• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

SerTapTap

I actually like the stories so I would be double dipping anyways. I can wait. I will gladly enjoy your guys impressions though.

Yeah I like the story/humor so I'd rather wait but I can't miss out on figs. And I don't want to spend >$100 each for used like Versus so I'll just get now. Plus it'll be kinda fun, my first PS4 and Vita import. I just have one PS3 game and a bunch of 360 games from Japan so far.

Will get PS4, but not day 1 import.
Will buy any version before the localization if there's some SK2-like price drop (pretty sure this will happen sadly).

I dunno, I think that was a 3DS thing not an all SK thing. The Versus nyuunyuu pack is very expensive now, it's just SK2 that bombed. Maybe their Vita games just sell much better.
Hopefully they stop making 3DS games

Yeah I like the story/humor so I'd rather wait but I can't miss out on figs. And I don't want to spend >$100 each for used like Versus so I'll just get now. Plus it'll be kinda fun, my first PS4 and Vita import. I just have one PS3 game and a bunch of 360 games from Japan so far.

I dunno, I think that was a 3DS thing not an all SK thing. The Versus nyuunyuu pack is very expensive now, it's just SK2 that bombed. Maybe their Vita games just sell much better.
Hopefully they stop making 3DS games

If Estival sales like Versus did, they will probably drop the 3DS and go full Vita/PS4.

If this game bombs then RIP Senran Kagura.

Chrom

I'm expecting that Estival Versus won't outperform Shinovi Versus, but it'll still do about as well as Burst did at least.

SerTapTap

Has there been any news on if or when they are planning localization?

No, but I can't remember the last time Xseed said they were localizing a game before it even launched in Japan. It's going to be a months or >1 year later thing probably, though they caught up with Versus and especially Bon Appetit fairly quickly compared to SK1.

It's probably coming just not especially soon.

No, but I can't remember the last time Xseed said they were localizing a game before it even launched in Japan. It's going to be a months or >1 year later thing probably, though they caught up with Versus and especially Bon Appetit fairly quickly compared to SK1.

It's probably coming just not especially soon.

Id say at best next year late, an theyll show it at E3 like they did last year in the xSeed booth with Shinovi Versus.

Today a friend and I were discussing favorite seiyuu from games and we learned the funniest thing. We started discussing Senran's various seiyuu after talking about how Katsu's does Mahiru in Dangan 2. Well, that led to me discovering that Hikage's seiyuu is the Japanese dub voice for Hannah Montana.
I now have an image that I can't get out of my head of Hikage dancing around on stage, singing pop songs, in a big blonde wig.

I also learned she does Foo Fighters in JJBA All-Star Battle, which is perfect.

The image of Hikage as Hannah Montana.

Semi offtopic: So, serious question, since we obviously all play the SK games, has there been any other games that you play openly that are similar that youre not embarrassed about? I play SK, but I usually dont go around saying HEY LOOK AT THIS because I dont have any friends that play the game as well. My old co-workers actually bought SV for me as a gag gift but I played it anyway and really liked it. The reason I ask is I have been following this one from an art an photography perspective, but it has alot of fanservice as well. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/03/nairo-high-school-will-release-japan-june/

Ive also wanted to try Akiba's Trip but ill admit im a little skeptical to do so. Its the same with how I play DOA. I try not to pick the skimfy costumes. I main Kasumi and dabble in Momiji and Hitomi but I always pick rather tame costumes even though I have almost all of the risque ones from DLC bonus' and getting them as giveaways.

Puruzi

Banned

Semi offtopic: So, serious question, since we obviously all play the SK games, has there been any other games that you play openly that are similar that youre not embarrassed about? I play SK, but I usually dont go around saying HEY LOOK AT THIS because I dont have any friends that play the game as well. My old co-workers actually bought SV for me as a gag gift but I played it anyway and really liked it. The reason I ask is I have been following this one from an art an photography perspective, but it has alot of fanservice as well. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/03/nairo-high-school-will-release-japan-june/

Ive also wanted to try Akiba's Trip but ill admit im a little skeptical to do so. Its the same with how I play DOA. I try not to pick the skimfy costumes. I main Kasumi and dabble in Momiji and Hitomi but I always pick rather tame costumes even though I have almost all of the risque ones from DLC bonus' and getting them as giveaways.

