• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

deadfolk

Hey Tom, if you're still around...

Does the Wednesday EU release include UK/Ireland, or is it one of those unspoken 'wait till Friday' jobbies?

Also, any plans to release the OST in any form, so us Europeans can get hold of it somehow without importing the LE of the game?

Our review's live if anyone's interested. Our scribe mentioned some difficulty spikes and camera issues, but overall had a great time with it. In fact, he made a point of the fact that he can't stop playing -- I can only wonder why!

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (PlayStation Vita) Review

As a game, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus will no doubt be unfairly judged based on the sexualised portrayal of its all-female cast, but those who can look beyond its titillating nature will find an accessible, enjoyable brawler. Balancing issues and a backstabbing camera put a limit on the fun, but a diverse cast and surprisingly competent narrative should keep fans fighting well into the late hours – just remember to play it beneath the sheets.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/psvita/senran_kagura_shinovi_versus

So excited for Thursday! I don't mind a few days, I'm getting the PSTV today and will mess around with that to kill time, and need to finish Mordor and Metro.

GUJGM4f.gif

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Probably already been stated but props to x-seed for a great limited edition, especially at the price they were asking. The Book is really solid, the soundtrack is nice, and the game has a reversible art cover, awesome!

Let's hope the success of this will mean more to come! (Burst 2 and the ps4/vita game pls)

Mognet

hi guys, i'm importing the us special edition but i heard that the eu digital release is tomorrow, for those who have played the jp version and have played the dlc, i'm wondering if the dlc is worth the purchase? if not i'll just wait a week or two until the import arrives in the mail.

crinale

As a game, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus will no doubt be unfairly judged based on the sexualised portrayal of its all-female cast, but those who can look beyond its titillating nature will find an accessible, enjoyable brawler. Balancing issues and a backstabbing camera put a limit on the fun, but a diverse cast and surprisingly competent narrative should keep fans fighting well into the late hours – just remember to play it beneath the sheets.

The plot guy has some track record, like 428, 999, AA vs Layton, AA5 and such (not that he was main writer for all those but was involved to those projects).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
hi guys, i'm importing the us special edition but i heard that the eu digital release is tomorrow, for those who have played the jp version and have played the dlc, i'm wondering if the dlc is worth the purchase? if not i'll just wait a week or two until the import arrives in the mail.

the DLC included costumes and new characters I believe. If this is important to you, I would wait.

Eolz

The plot guy has some track record, like 428, 999, AA vs Layton, AA5 and such (not that he was main writer for all those but was involved to those projects).

Wait, really? Always found that it was a good scenario, but didn't expect that the writer worked also on those games. Wow.

Reknoc

My copy has shipped! So that'll be with me in a week or so. Might double dip on the EU version so I can get the DLC at some point as well...

baconcow

Amazon.CA Delivery Estimate:
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Wednesday, October 22, 2014 by 8:00pm

=.=

Mine also says October 21-22. I just asked Amazon.ca about this and they told me that it could be 2-5 months and that they were sorry. I guess pre-ordering it on August 4th with priority shipping didn't help me get a copy.

Jawmuncher

Got the LE completely by accident.
When I preordered yesterday I didn't realize that the LE was the only copy of the game Gamestop was getting.

bobohoro

Any fellow Europeans waiting for the digital release on wednesday?

Here. Really looking forward to it, had a good time with Burst, even though it's quite a rough game all around, but there is an undeniable charme to Senran Kagura, well...I mean besides the obvious other charmes and stuff. But old school brawling and a likeable cast are a really solid foundation for a good game.

joe2187

Banned
Destructoid review 8/10

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus is a great place to start. Sure, it’s silly, superficial, and more than a little bit ridiculous, but that’s what makes it so darn fun. And if you dip into this Senran Kagura offering, chances are you’ll want to delve into the others as well. Buyers, don’t leave your Vita at home, ‘cause it’s Senran Kagura at night and it’s bouncin’, bouncin’.

antibolo

Banned
Mine also says October 21-22. I just asked Amazon.ca about this and they told me that it could be 2-5 months and that they were sorry. I guess pre-ordering it on August 4th with priority shipping didn't help me get a copy.

Holy hell.

Please get your shit together, Xseed. Your Canadian distribution channels are clearly not working properly. There's no excuse for amazon.ca still not having stock at launch day. At this point why even bother? It would have gotten to us faster if we ordered directly from the US.

Ventara

Holy hell.

Please get your shit together, Xseed. Your Canadian distribution channels are clearly not working properly.

Don't blame XSEED. Amazon.ca sucks. I've stopped most of my shopping with them ever since they shipped my copy of Muramasa 2 months late.

um what? I guess I need to find a rep to ask about this, in worst case I will stop being cheap and order from ebgame instead

edit: screw amazon, I placed new order at eb

pariah164

Good, positive reviews. Thanks for linking them, will post them in the OP.

70 minutes till Life is in my hands...

EDIT: I just now realized the Dtoid review was done by a woman. Holy crap, cue the flying pigs.

Ventara

Muramasa was published by Aksys, which has the exact same crappy treatment of Canada as Xseed.

If places like EB Games, Best Buy, Futureshop, VideoGamePlus, PlayAsia, and pretty much every other seller got their copies, it's kinda obvious whose at fault here. I even talked to some Aksys reps and they confirmed they had already shipped out their copies to Amazon.

If you really want to resolve the problem, you should give Amazon the call, not XSEED, because it's out of their hands, and they've already done what they can.

Imouto

Banned
Man.... I'm having a hard time choosing between buying this on psn or neptunia re:birth.

Dilemmas dilemmas.

I would say get this. NepReb is fun and all, but it's a bit grindy, and the story is just simple. The characters and the humor are what drew me in, but as we know humor could be hit or miss depend on person. Gameplay is ok. It's on the good side but still need polished a lot since after a while you will notice the inconvenience in navigation.

Of course if you can, I would suggest to get both, but if you have to choose between them now, then get this one.

Scavenger

Holy hell.

Please get your shit together, Xseed. Your Canadian distribution channels are clearly not working properly. There's no excuse for amazon.ca still not having stock at launch day. At this point why even bother? It would have gotten to us faster if we ordered directly from the US.
Bullshit, Videogamesplus.ca just shipped my copy.

And as for Muramasa, that one also shipped on release day from vgplus.

pariah164

Hardcore Gamer - 3.5/5

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus isn’t for everyone, but you probably could guess that by looking at a single screenshot of one of the shinobi’s underwear. It’s so shameless in its sexual nature that it borders on comical and that level of near-parody gives it personality along with its titillation. Looking past the upskirt shots and shredded blouses, a surprisingly decent musou game is found with charm to spare. The combat, while simplistic, has fluidity and evolution with its moveset and pacing. The camera is a chronic issue, but it doesn’t drain the game’s command of its style.

PlayStationLifeStyle Review: 3.5/10

I love Japanese games and their ability to do this kind of light-hearted game that Western developers would never dare to. It’s not a bad thing to be a light-hearted, fan service game, but at least be a good one. The lackluster combat, combined with some terrible camera work and more loading screens than Lindsay Lohan mugshots, make for a game that just isn’t very good.

Scavenger

My copy shipped from VGP.

Hopefully EU dlc works on it? (Neptunia Re;birth 1 doesn't)
Nope and because the EU often gets the shaft I put my US account on my Vita. If you haven't bought too much stuff for your EU account I'd suggest you switch. It's totally worth it with all the superior ps plus discounts.

Top Bottom