• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

I hate feeling embarrassed by buying games like this at my GameStop.

Hey I work for that company amd I'm buying it. I literally just randomly ordered it and I kid you not have never done that for these type of games. Usually Im not going to lie I kind of make fun of these types of titles but something randomly made me buy it. I'm probably going to regret it but whatever lol

flohen95

Hey I work for that company amd I'm buying it. I literally just randomly ordered it and I kid you not have never done that for these type of games. Usually Im not going to lie I kind of make fun of these types of titles but something randomly made me buy it. I'm probably going to regret it but whatever lol
As I've already said in this thread, I bought Burst out of impulse and without actually knowing what the game or the box looks like since I've ordered it online, only on the grounds of it being a niche Japanese game for the 3DS released physically in Europe. I can't say I was disappointed, even ignoring the fanservice. Music, gameplay, story, characters... all of it was so much better than I had anticipated, especially after finding out about the fanservice. Considering the premise of the game (Wasn't the series created for 3DS because Takaki thought people would like to see breasts in 3D?), I was really, really surprised at the general quality of, well, everything. So if you are down with beat 'em ups, you'll probably not be disappointed either.

I hate feeling embarrassed by buying games like this at my GameStop.
I understand that, and I did feel like that before, but I've learned not to.
To be fair, I ordered Burst on the Internet and obviously did the same with SV (since I don't live in North America), but I proudly display Burst on my 3DS shelf and have played the game on campus and on train, plane and bus trips. Also, there's a list of every game I own visible on the Internet for everyone and I have bought games like Hyperdimension Neptunia in my local electronics store.
Sure, you get weird looks (I will forever remember the look on the female cashier's face when I bought this), but why should you care?

GameStop wouldn't budge. I asked if they actually had it in stock and the associate hesitated and restated the release date. I asked if it would be available to pick up on Tuesday. He just smiled and nodded.

pariah164

GameStop wouldn't budge. I asked if they actually had it in stock and the associate hesitated and restated the release date. I asked if it would be available to pick up on Tuesday. He just smiled and nodded.
At least you're guaranteed Life and Hometown on the 14th. Most Gametops are pretty strict when it comes to release dates, which is why anyone who manages to get it early from them is really, really lucky (or has an in).

At least you're guaranteed Life and Hometown on the 14th. Most Gametops are pretty strict when it comes to release dates, which is why anyone who manages to get it early from them is really, really lucky (or has an in).
Yep, we would get secret shopped by DMs trying to catch us breaking street dates back when I worked for them.

StayDead

I've never understood this logic, they carry the game, THEY WANT YOU TO BUY IT.

I'll never be embarrassed over buying a freaking videogame.

BsIj1Hx.png

Nah just kidding, I'm completely with you on this one <3

StayDead

you guys are braver than me, it took everything i had just to go buy Neptunia Victory form my local Gamestop

Seriously it's not worth caring about what someone else thinks about you. You only have one life on this earth so you may as well spend it doing the things you like!

pariah164

Just called my Gamestop. Game came in with today's shipment. Come Tuesday, Life and Hometown will be mine. 3 1/2 days and counting!

As a female gamer I have no problem walking into a store and buying games like these (also used to work for Gamestop). When Akiba's Trip came out, I was informing pretty much every customer I could, especially when I noticed they were buying anime-ish games or brawlers. Day of pickup, I was flaunting my purchase so happily, I had several fellow customers ask me what all the hubbub was and proudly showed off the gamecase and went into a detailed explanation (read: rant) about the game and prompted a few to check it out for themselves. My former co-workers were all too busy laughing away at how happy and unashamed I was. I imagine that will be the same scenerio come Tuesday >.<

Hugstable

Banned
It's getting kinda tempting to wanna check some gamestops, considering I probably won't get my Amazon preorder til late next week. I need my Life and Hometown!

As long as you are a normal functioning human being trust me we wont make fun of you for buying games like this. Trust me many GameStop employees buy these games.

It's getting kinda tempting to wanna check some gamestops, considering I probably won't get my Amazon preorder til late next week. I need my Life and Hometown!