I'm more inclined to buy a game with fanservice, and I don't hide that fact.

I'm also hyped as hell for that Highschool game, will get it the moment I get a PS4. It getting localized would actually make me get a PS4 earlier.

I bought SKB for the plot...

Naw I'm part of teamshameless. I will look for games that have fan service. Akiba's Trip was fun and would suggest getting it if it goes I to a steep sale.

mankoto

Those new scans... Does this mean that all of the squad leaders have a transformation of some sort? Or am I looking at it wrong?

I really want to try Bullet Girls too cause it appears like SK with guns, but im trying to hold off to see if it will get localized. Its the price of a full retail PS4 game to import it.. I also have all of the Neptunia / Hyper Dimension games for PS3 / Vita but ive never actually played them... I like the artwork, as weird as that may sound. I collect alot of things just for the artwork. I just wish I had more time to play games. I work 12-16 hour days. Leaves little to no free time when im practicing Dead or Alive any chance I can.

Those new scans... Does this mean that all of the squad leaders have a transformation of some sort? Or am I looking at it wrong?

Are you referring to SK or another game...?

flohen95

Generally, I play whatever I want to play based on looks, gameplay or characters/story, and I may come across games that would be considered risque, certainly. If I buy a game that involves fanservice, I don't buy for the fanservice - I buy for the game. And while fanservice can be a plus for sure, I won't buy if the games other aspects aren't interesting enough to justify the money.
From the games that I acquired based on those bulletpoints, Senran Kagura is probably the game that's most "in your face" about the fanservice and likely the game series that I would least play in front of my parents (which is why I'll be getting the Vita version of Estival Versus).

I did tell a few very good friends about these games (even though they generally only play PC games) and they are the type of people who would be to embarrassed to buy something like Neptunia in a store, but they are okay with it and we joke around about this stuff quite a lot. They always want me to buy these games in store to get a laugh. It's lighthearted fun.
I also have a list of every game that I own that is more or less viewable for everyone on the internet, and people that know me well will be able to associate this list with me no problem. Generally, I tend to think that if they'd recognize these certain games on the list, they'd know about them anyway, so it wouldn't hurt me in any way. That's why I remain very open about the games I play, even if some of them are certainly risque.

In that sense: Akiba's Trip is extremely harmless if you ask me. One of the games that I'd have absolutely no problem with showing around, especially since it's all very tongue-in-cheek and thus easily explainable if you ever feel the need to. It's also a game that I have no reservations about playing on public transport - I have played SK on the bus/train before, but only if I feel 'unobserved'. There's certainly some shame involved there, I won't deny that.

mankoto

I really want to try Bullet Girls too cause it appears like SK with guns, but im trying to hold off to see if it will get localized. Its the price of a full retail PS4 game to import it.. I also have all of the Neptunia / Hyper Dimension games for PS3 / Vita but ive never actually played them... I like the artwork, as weird as that may sound. I collect alot of things just for the artwork. I just wish I had more time to play games. I work 12-16 hour days. Leaves little to no free time when im practicing Dead or Alive any chance I can.

Check your PMs.

Bullet Girls is ok. Nothing amazing or anything. I got about halfway before I stopped. Plan to go back to it at some point.

Generally, I play whatever I want to play based on looks, gameplay or characters/story, and I may come across games that would be considered risque, certainly. If I buy a game that involves fanservice, I don't buy for the fanservice - I buy for the game. And while fanservice can be a plus for sure, I won't buy if the games other aspects aren't interesting enough to justify the money.
From the games that I acquired based on those bulletpoints, Senran Kagura is probably the game that's most "in your face" about the fanservice and likely the game series that I would least play in front of my parents (which is why I'll be getting the Vita version of Estival Versus).

I did tell a few very good friends about these games (even though they generally only play PC games) and they are the type of people who would be to embarrassed to buy something like Neptunia in a store, but they are okay with it and we joke around about this stuff quite a lot. They always want me to buy these games in store to get a laugh. It's lighthearted fun.
I also have a list of every game that I own that is more or less viewable for everyone on the internet, and people that know me well will be able to associate this list with me no problem. Generally, I tend to think that if they'd recognize these certain games on the list, they'd know about them anyway, so it wouldn't hurt me in any way. That's why I remain very open about the games I play, even if some of them are certainly risque.

