• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Vylash

Is the booklet really quite thick?

I was giving up on my retailers bringing in the NA "Let's Get Physical" edition, but apparently we are getting a Asian English release with booklet+soundtrack as initial premiums, via Marvelous.

I already Plat Shinovi Versus JP version...but hmm...tempting...

Guess I might not be able to stick to my "one game per month" rule this time round...already brought Smash Bros along with Persona 4 Ultimax...

144 pages

Tempted to run around to the local Gamestops tomorrow but I have a feeling it will just lead to disappointment. Might as well wait for Tuesday.

pariah164

Looking at the DLC for this game on JP PSN store...

300-rainbow-puke.jpg

I want all of it. My poor, poor wallet...

It's here, for the curious.

Nyoro SF

That DLC is far too overpriced though. A simple 3D render of a dress costs 2.50? lol I can't get interested in that.

I'm glad the game already has great customization options though. No need to worry about the DLC.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I think I counted all the packs, the double-character pack, & individual items not in packs, but NOT the event tickets/coins. Total cost in yen is about 13,000 yen, or $120.73.

Obviously will be cheaper in the US, but damn. Think I'll just stick to getting both DLC characters.

pariah164

So I think I counted all the packs, the double-character pack, & individual items not in packs, but NOT the event tickets/coins. Total cost in yen is about 13,000 yen, or $120.73.

Obviously will be cheaper in the US, but damn. Think I'll just stick to getting both DLC characters.
Yep. I will get both the characters, some hairdos.. But unless the DLC is super discounted, I'll just not touch the rest. Too rich for my blood.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll probably grab the free ones & that's it. It's very hard for me to buy DLC that doesn't change gameplay (i.e costumes, alt colors, etc.), hence why I only care about the characters. Granted, being able to use them in another game gives them more value, but still, if it doesn't make the gameplay different in any way, then I don't have much interest, no matter how tempting they may be (I even passed up the UMvC3 costume pack despite knowing I might've gotten some use out of them).

I'm gonna guess that each DLC character will be $5 each, then maybe $8 for the pack for both. I don't suppose they get any items that other characters can dress up with, excluding their default clothing/accessories?

flohen95

Yeah, it's obviously not intended that you buy everything. Just like with DoA 5 or stuff like Train Simulator 2015.

I'm tempted though, and I'm short on money for gaming to begin with. Characters are a must, but it will be hard restricting myself. I'm not one to choose stuff. That's why I always carry around all of my handhelds and handheld games as well as needing a 64gb MP3 player because I can't choose what parts of my music library I want to take with me. I always need it all. ):

-Horizon-

Extra life and hometown doesn't come cheap does it :/

cpooi

Is the booklet really quite thick?

I was giving up on my retailers bringing in the NA "Let's Get Physical" edition, but apparently we are getting a Asian English release with booklet+soundtrack as initial premiums, via Marvelous.

I already Plat Shinovi Versus JP version...but hmm...tempting...

Guess I might not be able to stick to my "one game per month" rule this time round...already brought Smash Bros along with Persona 4 Ultimax...

wait wait wait... The asia english version exist and has the extras? You singaporean?

Tempted to run around to the local Gamestops tomorrow but I have a feeling it will just lead to disappointment. Might as well wait for Tuesday.
You can't just call them? That would completely eliminate any and all unnecessary running around.

So is a delay for the physical release basically confirmed? I'm still getting this message on Amazon.
3agkW4E.png

I can be patient. As long as I actually get it, I'm happy. Still sucks, though.
I think at this point the only people who will be looking at any kind of potential delay would be those who ordered a physical edition somewhere that wasn't GameStop, such as Amazon or Best Buy. As you can see in this thread, pretty much everyone who ordered from one of those places is looking at a date AFTER the 14th, and that's just for a shipping date. You've got people expected to wait anywhere from 2 days to a week.

So at this point it looks like if you ordered it at GameStop, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to pick the game up on Tuesday.

I hate feeling embarrassed by buying games like this at my GameStop.

I will forever remember the look on the female cashier's face when I bought this)

you guys are braver than me, it took everything i had just to go buy Neptunia Victory from my local Gamestop

........over Neptunia games?!

In all honesty though, I could give zero fucks what the cashier thinks. I'm there to buy a game, not to impress them or worry about what this random person who has absolutely no effect on any part of my life MIGHT think of me.

