• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Ithil

"They wanted to cut my hair, but I want to run down a beach into my own arms. But that's impossible"

Words of wisdom from Enzo.

Sami Zayn and Bayley are both really believable in their roles, they come across as really genuine characters. Sami's selling is also on another level, he garners sympy so easily. Fun show overall, not as top quality as the previous two NXT specials, but still good nonetheless.

#over

Disgusting. Boots, tell them they suck.

But that would be a bold-faced lie. Besides, I already bought their t-shirt and told them they were awesome when I saw them.

Well, that's a chant she gets and it happened earlier in the night. And she's wearing a shirt to encourage it. But he was the only guy trying it and sounded like an idiot, just like the shit heads yelling shit out to Bayley.
I know, but still. The segment ended awkwardly with him yelling it out, too.

Bought tickets to evolve 35 this Sunday. Card looks dope

Open The Freedom Gate Championship Match
Ricochet defends vs. Uhaa Nation

Open The United Gate Championship Match (If Bravados Retain At EVOLVE 34)
Harlem & Lancelot Bravado w/ Moose defend vs. The Premier Athlete Brand of Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley w/ Su Yung & Mr. A

Non-Title Match
EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. Roderick Strong

Technical Challenge
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Biff Busick

Climb The Rankings Match
Johnny Gargano vs. Drew Gulak

Newcomers Showcase
Timothy Thatcher vs. Tracy Williams

Bought tickets to evolve 35 this Sunday. Card looks dope

Yeah, this is the first time I've been excited about an EVOLVE show for a good while now - I'll be watching both shows on iPPV. Really looking forward to that Uhaa vs Ricochet match. Drew vs Roddy should be good too and really looking forward to ZSJ vs Busick, that should be a great technical match.

strobogo

Banned
Zayn doesn't need to win, especially if he's main-rostered immediately after.

I'd like to think he's being kept down there until they have a good angle for him. I'd also like to think guys who might have been getting a call up soon (Sami/Neville/Breeze) might stay a little longer for the dream match stuff with Kenta/Steen/Devitt coming in. I'd also like to think that Sami is finally going to win the big one by hitting the brainbustaaaaaaaa for the first and probably only time in WWE.

Ithil

Ha ha. I loved Mojo getting BURIED tonight. Best part of the PPV.

That makes two in a row. Rusev crushed him at the last special too.

It's his own fault really, you snooze you lose. He had a push and plenty of time to get better, but he didn't, and now other rookies like Charlotte or Enzo/Big Cass are far ahead of him, and major stars in KENTA, Steen and Devitt just arrived.

Swing and a miss as far as WWE scouting "possible future Wrestlemania main eventers".

Showaddy

That makes two in a row. Rusev crushed him at the last special too.

It's his own fault really, you snooze you lose. He had a push and plenty of time to get better, but he didn't, and now other rookies like Charlotte or Enzo/Big Cass are far ahead of him, and major stars in KENTA, Steen and Devitt just arrived.

Swing and a miss as far as WWE scouting "possible future Wrestlemania main eventers".

I know the company likes to have some of their own talent on NXT and not just have an hour of Indy wrasslers but Mojo has been given way to much TV considering how poor he is. You can understand why Shaun Ricker & Solomon Crowe as complaining when a useless goof like him is getting 10 minutes a show.

Ithil

I know the company likes to have some of their own talent on NXT and not just have an hour of Indy wrasslers but Mojo has been given way to much TV considering how poor he is. You can understand why Shaun Ricker & Solomon Crowe as complaining when a useless goof like him is getting 10 minutes a show.

I know what they saw. They saw his enthusiasm, and his size, and thought he might make for a main event star with charisma. But his "hype" thing doesn't translate into anything in the way of good promos, and he sucks in the ring, and isn't getting any better. And he looks like a goofball and not in a good way.

So yeah, looks like WWE gave up on him and are moving on.

strobogo

Banned
I know what they saw. They saw his enthusiasm, and his size, and thought he might make for a main event star with charisma. But his "hype" thing doesn't translate into anything in the way of good promos, and he sucks in the ring, and isn't getting any better. And he looks like a goofball and not in a good way.

Guys, HHH is working you.

somedevil

Yeah, he came in too green. Now he is paying for it by not being able to improve quick enough. He needs to go off tv to get better than come back when he is really ready.

It also, doesn't help with all this top new talent coming in and the non top Indies guys of Baron Corbin and the Olympic wrester shooting past him already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all just didn't pick up on Mojo Rawley's new gimmick.

Dark Mojo.

