• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Vylash

I agree with the sentiment, but the series literally has combat mechanics that directly correlate with stripping characters of most (and sometimes all) of their clothing.

yeah, i get it and it doesn't really bother me

what does bother me is them calling it a visual novel...not sure why that is

Maid

Banned
They don't even know the difference between a brawler and a visual novel .
Saying that Sk has sexual content that is part of the gameplay is just so false and wrong .

It's Twitch.

metal-gear-solid-twitch_025702CE00551552.jpg

All that SK hate.

I agree with the sentiment, but the series literally has combat mechanics that directly correlate with stripping characters of most (and sometimes all) of their clothing.

And GTA literally has you having sex in a 1st person mode and lap dances but that's ok. It's best not to get in a fuss about stuff like this because no matter what these games will be looked down upon.

Something that doesn't stay on screen for more than 3 sec, is censored and can be skipped ?
It's technically not done sexually though.
And GTA literally has you having sex in a 1st person mode and lap dances but that's ok. It's best not to get in a fuss about stuff like this because no matter what these games will be looked down upon.

I should clarify that my stance is that it shouldn't be banned because all of this can be solved with simple age filters like YouTube does. I'm just saying that it's silly to act like Senran Kagura is devoid of that type of content when it's the main point of the whole series.

yeah, i get it and it doesn't really bother me

what does bother me is them calling it a visual novel...not sure why that it

Yeah, it's really stupid. There's a visual novel component to these games, but it's definitely not the defining genre.

Demoskinos

I should clarify that my stance is that it shouldn't be banned because all of this can be solved with simple age filters like YouTube does. I'm just saying that it's silly to act like Senran Kagura is devoid of that type of content when it's the main point of the whole series.

Yeah, it's really stupid. There's a visual novel component to these games, but it's definitely not the defining genre.

Its not the main thing. Its an appeal obviously but its no more of a focus than Dead or Alive or other various games with scantily clad women. Its just twitch cherry picking and being a bunch of assholes.

Its not the main thing. Its an appeal obviously but its no more of a focus than Dead or Alive or other various games with scantily clad women. Its just twitch cherry picking and being a bunch of assholes.

Completely agree about Twitch cherry picking. It's frustrating the kind of easy negative attention things like this get. SK has a lot of good things going for it, but the sexual appeal is very much the focus especially with threads like this full of fans talking a lot about life, hometown, and oppai. There are many things to like about the series, but we shouldn't be downplaying what it is. It should be more celebratory. This shouldn't be arguing about what it isn't, it should be more about accepting what it is and that everything it is is still not violating Twitch TOS especially when they have side rules made specifically to accept much "worse" in fringe cases.

Maid

Banned
Well, not like arguing about it will change anything. The best thing we could do is exposing Twitch's stupidity and that's it.

Being a female body admirer, I really feel insulted when they forbid SK while allowed crude shit like GTA. I know the latter is much more popular and they don't dare to ban it, but that's still shitty to me.

Vylash

Well, not like arguing about it will change anything. The best thing we could do is exposing Twitch's stupidity and that's it.

Being a female body admirer, I really feel insulted when they forbid SK while allowed crude shit like GTA. I know the latter is much more popular and they don't dare to ban it, but that's still shitty to me.

JDBgpb5.gif

SerTapTap

Twitch is shit. I really hope Hitbox gains traction.

Yeah, this all makes me wonder how Youtube will handle this stuff if they really refocus into gaming. Twitch is too weird sometimes, not to mention all their other problems. IMO if a game is rated under AO if should be good to go. It's crazy biased to allow God of War and GTA on but not SK, not that I want to see those taken down either.

Demoskinos

And next week I guarantee you they are going to be promoting MKX streams which feature incredibly incredibly gory shit. To the point where I'm actually shocked netherealm actually got some of that stuff to actually pass and yet... totally okay!

A little bit of cheeky fanservice in SK and that shit is ban worthy son. As already been stated though in the end its not worth shouting about too much. This is a niche game and will continue to be looked down upon. Still, its frustrating but eh...what can you do. At least YouTube should be fine for uploading stuff. Looking forward to seeing if twitch notices Oneechanbara Chaos Z when it gets released this summer.

I'll be streaming them bananas and strawberries.

Maid

Banned
And next week I guarantee you they are going to be promoting MKX streams which feature incredibly incredibly gory shit. To the point where I'm actually shocked netherealm actually got some of that stuff to actually pass and yet... totally okay!

I don't know why people like that shit. One look and I don't even feel like eating for a while.

Uraizen

Banned

They've already been doing that weekly and this one in particular has some pretty nasty ones.

SerTapTap

Looks like that upcoming artbook by Udon went down by $5 on Amazon, maybe it'll get cheaper before it releases. May as well put in a pre-order for the hell of it.

Game related books on Amazon seem to always dip in price before release, I don't get it. My Majora's Mask CE guide did that too and I think at least one other. Glad Amazon matches the lowest price since you preordered. Might preorder this but was looking at some other, cheaper (I think) books on ebay, is there any overlap between this one and prior art books/visual guides?

