• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

jrcbandit

Was thinking of picking this up for the PS4. The FAQ mentions that you should play the previous games first but is that really necessary? I do have Burst on the 3DS I can play first, but I don't have the Vita game. There are mixed reviews on the 3DS version's gameplay - should I just watch the anime and skip to the PS4 game? I'm in the middle of playing Phoenix Wright games on the 3DS and Burst was really low priority in my back log, lol.

Demoskinos

Was thinking of picking this up for the PS4. The FAQ mentions that you should play the previous games first but is that really necessary? I do have Burst on the 3DS I can play first, but I don't have the Vita game. There are mixed reviews on the 3DS version's gameplay - should I just watch the anime and skip to the PS4 game? I'm in the middle of playing Phoenix Wright games on the 3DS and Burst was really low priority in my back log, lol.

Not 100% needed. It helps as there are callbacks to characters and plot points from Shinovi Versus but its not entirely essential.

Eolz

Burst has a lot of framerate problems and is the weakest in terms of gameplay, but probably has the best story.
As said before, you can actually just read about characters/relationships/story on a wiki before starting.
Burst is just the hardest to come back to later if you decide to do so.

Christ, how to pick who to play as? So many different styles.

So far I'm partial to Homura, Ikaruga, Rin, and Taiko drum girl. But haven't even tried half of them out yet....

Takeru

Sorry for low quality:
Code:
[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/05d5e0c89f8ea8b5315bbf403d5cb9a0.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/2f803b3464517088f8b110d9b6130767.png[/IMG]

Like I said, I got the Vita version digitally. Might have to get it physically in the future.

Sillution

So I am going to be picking this up tomorrow, should I keep the first Senran on vita if I never played it and am just going to be jumping into this on PS4? Or should I trade it in towards this?

The combat in this game looks pretty awesome (beat-em-ups used to be my fave genre) but it looks a bit pervy from some of the special moves I've seen (no idea why they change clothes etc), is there much of this stuff in the game? Hopefully it's just restricted to a few key story moments.

Is it getting a physical release in Australia and if so what date? I don't mind trying it out if it comes out before Dark Souls 3.

Nyoro SF

The combat in this game looks pretty awesome (beat-em-ups used to be my fave genre) but it looks a bit pervy from some of the special moves I've seen (no idea why they change clothes etc), is there much of this stuff in the game? Hopefully it's just restricted to a few key story moments.

Is it getting a physical release in Australia and if so what date? I don't mind trying it out if it comes out before Dark Souls 3.

This game's theme is sexiness. Ripping off clothes is the substitute for "damaging enemies", and "changing clothes" is how you power up. So if you get queasy over sexual content you might be in a spot of trouble.

That being said, the game is extremely goofy in its presentation, to the point where I'm usually just laughing at most of what I see, so... your mileage may vary depending on how open minded you are, I suppose.

I dunno about Australia though, sorry.

Hansel

Banned
I got the Hebijo cards but I REALLY wanted the Hanzo cards. Anyone wanna trade? Still haven't opened them.

PM if interested

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

It's super perverted. If that bothers you, don't play this.

Risette

A Good Citizen

No way. This is probably the perviest game on consoles.

It's a really good game though. I still recommend trying it.

This game's theme is sexiness. Ripping off clothes is the substitute for "damaging enemies", and "changing clothes" is how you power up. So if you get queasy over sexual content you might be in a spot of trouble.

That being said, the game is extremely goofy in its presentation, to the point where I'm usually just laughing at most of what I see, so... your mileage may vary depending on how open minded you are, I suppose.

I dunno about Australia though, sorry.

Oh that sounds ok, no nudity though right? The graphics look pretty nice so I'm guessing it's a fairly big budget game which means they must have quite a large audience.

Labrys

Forgot I had some stuff I wanted to trade in to Gamestop, so I picked up a PS4 copy! I'm installing the patch now, has about an hour left.

Only thing I'm slightly dissapointed about is my cards, I was hoping for Hejibo and I got Gessen. Maybe later I can crab them off ebay or somethin.

antitrop

Oh that sounds ok, no nudity though right? The graphics look pretty nice so I'm guessing it's a fairly big budget game which means they must have quite a large audience.

99% nudity. The "key areas" are covered by little flashes of light.

Nudity isn't exactly out of the question for big budget games, though. The Order 1886 had a penis flopping about.

This game would be pushing AO if it weren't for the little flashes of light. It's pretty perverted. In a light-hearted and comedic way, though.

