• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

ShinMaruku

Well, that is retarded. Why limit the exposure your brand new IP could get with more retailers stocking its merch?

They can increase the demand while using less resources. There is a logic to it as wonky as it seems. Probably too due to the price and the amount of people who buy the merch it could be cost effective. We don't have their metrics so who knows.

Kalamoj

Hi all. I'd like to try out some Senran Kagura goodness on my Vita.
Should I buy SV or wait for EV? Is there any meaningful difference between them?

ShinMaruku

EV is basically just an expansion and iteration on the systems in Shinovi, from how the combat flows I would say you can wait on EV since it will run better and the new mechanics is pretty awesome and the new modes make it really rich.

Eolz

I honestly think both should continue to exist, at least to keep track of important news and be still alive for newcomers.

So I finally opened my SK2 CE... Looks like I got #1.

Rs8CEy6.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Should I buy SV or wait for EV? Is there any meaningful difference between them?

The stories are different in both games, so it's worth playng SV. SV also runs much better than EV does. EV is better on PS4. It's not terrible on Vita, but PS4 is recommended if you have both.

ShinMaruku

So who here is game for setting up a Senran Community on PS4 with the community function? That way we can all jump in and try our hands at the batshit insane tower defense mode that game has.

Alfebit

Banned

I'd say start with SV.

So I finally opened my SK2 CE... Looks like I got #1.

Nice! Very fitting.

So who here is game for setting up a Senran Community on PS4 with the community function? That way we can all jump in and try our hands at the batshit insane tower defense mode that game has.

I'm down. More people to play the multiplayer with the better.

Anyone know if you can be a member of multiple groups at the same time? Cause I was going to make one for my affiliates program with employees and partners.

What exclusive means is that it won't be showing up on AmiAmi or other sites at a discounted price.

Just to clarify, does that mean it will be available on sites like Ami, just not at the discounted price?

I usually use Ami first and Playasia as a second option so I just want to make sure that's possible.

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid Tv spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=23&v=X5Hxr7yjHJQ

Also heads up, the uncensored version of the series is pretty much hentai.

I'm glad they seem to be going all out with this franchise, as it allows them to push the boundaries with this IP while retaining what makes SK so cool instead of flooding it with too much fan service.

Not that it's inherently bad to do so, but I think SK strikes a really effective balance with its fan service and it seems ideal to me that they now have a separate IP to go as crazy with it as they want.

Also, is there any specific site to stay up to date with Valkyrie Drive news?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hipster DLC for SK2 (aka the shmup DLC) is now available, a whopping 3,888 blocks. DLC for this game has been rather big....& takes quite some time to download.

Just to clarify, does that mean it will be available on sites like Ami, just not at the discounted price?

I usually use Ami first and Playasia as a second option so I just want to make surely

It won't be on Ami. It is on Big in Japan and Nippon-Yasan I belive. It means it's supposed to sell exclusively through their website. But NY and BiJ wI'll get exclusives to sell. I don't really know the specifics though.

Is there a comparison between the censored an uncensored version? Like how bad we talking here... Like Queens Blade, or like straight up vah-jay-jay and knockers everywhere?

OK sending out invites to the Senran Group on PSN. :)
Now this is a group I wanna join!

PSN: Serenade_King

Is anyone even exited for the Ikkitousen characters? I remember seeing the first series and not liking it. The three DLC spaces would have been better used by Nyotengu (DOA), Kagura (Onechanbara) and Mirei (Valkyrie Drive, would have helped promote the franchise) but I guess I can only dream :(.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is anyone even exited for the Ikkitousen characters? I remember seeing the first series and not liking it. The three DLC spaces would have been better used by Nyotengu (DOA), Kagura (Onechanbara) and Mirei (Valkyrie Drive, would have helped promote the franchise) but I guess I can only dream :(.

I am. Not a huge fan of the show, but I like the designs. Kanu especially.

ShinMaruku

Okies, got the list just waiting for this glitch on my end to clear so I can send out invites. We should also use the calendar to set up little events in game, like say laucnh day or other things like DLC release events and what not.

Okies, got the list just waiting for this glitch on my end to clear so I can send out invites. We should also use the calendar to set up little events in game, like say laucnh day or other things like DLC release events and what not.
You can do that!? Really liking update 3.0 then and should be really useful once Estival Versus releases.
I should stop being lazy and read all the things update 3.0 can do >_>

Alfebit

Banned
OK sending out invites to the Senran Group on PSN. :)

My PSN is the same as my GAF name.

I'm looking forward to them. Like GuardianE said, I like their designs.

L.O.R.D

after the disappointment with the last plus offer , i decide to pull the trigger

CQLAV40UcAA50JM.jpg

man , i sony decide to put this game on flash sale i will cry

any important DLC should i pick ?
or they all just costumes ?

is there an ALL in One DLC that include all the DLCs ?

Alfebit

Banned
after the disappointment with the last plus offer , i decide to pull the trigger
man , i sony decide to put this game on flash sale i will cry

any important DLC should i pick ?
or they all just costumes ?

is there an ALL in One DLC that include all the DLCs ?

Congrats, you've made a good purchase. I believe all the DLC is costumes except for 2 extra characters. I don't think there's an All in One pack, sorry.

Eolz

2 short stories yeah, the same from their own perspective I think. edit: it's nothing important btw, so you can get it later.
And noooo, not Yumi! :p

Top Bottom