A niche game like this is almost certainly unlikely to have an extra copy or two floating around in the store and if so, only one which will go to the first person that gets it. I believe that is why Xseed made it clear to preorder as early as possible since this is limited and there will be no re-prints (at least according to Tom iirc). And Gamestops usually only get these titles in the number of preorders received, so unless someone doesn't pick up their reserved copy in 48hours (as we are required to hold it that entire time) then the chances of picking one up off the cuff are pretty slim. And by the time that 48 hour hold period is up, your copy might already be shipped/delivered

pariah164

As a female gamer I have no problem walking into a store and buying games like these (also used to work for Gamestop). When Akiba's Trip came out, I was informing pretty much every customer I could, especially when I noticed they were buying anime-ish games or brawlers. Day of pickup, I was flaunting my purchase so happily, I had several fellow customers ask me what all the hubbub was and proudly showed off the gamecase and went into a detailed explanation (read: rant) about the game and prompted a few to check it out for themselves. My former co-workers were all too busy laughing away at how happy and unashamed I was. I imagine that will be the same scenerio come Tuesday >.<
This. I had a similar experience when I went in to get DoA 5+. Granted, DoA is not as risque as AT or SK, but.

So not trying to be a salesman I swear but as of now its still up for reserve in store at GameStop for those of you with late shipping dates. Just trying to help

flohen95

My Amazon.ca shipping date is still around 20th, like really?

It seems Xseed sometimes have problems having stuff shipped to Canadian retailers. The same happened with Akiba's Trip:

Oh, crap. I didn't realize you guys were Canada.

Canadian distribution has always been murky, so even though we HAVE shipped out our copies well in advance, there's no guarantee they'll be waiting for you guys tomorrow. We never have any idea what the hell goes on once our games pass that northern border -- it's like they go into some sort of crazy limbo. We can only cross our fingers and hope. ;)

Theoretically, there's no reason they shouldn't be waiting for you tomorrow. But once they leave our warehouses, their fate rests in the hands of... I don't even know who. And as you've said, this has been an issue in the past, so it could very well be an issue now as well.
-Tom

Amazon still hasn't given me a delivery date. :/

Same for me as well. Only issue being is I had one till about three days ago. Ended up getting 1-day shipping when I preordered on June 13th, and when the game got an official date, Oct. 15th for delivery. Now, after going through the customer service screens, I can see now that it has a 'Delayed' marker on it. So trying to just find out more at the moment.

My copy is still in the mail. I just didn't feel like getting a copy in person for this game for some reason. Besides, Gamestop is already getting my money for Hearts R anyway.

It will now enter a backlog with 5 other DW games. Yes! :)

I hope everybody is also excited for the online versus modes, it can be really chaotic but there is no better feeling than interrupting a fight between three people by landing out of nowhere and doing Katsuragi's tornado spin. :)

Ventara

Just got an email from Best Buy Canada saying that they expect a delay and that it'll ship out on the 15th. That's actually better than what I expected, and I'm in no rush to play the game anyways.

MetalDeer

So is a delay for the physical release basically confirmed? I'm still getting this message on Amazon.
3agkW4E.png

I can be patient. As long as I actually get it, I'm happy. Still sucks, though.

So is a delay for the physical release basically confirmed? I'm still getting this message on Amazon.
3agkW4E.png

That's the same message that I have.

At this point I'm almost certain that it won't be here by next week. What a bummer.

3agkW4E.png

Not sure how it is for anyone else, but I had a date for mine just till a few days ago. Talked to a CSR earlier and after checking, they stated it should arrive on the original date I had of the 15th, and the Delivery Date should be updated for that on release day for basically anyone else still running into the issue.

fedexpeon

Banned
Yes!
Bestbuy is doing me a solid, they shipped out Tears to Tiara II and Senran Kagura on the 9th with a potential Monday release!

Hikami

3agkW4E.png

I have that message as well, I don't mind a bit of delay as long as it doesn't take another whole week or something.. since the week after that I'll be getting Freedom Wars as well.

Phlebas

Banned
So I did cancel my Amazon order and ordered with Gamestop. Just used the Amazon credit I had on Walking Dead Season 2 & Wolf Among Us

With reports coming in of people picking it up early, release day pickup looks incredibly likely.

Hope you get your copy.

SerTapTap

I ordered on amazon too, meh, I'll wait. I have the Vita TV and Bordelrands 2 to play next week anyway, though I figured this'd be the first thing I pop in the vita TV. I don't actually have any other cart games that'll work in it, all digital.

MSMrRound

Is the booklet really quite thick?

I was giving up on my retailers bringing in the NA "Let's Get Physical" edition, but apparently we are getting a Asian English release with booklet+soundtrack as initial premiums, via Marvelous.

I already Plat Shinovi Versus JP version...but hmm...tempting...

Guess I might not be able to stick to my "one game per month" rule this time round...already brought Smash Bros along with Persona 4 Ultimax...

Top Bottom