• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Josephl64

tumblr_mgdxu6zfdP1rzd2xgo1_500.gif

top 10 is still pretty good :/

I will wait until I got hands-on experience with the girls before declaring any allegiance.

Changed avatar again? I prefered your previous avatar tbh :3

Hehe I like this one, I have used it for a while and I was getting yelled at to change it back.

By the way if anyone wants to add me on PSN here please feel free. Same name as my Gaf name :)

nikos

Seems like no stores have this for preorder with store pickup. Might run to the store later to preorder the Limited Edition, if possible. Does anybody know how limited it is? Will it be available for a while, or should I preorder it? Will it even be in stores, or are they only being shipped? Maybe I should try a mom & pop shop.

EDIT: Looks like a local store already has it. Hopefully I can still get one after work.

nikos

well they will be in stores seeing as how I pre-ordered one to pick-up where I am

That's good to know. Have rewards points at Gamestop and Best Buy, so I'd sort of prefer to buy at either of those. Just seemed odd how neither offered store pickup.

Josephl64

That's good to know. Have rewards points at Gamestop and Best Buy, so I'd sort of prefer to buy at either of those. Just seemed odd how neither offered store pickup.

I'm guessing you meant when trying to do so online? I just did it in person since I haven't gone to Gamestop in years...making a trip just for this.

deadfolk

Nuts, I really need to finish Burst or I won't allow myself to play this.

I'm still on chapter 4 of Hanzō. I reckon there's still a long way to go.

Still buying day one.

Imouto

Banned
I've been trying to figure out how to handle this. Google Docs seems to be the norm, but I don't understand how it works, so I've been hesitating.

We already have a PSN (I believe it's a Vita sheets, though :p), so I'm wondering should we making a new one for SK or just use the PSN one. The problem with using Google docs is we can't show the url in public due to the nature of "everyone can edit it".

In any case, I guess for the mean time we should just use the PSN one, and just fill on the "games you will be playing" column with Senran Kagura.

Quote to review the doc.

[edit]
Use the one from CureVylash for easier view.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, definitely need a Region column, possibly including time zones so people have a better idea as to who they can play against at which times.

& just as I posted this, it was added.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Geez, man. Don't be so negative. They have Homura for Vita limited edition box.

I'm buying the PS4 one anyway.

It has nothing to do with negativity

it's just really clear that they chose the most popular character, the one in all the boxarts and promotion since her first appearance, for the PS4 version of the limited edition and the remaining one for the Vita limited edition.

Nyoro SF

I understand the desire to import EV as an importer myself, but I have so much confidence in XSEED that I'll just wait for the localization this time. >:)

Pretty rare of me to do this, now that I think about it.

I understand the desire to import EV as an importer myself, but I have so much confidence in XSEED that I'll just wait for the localization this time. >:)

Hehe I do as well but I still ordered it. Mainly for the goodies and to play it a little early. Hell I have a SK addicition..I ordered the physical copy of Dekamari even though I know I will be buying the version XSeed brings over.

I just wanted a case to put on the shelf and it comes with some extra stuff too.

Josephl64

It has nothing to do with negativity

it's just really clear that they chose the most popular character, the one in all the boxarts and promotion since her first appearance, for the PS4 version of the limited edition and the remaining one for the Vita limited edition.

Well it does make sense for them, I would add the most popular character to the front too if I was in charge.

I need all the LE bonus stuffs so I might get both regions again if we get something different than Japan does.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

No way I'm waiting, but I'm also nutso enough that I will be importing both the PS4 and Vita versions, plus re-buying them in English whenever they do get localized. I suspect it will be quite some time since they still have Dekamori Senran Kagura to finish and Senran Kagura 2 on 3DS after that. Any of these niche and/or obscure games that get localized I will support and re-buy in English, whether I play them again or not.

Nyoro SF

No way I'm waiting, but I'm also nutso enough that I will be importing both the PS4 and Vita versions, plus re-buying them in English whenever they do get localized. I suspect it will be quite some time since they still have Dekamori Senran Kagura to finish and Senran Kagura 2 on 3DS after that. Any of these niche and/or obscure games that get localized I will support and re-buy in English, whether I play them again or not.

Well, before I purchased the JP version of SV, then sold it so I could buy this upcoming LGP edition. So I can understand. I have a big backlog of games now though, so I think I will take my time on EV. I feel like my experience with SV was kind of neutered because I could barely read anything, so I'm willing to be patient this time around.

I also bug Taka on twitter occasionally asking him for a PC release. He's quite the prolific gamer on lots of platforms so I think he can understand. Maybe someday I'll get lucky. :p

nikos

I know this game takes place after Burst, but I really don't want to play that right now as my backlog is never ending and I prefer playing my Vita.

