrates

Akira Toriyama is my all time favorite artist, but the guy from SK is quickly becoming my second. I also like Steve Argyle who does art for Magic the Gathering as well as some... off color... artists.
>.>""...

Melkor Mancin and Reiq.

Dont Google
, but if you do I promise you wont be disappointed. ;>

Edit: Now that I think about it Reiq does do alot of SWF stuff too.

Top Bottom