• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Eolz

I swear Homura should be higher.
Still, despite the problems, the results are alright. Hope they do a better poll next time.

Alfebit

Banned
Hopefully they take it a step further and include the girls themselves in future SK games.

While I really love some of the New Wave girls, I think it'd be best if they put them in a spin off without the current SK crew. Let them have their own game to shine instead of trying to fit another 50 girls on top of the 25 that are already there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd totally take a game where it was a spin-off consisting of just the New Wave exclusive girls in a game similar to SV/EV.

Then MAYBE a cameo mission involving the main SK girls, or unlockable outfits.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/i-played-senran-kagura-2-in-public-and-didnt-get-arrested

Read this impression of the game and I thought to myself "So you want it to be Dynasty warriors except with just girls?" or "I like the fighting just get rid of the tits and ass."

These lines take the cake though:

It's like having an otherwise interesting discussion with someone who can't help but work his sexual fetishes into the conversation at any opportunity. I get it, boobs are great! I like them, too! But maybe not quite so obsessively?

It wouldn't take much to make future Senran Kagura games an easier sell to a general audience — there's no need for censorship or even a change to the cast's exaggerated designs, just the inclusion of a few additional player options. Deep Crimson includes toggles for its more extreme fanservice elements, and it's not like offering a switch to mute the jiggle physics and clothes destruction would be a compromise of some deep creative vision — it would simply make the series more palatable to a wider audience.

When you think about what Takaki has said about the games and the girls, these lines sound absurd.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/i-played-senran-kagura-2-in-public-and-didnt-get-arrested

Read this impression of the game and I thought to myself "So you want it to be Dynasty warriors except with just girls?" or "I like the fighting just get rid of the tits and ass."

These lines take the cake though:

When you think about what Takaki has said about the games and the girls, these lines sound absurd.

Guy certainly has some hung ups about the fanservice but the simple fact he bothered to play the game and try to be objective about it puts him MILES ahead of the Vice guy or Jim Sterling. Plus, he's being reasonable about the whole thing and while I can't not fully agree with him, he raises some valid points and I respect that

Eolz

Yeah, the Jim Sterling review is pretty shitty too. Especially since he claims he likes Onechanbara.
2 lines on the gameplay, the rest on "omg the game only show boobs!". 3/10.
Disappointing coming from him.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah, the Jim Sterling review is pretty shitty too. Especially since he claims he likes Onechanbara.
2 lines on the gameplay, the rest on "omg the game only show boobs!". 3/10.
Disappointing coming from him.

Really surprised by his review. SK2 is way better than Oneechanbara. SK in general is like a much better version of that series.

black_clavus

Neo Member
The SK2 OT seems empty, so I post here instead. I hope it's okay.
I got my SK2 copy yesterday, this game is so much better compare to the first one, really loved it!

Kat still my bae

Kat still my bae

My man!

DJpy8Zp.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I GUEEESSS I can ask this here, as the game was made by the same people who did SK SV & EV, but Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed is on sale for $12 on PSN for the weekend. Considering I liked Shinovi Versus & this is suppose to be similar gameplay-wise, despite not playing a previous Neptunia game before (hard to get into RPGs now with college & a job), would anyone recommend HNU for that price?

So I GUEEESSS I can ask this here, as the game was made by the same people who did SK SV & EV, but Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed is on sale for $12 on PSN for the weekend. Considering I liked Shinovi Versus & this is suppose to be similar gameplay-wise, despite not playing a previous Neptunia game before (hard to get into RPGs now with college & a job), would anyone recommend HNU for that price?

For that price I think is worth it but there's some stuff you need to know.

Neptunia U is pretty barebones from a content perspective, there aren't boss battles and characters have a small skillset. However, it handles really good and quite frankly, I enjoyed it more than Versus. The biggest draw that game has is the interactions between the characters so you might miss some stuf if this is your first Neptunia.

I got this piece from a comic artist today, what do you think guys?

qdgpeRF.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For that price I think is worth it but there's some stuff you need to know.

Neptunia U is pretty barebones from a content perspective, there aren't boss battles and characters have a small skillset. However, it handles really good and quite frankly, I enjoyed it more than Versus. The biggest draw that game has is the interactions between the characters so you might miss some stuf if this is your first Neptunia.

I got this piece from a comic artist today, what do you think guys?
Hmmm, alright. It's harder for me to get into RPGs now considering college & lately with a 3rd shift job. I bought Victory (which is the 3rd one?) when it was on sale, but never got around to it. Just hard to figure out how the hell to get into the series, and figured the action spin-off might be a good way to see if I can handle the characters, humor, & such.

Not sure who the guy is, but Daidouji looks great!

.......actually, I noticed they changed it to "Daidoji" in SK2. Wasn't she Daidouji in Burst & SV??

Some news about Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid

-There's a manga one shot with art by Zunta. Great art, fanservice by the metric ton.

- The first two episodes were screened today on Japan at a special event with the anime VAs, with any luck we'll see some impressions soon.

- Have a look at the 1/7 scale figures of Mirei and Mamori

sEZWO00.jpg

c7sKImX.jpg

OSnEIUK.jpg

You get them separately or in a set. I'm getting Mirei's since is the closest thing to a Dai figure :(

Dengekiya also has a exclusive bonus for the set. A mini shikishi (whatever the hell is that) made by Mermaid's character designer Hiraku Kaneko and signed by both Mirei and Mamori's VAs

Some news about Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid

-There's a manga one shot with art by Zunta. Great art, fanservice by the metric ton.

- The first two episodes were screened today on Japan at a special event with the anime VAs, with any luck we'll see some impressions soon.

- Have a look at the 1/7 scale figures of Mirei and Mamori

sEZWO00.jpg

c7sKImX.jpg

OSnEIUK.jpg

You get them separately or in a set. I'm getting Mirei's since is the closest thing to a Dai figure :(

Dengekiya also has a exclusive bonus for the set. A mini shikishi (whatever the hell is that) made by Mermaid's character designer Hiraku Kaneko and signed by both Mirei and Mamori's VAs

I really like the figs ... i just wanna know if i'm going to like the anime before buying

At least i know i'll get the game :)

I'm getting Mirei's since is the closest thing to a Dai figure :(
She looks like Daidoji started taking dressing tips from Katsuragi. Still waiting to see gameplay of the Vita game but each time I see the anime cast the more I wish the game was about them with the 3D models looking more like the anime and less like Senran Kagura characters.

I really want both but they are incredibly over priced. I'll still probably get Mirei's. Also the Mirei one is cast off.

Edit: actually just noticed she is 18k and exclusive. That is about 6k too much for me to get her.

Top Bottom