Game related books on Amazon seem to always dip in price before release, I don't get it. My Majora's Mask CE guide did that too and I think at least one other. Glad Amazon matches the lowest price since you preordered. Might preorder this but was looking at some other, cheaper (I think) books on ebay, is there any overlap between this one and prior art books/visual guides?

See my post above, it looks like a translation of the book that came out last year. It is a amazing artbook though and covers most of the games in the series. I might rebuy just to be able to read it instead of looking at the glorious art...not like there is anything wrong with that :eek:

I honestly think E3 is way more enjoyable as a passive viewer via web streams and shit. No desire to be in a massive crowd full of sweaty people in the dead of summer.

Youve never gone as media have you? Media is WAY more enjoyable than exhibitor or attendee.

( But yes, the A/C didnt work last year in the building and I thought I was going to get dehydrated. Still was awesome. )

What's E3?

Cant tell if sarcasm or not, but ill bite.

www.e3expo.com

Its like Europe's GAMESCOM.

Demoskinos

Youve never gone as media have you? Media is WAY more enjoyable than exhibitor or attendee.

( But yes, the A/C didnt work last year in the building and I thought I was going to get dehydrated. Still was awesome

Nope. Have never gone. If it was a work thing then It might be cool just for a change of scenery and pace at work. But seeing as I just run tumblr blog on the side for fun. I'd rather just stay away. Also apologies if that post sounded overly aggressive or anything. Don't mean to kill your hype. :)

Nope. Have never gone. If it was a work thing then It might be cool just for a change of scenery and pace at work. But seeing as I just run tumblr blog on the side for fun. I'd rather just stay away. Also apologies if that post sounded overly aggressive or anything. Don't mean to kill your hype. :)

No, its fine. All of my friends who have gone have said the same thing, "Its fun to go once, but after the first time its the same thing." They all went as exhibitors or attendees though, not media.

If you go as media its a whole different experience. You get to go into all the PR lounges and get 1 on 1 interviews and stuff. I got to play Rainbow Six last year before anyone else did from the Alpha or Beta this year which was pretty sweet. It was also great to sit one on one with dev teams and hear their side of the story. The catering and swag aint bad either. : P

My favorite swag from last year was probably the Visceral dev team shirt I got. Underarmor. They went all out. (wish it was a polo though)

Eolz

Some "cosplay" goodness with two of your favorite girls:

(never seen it before, wanted to post it)

Huh...it has the same cover as the one I bought last year. Is it a reprint?

Yea..look at this, seems like a translation...MIGHT bite but I have this already

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1636858

I HIGHLY recommend that book by the way.

Same number of pages in the end, guess it's just a translation yeah...
There's no Bon Appetit stuff in this book right?

Demoskinos

Speaking of Bon Appetite. Just got done with Ryona's story which was super weird but man her interaction with Minori before and after the battle had me in stitches. Minori just straight up tells her "Ryona you're creepy" "I shouldn't be around you." xD

SerTapTap

Speaking of Bon Appetite. Just got done with Ryona's story which was super weird but man her interaction with Minori before and after the battle had me in stitches. Minori just straight up tells her "Ryona you're creepy" "I shouldn't be around you." xD

I hated that story but "Ryona you're creepy" "Oh!! Say it again!" is great

Some "cosplay" goodness with two of your favorite girls:

(never seen it before, wanted to post it)

Same number of pages in the end, guess it's just a translation yeah...
There's no Bon Appetit stuff in this book right?

I need to double check but I think it does.

At first I was thinking how cheap the Japanese version is, but then I remembered shipping costs a ton. Oh well.

Ya I would just hold out for the translation. CDJapan at least will end up at the same cost lol..they don't play around with shipping

SerTapTap

I've been wondering, how does Katsuragi's underwear after transforming work?

Double sided tape? They've shown it at least in the Versus games, it's a wrap-around bra that magically ends at the exact edge of her open shirt. There's also several pasties that disappear magically when a costume is fully intact (Estival's transformation makes this extremely apparent )

What makes it good? Is it OVA "good" or just artsy fartsy good?

How are you such a big fan of SK and don't have this artbook!?!

How dare you Digital...

On a serious note, it is a huge artbook (as far as usual artbook size from Japan) it has art from every SK game. PLEASE buy it. You will not regret it, the Japanese version is beautiful. Great cover and just FULL of awesome art from the series.

How are you such a big fan of SK and don't have this artbook!?!

How dare you Digital...

On a serious note, it is a huge artbook (as far as usual artbook size from Japan) it has art from every SK game. PLEASE buy it. You will not regret it, the Japanese version is beautiful. Great cover and just FULL of awesome art from the series.
image.php

Eolz

If you are recommending then I may have to bite...

Do it! You will not regret it at all. It's so so SO good.

What makes it good? Is it OVA "good" or just artsy fartsy good?

If I remember well, it's the compilation if the art sections of all the guide books (apart from SK2?) and then some, like some NW cards, right?
Extremely worth it if that's the case and you like SK's artstyle really.
You've probably already seen most of those pics elsewhere, but it's just not the same on good quality paper.

My rule is if the official art is better than most of the fanart, the artbook is worth it. This is the case and by far.

Edit: now that it will be translated, wait for this version obviously, unless you have some better deals.

Top Bottom