• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

dani_dc

I blame you guys for this, particularly Sir TapTap

Lets see how it goes.

gvznQSj.jpg

f5nY6IP.jpg

SerTapTap

I'm considering getting Neptunia U since I saw that the gameplay was similar to SK and it was developed by Tamsoft. Have you tried the import version?

No. With luck I may get a review copy of the localized one, otherwise I plan to be there day one at least. It's tamsoft developed though so I assume it will be at least as good as Shinovi Versus, maybe a bit better due to learning. I'm actually quite impressed how much Estival learned from Versus' mistakes. Almost everything is better. Everything except that stupid panty lottery, wastin' my time, mumble grumble...

SerTapTap

Are all the Bon Appetit stories...terrible? I started with a few of my favs and I've disliked all of them so far. Ryona's is just too weird/gross/whatever and I always love Ryona. Miyabi's bifauxnen thing is terrible, someone who understands please tell me Estival Versus finally cut that stuff out, it doesn't work. You can't be all "everyone thinks I'm a boy" with boobs the size of your head.

What stories if any should I try? Picking my favorites seems like a recipe for disappointment if they're mostly bad. Feels like they went too far on the side of silly and they didn't even really come out that funny--mostly only Hanzo's reactions have been funny so far (I expected to hate Hanzo as I always do, so that was surprising).

I assume Katsu's is hard to mess up at least? Maybe I'll play hers next.

ShinMaruku

Boobs the size of your head.. You made my day XD. Hopefully they moved on from some of the stupid stuff and add better development.

SerTapTap

Boobs the size of your head.. You made my day XD. Hopefully they moved on from some of the stupid stuff and add better development.

I've heard oddly good things about the story in Estival (it seems like random silliness from what I can get, aside from the start, but it's not like I can understand it). Versus seems like it had the most backstory though. It just wasn't very consistent and the present-day stuff was way worse than the backstory.

Demoskinos

Are all the Bon Appetit stories...terrible? I started with a few of my favs and I've disliked all of them so far. Ryona's is just too weird/gross/whatever and I always love Ryona. Miyabi's bifauxnen thing is terrible, someone who understands please tell me Estival Versus finally cut that stuff out, it doesn't work. You can't be all "everyone thinks I'm a boy" with boobs the size of your head.

What stories if any should I try? Picking my favorites seems like a recipe for disappointment if they're mostly bad. Feels like they went too far on the side of silly and they didn't even really come out that funny--mostly only Hanzo's reactions have been funny so far (I expected to hate Hanzo as I always do, so that was surprising).

I assume Katsu's is hard to mess up at least? Maybe I'll play hers next.

I dunno I've liked pretty much all of them. I just don't think about or take them seriously at all. Also what happened to being done with the handheld games. :p

SerTapTap

I dunno I've liked pretty much all of them. I just don't think about or take them seriously at all. Also what happened to being done with the handheld games. :p

I bought this before Estival, probably shouldn't have. I don't really do rhythm games. Have only completed two stories and not sure I'll play any more.

SerTapTap

Cancel my last on Neptunia U, I was thinking the PS4 game. I already have Neptunia U on preorder.

We will get Neptunia Victory 2, barring the sudden immediate closure of Compile Heart and Idea Factory International. There's no reason to worry. ...even if that happened someone would surely buy the IP and NISA would probably end up localizing it again.

Are we really doing this right now? Were on this level of Waifuism? And I wasnt invited? Shame on all of you for neglecting me.

Edit:

DigitalHitmann
(Today, 01:55 PM)

:eek: 'ello, 'ello, 'ello.

Josephl64

Ikaruga is probably the girl that would be most accepted by my parents if I were to bring her home

(also sorry I've been away, had a con to go to)

SerTapTap

Ryona. Go big or go home.

Is there any music service capable of reading in the Senran Kagura OST CDs with ENGLISH titles? iTunes won't rip them at all (just creates empty files), Windows Media Player imports them with Japanese titles. I'm not good at this stuff, I only rip the odd game soundtrack OST usually in English. I don't know why iTunes decided to stop working either.

They don't even know the difference between a brawler and a visual novel .
Saying that Sk has sexual content that is part of the gameplay is just so false and wrong .

I agree with the sentiment, but the series literally has combat mechanics that directly correlate with stripping characters of most (and sometimes all) of their clothing.

Top Bottom