I will admit though, that there's only been one game that made the cashier give me one of those stares:

Record of Agarest War's Really Naughty Limited Edition
18j422bpul2mxjpg.jpg

Aksys even made a trailer highlighting just how creepy the contents were

flohen95

I will admit though, that there's only been one game that made the cashier give me one of those stares:

Hah! I can only imagine. The name alone is amazing.
But yeah, the problem is that these people, uninformed as they are, will assume certain things about you when you buy certain products. And in HNmk2's case, harmless as the game is, the fact that an 18 year old male was buying a game with a cover that is predominantly pink/violet/purple was probably enough, and the anime girls on it don't exactly help. Keep in mind, this was not at a GameStop or any kind of specialized gaming shop, it was a general electronics store, where the cashiers are just that, cashiers, and will probably have next to no idea about almost any product people are buying, let alone video games or certain types of them.
But again, I don't care. I just smiled, said "have a nice day" and went off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I couldn't care less. I like video games, & I like women. BEST OF BOTH IN ONE PRODUCT!

I remember borrowing Catherine twice (once on each system) from the public library & both times, the person at the counter was a female & we made small talk about the game and I think one of them even played a bit of it.

Besides, if they carry the product, they EXPECT people to buy it. Hence why they have it in stock & available to buy at their place of business.

Xenocthul

Alright, Amazon finally sent my delivery estimate. It says October 16 so that's not too bad of a wait.

I want to buy all of it but I doubt I'll be able to afford that. I'll probably just end up having to buy the characters and a few costumes.

Imouto

Banned

How do people see other regions' PSN store? I always get "It's not your fault, it's the internet's fault" error.

Hah! I can only imagine. The name alone is amazing.
But yeah, the problem is that these people, uninformed as they are, will assume certain things about you when you buy certain products. And in HNmk2's case, harmless as the game is, the fact that an 18 year old male was buying a game with a cover that is predominantly pink/violet/purple was probably enough, and the anime girls on it don't exactly help. Keep in mind, this was not at a GameStop or any kind of specialized gaming shop, it was a general electronics store, where the cashiers are just that, cashiers, and will probably have next to no idea about almost any product people are buying, let alone video games or certain types of them.
But again, I don't care. I just smiled, said "have a nice day" and went off.

I'm glad here in Asia, it's perfectly normal for a 30 years old male to buy Neptunia/Akiba's trip/Atelier games.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

There's even more than that- some of the Dekamori Senran Kagura DLC also works with Shinovi Versus. And all of the Shinovi Versus DLC is compatible with Dekamori, IIRC.

Alfebit

Banned
Got my email from Amazon saying my copy will be delivered the 16th. It's not like I could play it on my PSTV right away anyway but I just wanted to look at it. :(

Imouto

Banned
Amazon just notified me that my shipment will arrive in November 3rd. That's what you get for living in SEA, I guess...

Oh the despair.

A little off topic, but I decided to buy a copy of Senran Kagura 2 to go with my imported New 3DS. GAF never had a thread for it, did it?
Unfortunately, no. I actually just finished the game yesterday and there is a real dearth of English information available for it. YouTube is probably the best place to go for general info and maybe GameFAQs for specific questions. The board is not lively at all, but I think people still visit it. There are a lot more modes and settings than Burst.

I'm not sure if everything is just locked behind difficulty modes or challenge modes, but the default game seems a lot less risque than Shinovi.

Got updated from Amazon and it seems I won't be getting the game until next Thursday which actually works out well since I can push my meeting that day up about 30 minutes. My mailman doesn't like leaving my larger packages on my porch because well, people steal though I'd love to see the thief's face when they opened it up.

deadfolk

Potentially pervy sounding question:

How is the censorship implemented?

Is it conveniently placed obstructions or pixellation?

I don't mind the former (it could even be done quite amusingly - think Austin Powers), but I think the latter would just annoy me after a while.

Shiina

Potentially pervy sounding question:

How is the censorship implemented?

Is it conveniently placed obstructions or pixellation?

I don't mind the former (it could even be done quite amusingly - think Austin Powers), but I think the latter would just annoy me after a while.

It's the latter, magical white beams of light and stuff.

SheHateMe

Amazon just informed me that I'll be receiving mine on the 16th. Which is fine.

But I wonder when they will charge me... seeing as I get paid right after midnight on the 15th.

Hmmmm....

Top Bottom