In that sense: Akiba's Trip is extremely harmless if you ask me. One of the games that I'd have absolutely no problem with showing around, especially since it's all very tongue-in-cheek and thus easily explainable if you ever feel the need to. It's also a game that I have no reservations about playing on public transport - I have played SK on the bus/train before, but only if I feel 'unobserved'. There's certainly some shame involved there, I won't deny that.

Im across the board when it comes to what I play. Out of my close friends im the only person that supports competitive shooters, but not the only one that plays them in general. Ill play Call of Duty and all those, but they wont touch those ones, theyll only play something with a story like Wolfenstein.

In the opposite direction I have played Criminal Girls, Valhalla Knights, Senran Kagura all of which I picked up at the store. I dont feel embarrassed picking the games up in person. I feel more embarrassed about the fact I dont feel like people would understand why I like the games because of the mechanics in them.

Like Senran for instance, we've all said we love the artwork in the game. Thats one of the reasons why I started collecting the cards, books, and statues. Though to someone who doesnt care about games and doesnt want to care about games, like my relatives and immediate family, it becomes hard to explain when you have a half naked statue or a book that may or may not have topless / nsfw style art. To them its just "cartoons". They dont see it as an art form.

I want to be able to make a display case for all my SK and DOA stuff I have, but I feel if I do I will get judged for it and that kinda bothers me. I dont want to get judged for one of my hobbies when I dont judge others for theirs. There could be a hell of a lot of worse things I could be doing or collecting after all...

Alfebit

Banned
I'll double dip cause chances are the NA version will have different CE content like the one for Shinovi Versus Lets Get Physical edition. More oppai the better.

That's a given. I don't have the money to spend on 2 CE or even 1 CE on a game that I'll need to buy again months later to understand it.

That's a given. I don't have the money to spend on 2 CE or even 1 CE on a game that I'll need to buy again months later to understand it.

I just hope we get a better CE this time around. Not that I'm ungrateful we got what we did to begin with, I just want to see them show more support to the western market. Maybe we'll get the last five figures for the Thousand Year Festival girls than we will be essentially caught up for the next iteration. Whenever and whatever that may be.

I got into SK2 last night. Holy crap what a MASSIVE improvement over Burst. So much more going on and keeps a smooth framerate. Kinda wish there was a standard block button though.

Boobs look waaay more oiled up.

Chrom

I got into SK2 last night. Holy crap what a MASSIVE improvement over Burst. So much more going on and keeps a smooth framerate. Kinda wish there was a standard block button though.

Boobs look waaay more oiled up.

You get the memo about the latest 3DS update killing regionthree last night, yeah? Just wanted to be sure you knew about it because I don't remember seeing you acknowledge it before.

Oh yeah I saw, but I've been very cautious about it. I refused to accept any system update since I ordered the game. Thanks for the heads up either way.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Think there's any chance of the franchise coming to PC at some point? I've been wanting to give it a try but only have a ps3 and pc.

I gained a very small amount of hope when Hyperdimension U got rated for PC by ESRB since Tamsoft did it too, but it's not nearly enough to prove it could happen. Marvelous doesn't seem to have any PC publishing history and it seems that rating was more of a "just in case."

Demoskinos

Takagi often said in the past he'd like to make a SK game on PC but I doubt it'd happen before a while.

Please no.

This. Illusion games are such garbage. I like me some eroge and all but my god are most of illusion's games hot garbage.

I gained a very small amount of hope when Hyperdimension U got rated for PC by ESRB since Tamsoft did it too, but it's not nearly enough to prove it could happen. Marvelous doesn't seem to have any PC publishing history and it seems that rating was more of a "just in case."
Considering we have the Re;Birth games coming out on Steam, I'd imagine that we probably will get U as well. I haven't heard great things about U, especially in comparison to SK, but I still want to get it as I enjoy NepNep and will support them bringing it to Steam (if they do).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
As a heads up, the squishy Katsuragi is available for pre-order:

FIGURE-010582.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-010582&page=top

Just placed my order.

Top Bottom