• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Vylash

I've been seeing that Hestia girl a lot today.

get used to it, friend

%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20DanMachi%20-%2001%20%5B720p%5D.mkv_snapshot_07.51_%5B2015.04.09_00.16.08%5D.jpg

So it sounds like the OVA Blu-ray might be packed with a DLC code for Estival versus among other stuff? O.O

http://senran.tv/products/ova.html

It's a bit hard to tell using Chrome's translating, but it may also be saying that you get the same download code for the OVA that was available with the game so that you can watch it on there. If it actually came with a full game code I'd totally get it even if just for that. Is there anyone in the thread that can read Japanese to confirm that? I noticed that the Amazon Japan page said "the items that can be used respectively PlayStation4 and PlayStation Vita can get "閃乱Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS" limited to inclusion! the product code [first production privilege]"

Demoskinos

It's a bit hard to tell using Chrome's translating, but it may also be saying that you get the same download code for the OVA that was available with the game so that you can watch it on there. If it actually came with a full game code I'd totally get it even if just for that. Is there anyone in the thread that can read Japanese to confirm that? I noticed that the Amazon Japan page said "the items that can be used respectively PlayStation4 and PlayStation Vita can get "閃乱Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS" limited to inclusion! the product code [first production privilege]"

Near the bottom it says
"PS4 / PS Vita "閃乱Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of choice -" game items product code"

I'm assuming "Game Items" means some sort of exclusive DLC. I could be horribly wrong because again just going off of a shitty google translate but it seems to hint at DLC.

Near the bottom it says
"PS4 / PS Vita "閃乱Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of choice -" game items product code"

I'm assuming "Game Items" means some sort of exclusive DLC. I could be horribly wrong because again just going off of a shitty google translate but it seems to hint at DLC.

That would definitely make more sense than including the whole game so close to release. I guess we'll know once it releases :p

Ahaha haruka, katsuragi and ryona in estival versus are one in a kind characters and they made them interract with each other !!

There are no words.

Alfebit

Banned
Ahaha haruka, katsuragi and ryona in estival versus are one in a kind characters and they made them interract with each other !!

There are no words.

Haruka and Ryona's interactions in SV were almost too much for me and now they're throwing Katsuragi into the mix? Lawd.

There are no words.

Haruka and Ryona's interactions in SV were almost too much for me and now they're throwing Katsuragi into the mix? Lawd.

Guys keep that shit in the OT. I'm sitting over here in this thread to avoid being super Jealous.

SerTapTap

Im intrigued enough hearing people talk about SK2 that I'm tempted to buy a New 3DS so I can play the DS Senran games.

I've played the game and I'm still puzzled by the love for it. I guess I either need to actually be able to read it or play more. It's far and away better than Burst but still doesn't feel good to play. The bosses feel oddly like brick walls too, never had a difficulty problem on normal in an SK game before, and it's not really a good thing since dying sets you back the full level. The larger levels are neat...until you have to play it again. The fixed camera is also terrible in several levels.

Demoskinos

I've played the game and I'm still puzzled by the love for it. I guess I either need to actually be able to read it or play more. It's far and away better than Burst but still doesn't feel good to play. The bosses feel oddly like brick walls too, never had a difficulty problem on normal in an SK game before, and it's not really a good thing since dying sets you back the full level. The larger levels are neat...until you have to play it again. The fixed camera is also terrible in several levels.

The impression I got from people on the senran-international boards was that it was way more of a tactical game. Which could be why it seems so polarizing.

bobohoro

This might sound weird, but if SK Burst was 60fps it would be my favourite by far. Loved the old school brawler style.

Absolutely. It's way more fun than Versus despite all of the jank.

Not weird at all, I'm with you two in that regard. I would have loved it even more if it went further 2D and would discard the 3D movement in favour of planes or a single plane with more hectic and in-depth fighting mechanics. Despite being a lesser game, Burst was all around more fun and entertaining for me.

That's also why I'm way more interested in SK2 than I am in Estival Versus.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My guess is A.) The Dressing Room with certain costumes & actions, & B.) The Photo Mode with certain costumes & poses.

If you stick with the story for the most part or just not do the touchy-feely parts of the dressing room, you should be alright.

SerTapTap

Cool Twitch seems more reasonable about streaming...but I still can't even upload to Twitter from PS4 so it's not like it means anything to most fans. I guess it'll be fixed in a patch?

No that costs money.

It's really damn fun even without the story. Though I probably wouldn't have imported if it weren't the only way to get the figures. Doubt xseed will ever get those unless the series starts selling several times more in the west and mostly physical.

This might sound weird, but if SK Burst was 60fps it would be my favourite by far. Loved the old school brawler style.

Brawlers are fine, but there are quite a few other straight-2D brawlers. SK would be super boring IMO if it stuck to that route. There's already so many good games in that ilk, even a handful of recent ones. And beating up the same 3 types of normal enemy ad nauseum....purely by mashing normal attack, then chase...over and over...and over...I really don't get how you guys enjoyed that. I usually love 2D brawlers but SK1 was one of the most boring and repetitive in the genre...and that's a pretty major accomplishment.

Alfebit

Banned
It's really damn fun even without the story. Though I probably wouldn't have imported if it weren't the only way to get the figures. Doubt xseed will ever get those unless the series starts selling several times more in the west and mostly physical.

Yeah, I don't really care for the figures so if I wanted to import it I'd buy just the base game and at that point I'd rather just wait. No point in dropping more money that I barely have on something I'll have to pick up a second time.

Puruzi

Banned
I would like Gessen, but it has Tue absolute worst character in it. Shame because Yoza and Shiki are great, and Minori and Murakumo are decent.

MetalDeer

If "Gessen" only includes Yozakura, then yes, you are correct.

Eh, but really, I don't know what it is, but some of their interactions with the other schools is really grating to me. Maybe I'm just forgetting how the other schools are, but Gessen are particularly bad with the whole showing up and acting ignorant thing.

Like, I can deal with the whole egotistical villain persona, hell, I even like those kind of characters sometimes, but this is on a different level.

Puruzi

Banned
If "Gessen" only includes Yozakura, then yes, you are correct.

Eh, but really, I don't know what it is, but some of their interactions with the other schools is really grating to me. Maybe I'm just forgetting how the other schools are, but Gessen are particularly bad with the whole showing up and acting ignorant thing.

Only Gessen is like that, Hebijo just wants to fuck shit up, Hanzo doesn't do shit, and Homura Crimson Squad wants to help Asuka Hanzo.

Top Bottom