Will I be completely lost if I jump into this, or does it do a good job of introducing characters and story?

Lyte Edge

I know this game takes place after Burst, but I really don't want to play that right now as my backlog is never ending and I prefer playing my Vita.

Will I be completely lost if I jump into this, or does it do a good job of introducing characters and story?

You'll be fine. The super-short version of the original is the Hanzo Academy vs. the Hebijo Academy-- Hebijo lost and the students quit the school. Hanzo is still going, there's a new Hebijo class that has popped up, a third school now in the mix -Death Cram- and the original Hebijo girls are still around too. I played Shinovi Versus first and can't say that I felt very lost, and that's with my limited Japanese.

You can also watch the Senran Kagura anime series, which is the TV show version of the original game story.

nikos

You'll be fine. The super-short version of the original is the Hanzo Academy vs. the Hebijo Academy-- Hebijo lost and the students quit the school. Hanzo is still going, there's a new Hebijo class, a third school now in the mix -Death Cram- and the original Hebijo girls are still around too. I played Shinovi Versus first and can't say that I felt very lost, and that's with my limited Japanese.

You can also watch the Senran Kagura anime series, which is the TV show version of the original game story.

Sounds good, thanks! I'll use this to introduce myself to the series and take it from there if I get into it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well it does make sense for them, I would add the most popular character to the front too if I was in charge.

That's not what i was pointing, the ice girl first appeared in Shinovi Versus, Vita exclusive game, all the Vita games had the ice girl close-up in the cover while white haired one was far or totally absent.
Giving the ice girl to the PS4 limited edition of Estival Versus and the white haired one to the Vita one seems to me like both a disservice to Vita fans and making the PS4 limited edition to look like a first class edition, the one to buy, while the Vita one is a second class one, an optional one.

It reminds me of the Dangeki Bunko cover, where the Kirito close up(honestly he's the only characters on the cover i know together with Asuna, i'm pretty sure that Kirito and Asuna are the only characters appeared in Italian tv lol) is on the PS3 version despite Vita having a SAO game.
dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-cover.jpg

My point is that Vita gets the less popular characters despite deserving the popular ones more than PS3/4.

Lyte Edge

Sounds good, thanks! I'll use this to introduce myself to the series and take it from there if I get into it.

Also if you're wondering about the two DLC characters, Daidouji is with the Hanzo school and is a 25 year old 'senior' who still hangs around to fight Hebijo's Suzune/Rin, a teacher
(and former student of Hanzo teacher Kiriya's.)

Josephl64

That's not what i was pointing, the ice girl first appeared in Shinovi Versus, Vita exclusive game, all the Vita games had the ice girl close-up in the cover while white haired one was far or totally absent.
Giving the ice girl to the PS4 limited edition of Estival Versus and the white haired one to the Vita one seems to me like both a disservice to Vita fans and making the PS4 limited edition to look like a first class edition, the one to buy, while the Vita one is a second class one, an optional one.

It reminds me of the *Dengeki Bunko cover, where the Kirito close up(honestly he's the only characters on the cover i know together with Asuna, i'm pretty sure that Kirito and Asuna are the only characters appeared in Italian tv lol) is on the PS3 version despite Vita having a SAO game.

My point is that Vita gets the less popular characters despite deserving the popular ones more than PS3/4.

Ah I see your point then. I wouldn't call Index/Railgun not popular but it seems like SAO has really taken the world by storm. I didn't even realize Kirito was there as I was too distracted by Shana ~

Imouto

Banned
It reminds me of the Dangeki Bunko cover, where the Kirito close up(honestly he's the only characters on the cover i know together with Asuna, i'm pretty sure that Kirito and Asuna are the only characters appeared in Italian tv lol) is on the PS3 version despite Vita having a SAO game.

There is no way Kirito is much more popular than biribiri, really. You should check out the popularity ranking more.

Before you ask, yes, I am talking about Japanese ranking.

StayDead

Misaka Mikoto is one of the best characters ever, so I'm not sure what's wrong with the vita cover.

Also nu hebijyou are better than the other school <3

Josephl64

There is no way Kirito is much more popular than biribiri, really. You should check out the popularity ranking more.

Before you ask, yes, I am talking about Japanese ranking.

Misaka Mikoto is one of the best characters ever, so I'm not sure what's wrong with the vita cover.

Also nu hebijyou are better than the other school <3

I'm guessing he meant "popular" as in more well-known in which case although Misaka is that...SAO is more known nowadays I guess.

Waxwing

Stepped in here out of curiosity....wow. This is the first game in forever to best my suspension of disbelief regarding bust size and erm...suspension. Unless the game takes place in space...

Top Bottom