Mine finally arrived right now but it's all banged up T_T. I got the Gessen cards (was hoping for Crimson Squad cards) one of the cards inside is damaged and to make things worse my boss just called me to work today to cover for someone who's sick. It's like the universe doesn't want me to enjoy the game xD

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Giant beams of light block any nudity. You MIGHT get a few glimpses of da asses but that's really it.

Nyoro SF

Genitalia and nipples are blocked out by shining lights, but you will see bare butts.

Also this series is pretty niche, with a small audience. I'm actually kind of surprised at the budget that went into the game, the characters look really nice artistically and there are good 3D effects and animations too, far more than what I would expect for a niche game.

Renka in particular has a lot of awesome animations.

Natsuiro is probably the second one. XSEED needs to get on that localization.

Apparently that game is a giant wad of garbage, from trusted sources.

99% nudity. The "key areas" are covered by little flashes of light.

Nudity isn't exactly out of the question for big budget games, though. The Order 1886 had a penis flopping about.

This game would be pushing AO if it weren't for the little flashes of light. It's pretty perverted. In a light-hearted and comedic way, though.

Ok so the nudity is covered in a comical way, that sounds ok actually, I guess it's not a big deal really I just wish the art style was a little less loli but it still looks good so i'll bite.

I can't see any playable male characters, do they unlock later on?

I'm thinking express post U.S version from Play-Asia would be the best way to get this quickly, surely there would be no difference between that and the Europe version right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Who said anything about GUYS existing in the SK universe?!

................all seriousness, no, there's pretty much just Hanzo being....Hanzo, & then Ikaruga's "brother" who is only playable in SK2 via DLC or having a Burst save file, & even then, he's more of a "comedic" character with how he flails his weapon around. He kind of just gets a brief mention or appearance in the games, though no idea in this one.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so the nudity is covered in a comical way, that sounds ok actually, I guess it's not a big deal really I just wish the art style was a little less loli but it still looks good so i'll bite.

I can't see any playable male characters, do they unlock later on?

I'm thinking express post U.S version from Play-Asia would be the best way to get this quickly, surely there would be no difference between that and the Europe version right?

The art looks 'loli'? I guess I don't really see it, most of characters look older than they are, and their uh... body proportions certainly aren't 'loli'.

No male characters though, and yeah, the US and EU versions are identical, you'll just need a US PSN if you plan on getting DLC for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you're talking about Mirai, I can totally see why you'd think that. But otherwise, I guess it's just their face that might make someone think that?

My Amazon pre-order still hasn't shipped and once it ships it usually takes 6 days to arrive, luckily Salt and Sanctuary released the same date so I have had that to play. I'll have to call costumer service tomorrow if the game hasn't shipped yet (I need my Katsuragi!).

The art looks 'loli'? I guess I don't really see it, most of characters look older than they are, and their uh... body proportions certainly aren't 'loli'.

No male characters though, and yeah, the US and EU versions are identical, you'll just need a US PSN if you plan on getting DLC for it.

Yea sorry I don't really mean loli because I can't stand that sorta style, but it's not as realistic looking as something like DOAX3, the art still looks great though.

I might just grab the EU version but don't plan on getting any DLC as this is just to tide me over till Dark Souls 3.

Alboreo

This may be an ignorant question, but with the removal of the "hub" I have to ask: are you still able to replay missions once you beat them, or is story progression completely linear in that you just go from one stage to the next with no options to go back to old missions? Any sort of free battle option where I can play as any girl whenever I want?

This may be an ignorant question, but with the removal of the "hub" I have to ask: are you still able to replay missions once you beat them, or is story progression completely linear in that you just go from one stage to the next with no options to go back to old missions? Any sort of free battle option where I can play as any girl whenever I want?

Yes can replay story missions as whichever girl.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Got my copy in the mail today, time to see what cards I got!

Edit: Got Hanzo

635830725632660113-1242738944_Nichijou%20God%20is%20Dead.gif

A.E Suggs

Please tell me Kanu Uncho is coming and they can get the issues worked out! Cause if not I'll take this game back right now and just get the japanese version.

Well I won't take it back but this is disheartening

Oh jeez. Play more because I frankly can't imagine anyone preferring Burst over Estival no matter how much they love 2D brawlers. Maybe SK2 over EV, that's a matter of preference, but Burst is so primitive and performs like crap. I can't even go back to SV on Vita after playing EV on PS4.
Yeah, I meant SK2. Just called it Burst to separate the series. Maybe after a week I will change my mind but *shrug*
Edit: Oh good 1v1 is here. That is what I like the most.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg despite staring the download for the patch around 1:30 p.m. today, being almost 8 hours later, the patch is only at 1.5 out of 4.6GB downloaded....

Curse my bad habit of waiting to play games until their day one patch is completely downloaded.

Top Bottom