• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

ShinMaruku

SKEV_Fami-shot_10-02-14_005.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i bought the first game on 3DS and was disappointed because she wasn't there
i looked to some of her gameplay and i loved how she play

Yumi not available in 3DS games, so the 3DS games not that good

Yomi is in both of those games. Who cares about some filler trash character from the spinoffs?

L.O.R.D

just played a bit from SK2 on my 3DS
much improvements from the first game , and it feels like its 60 FPS, wow
but still , still feels like its not full 3D game like SV
SV is running on 30 FPS ?
how about EV on PS4 ? is it 60 FPS ?

Isotope

Estival Versus is indeed 60 FPS on PS4. There are some framedrops here and there, but it is 60 for the most part.

L.O.R.D

Estival Versus is indeed 60 FPS on PS4. There are some framedrops here and there, but it is 60 for the most part.
too bad i can't play ( or even think to play it on PS4 , just imagine someone walk in when playing the game gives all wrong ideas )
what about SK2 on 3DS ? is it really 60 FPS ?
is it because the devs know who to make games in 3DS better the the vita?

Bhikkhuni has gotten a manga serialization on Famitsu

ct.webcomic-eb.com/viewer/EB/inu_001/barukirido_002/0001-0/index.html

I hope someone scanlates it because DAMN

pHMUlec.jpg

flohen95

That's what I like about the 3DS games. I mean, it's still technically full 3D, but the camera perspective and angle makes it more akin to old arcade brawlers. Just feels better to me.
Also, I feel like the writing/story is a step above Shinovi Versus (moreso in Burst than in 2), and given what I know about Estival Versus I doubt it's gonna be different there. I'm excited to find out, though.

On another note, the last DLC for SK2 came out today, so I've finished the game now. Though I suspect I'll try to get all A ranks again later on, like I did in Burst. I have 90 hours of playtime on that, and SK2 is only at 30 so far, so there should still be plenty of time to extract from it. :p

ShinMaruku

Yumi is a princess unlike Yomi. Hell the only other princesses you guy's don't even rally behind so you have no real competion for Yumi, the Yuki-onna. :p

Yomi is in both of those games. Who cares about some filler trash character from the spinoffs?

In a franchise whose main appeal is the characters , you think all characters are not equal ? Popularity is a thing, you'll see ! Because sell figures are more important

Bhikkhuni has gotten a manga serialization on Famitsu

ct.webcomic-eb.com/viewer/EB/inu_001/barukirido_002/0001-0/index.html

I hope someone scanlates it because DAMN

pHMUlec.jpg
Awesome! Although I prefer the look of the anime cast I really like how the twins and the blonde with the gun looks. And if its anything like the preview you posted of the other manga on the Senran Kagura site we're in for a treat :).

Takaki talks about his future

真影の頃より強く危惧していたCS業界の縮小。
Consumer market has shrunken to a frightening level compared to when Shinei (the first game of Senran Kagura) released.

自分が戦っている5-10万本のフィールドで出来ることはまだまだあると
I've fought to produce games that sell well and it appears that numbers like 50 to 100k are still possible,

信じて進めてきた「閃乱カグラ」「VALKYRIE DRIVE」「IA/VT」。
so I was able to belief in the market and move forward with "Senran Kagura", "Valkyrie Drive" and "IA/VT".

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/...613830880821248

売れない事を業界のせいにして簡単に片づけるなんて
Attribute poor sales to the poor market condition is an easy way out,

企画者として恥ずかしいですし、逆にチャンスが溢れてる。
but as a producer/planner that's pretty embarrasing. Instead, I see an abundance of opportunities.

だからこそこの数年踏ん張り続けて実現したもう1本のオリジナルタイトルを今月発表します。
To show for that, as a result of our work/persistence over the past few years, another original title will be announced this month.

きっと想像つかないゲームな・・・はず!
It will be a game out of your imagination... definitely!

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/...614871160471552

Eolz

Edit: Ikaruga is #2 in my personal list.

too bad i can't play ( or even think to play it on PS4 , just imagine someone walk in when playing the game gives all wrong ideas )
what about SK2 on 3DS ? is it really 60 FPS ?
is it because the devs know who to make games in 3DS better the the vita?

SK2 feels higher than 30 that's for sure, and might actually be at 60 without 3D when there's not too many enemies. Frequent drops (45?) with 3D on though. For some reason, the save/dialogue room has a pretty low framerate too.
I just think it's because they chose another focus and used a new engine. The first 3DS game has horrible framerate, and they focused on PS4 for the second Versus game.

Takaki talks about his future

Nooo. Is he implying that SK is really over for now and still making another original game after VD? Or does he mean another original title in the SK series?
HE might wait to see how NX goes before working on a new SK tbh

Top Bottom