KissVibes

Banned
Mojo may not be a great wrestler but at least he genuinely seems to love working there. Full of energy, always feels like he's trying his best. It's...kinda hard to hate him too much thinking about it.

Oh god, don't remind me about Ricker.

HE COULDA BEEN A MAIN ROSTER MAIN EVENTER IN TWO YEARS

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mojo may not be a great wrestler but at least he genuinely seems to love working there. Full of energy, always feels like he's trying his best. It's...kinda hard to hate him too much thinking about it.

Stop. You're making me feel shitty.

Showaddy

I don't get how people don't understand that Mojo's whole shtick is to be an obnoxious jobber that gets the shit beat out of him.

eh he only started jobbing recently when people stopped cheering for him, before that he won every match without fail. Now his push has died he's going to start losing TV time with so many other wrestlers making their debuts.

Ithil

Yes, he seems to love it, and I know he turned down an NFL career to go to WWE, but he just doesn't seem to have the talent, at least so far. He can still be in WWE but I don't think he's ever coming close to a main event unless he has a surge of improvement later.

kirblar

eh he only started jobbing recently when people stopped cheering for him, before that he won every match without fail. Now his push has died he's going to start losing TV time with so many other wrestlers making their debuts.
Ah, I've only seen the recent incarnation.

strobogo

Banned
An idea HHH might want to take into consideration for his champion

iXDOlqlfxK4Fg.gif

KissVibes

Banned
Stop. You're making me feel shitty.

Most jobbers look miserable going out there. CJ Parker looked like he wanted to fucking cry coming down the ramp. Not Mojo man, dude came out and looked like he wanted to be there. He wanted to have a match, even if it was a squash match, just to keep working on earning his keep and pushing forward.

Yeah, he's goofy and slightly annoying but dammit, I have grown to appreciate his work ethic and his general upbeat attitude. It's inspiring in a way. Here is a guy that is shit on all the time by people on the internet, gets jobbed out in seconds, but still keeps a positive attitude and it shows through in his appearances and his social media output. I genuinely want to see Mojo Rawley continue to work hard. Hopefully getting better and ultimately succeed in the wrestling industry.

Yes, he seems to love it, and I know he turned down an NFL career to go to WWE, but he just doesn't seem to have the talent, at least so far. He can still be in WWE but I don't think he's ever coming close to a main event unless he has a surge of improvement later.

Not everyone has to be a main eventer. Honestly, I'd rather support a mediocre wrestler that loves doing what he does than a great wrestler who has a shitty attitude and thinks he's owed everything. He can get better in time and I believe he will. He obviously wants to be there and he has the motivation and desire to do good work.

I'm rooting for Mojo Rawley.
I wanna get hyped and stay hyped.

Mojo finally clicked with me tonight. I guess Bull Dempsey isn't absolute garbage like I thought.

FAV FIVE NXT THEMES

1. CJ Parker
2. Enzo & Cass
3. Tyler Breeze
4. The Legionnaires
5. Sami Zayn

HMs: Charlotte, Bayley's new one, the new Lucha Dragons theme. The latter two I just haven't heard enough to make judgment. Legionnaires are an exception.

Kinda agree, but I just wish he'd have shown ANY kind of improvement in the past year

RBH

The Wrap.com has an article that WWE is in talks of selling its entire pro wrestling library to Warner Brothers. The story said that neither side would comment on the story and that WWE is transitioning away from using its library. It indicated it was due to disappointing network subscriptions.

The news comes at the same time that UFC is paying significant money to acquire a number of MMA libraries. A source with knowledge of two content libraries that UFC doesn't own said that negotiations for purchasing them has reached significant amounts of money.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...es-while-ufc-looking-at-acquiring-new-content

Warner Bros. is in talks to acquire the WWE library, two individuals with knowledge of the negotiations told TheWrap.

Warners Bros. and the WWE decline to comment.

While the financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, the library is estimated to have nearly 150,000 hours of content, consisting of television shows, pay-per-view events and house shows dating back to the 1950s. It also contains a large selection of the visual history of modern professional wrestling, and is currently held by Cinedigm.

An insider with knowledge of Cinedigm's WWE contract told TheWrap there is no end date as yet, but the company is transitioning away from the library.

The WWE Network, which launched in February, has made use of the library but hasn't received enough monthly subscribers to make up for its lost pay-per-view orders. At $9.99 per month, it needed 1.3 to 1.4 million subscribers, but the company closed its first quarter with just under 670,000 subscribers and declining PPV revenue. The WWE Network believed it would reach one million subscribers this year.

The WWE Network is a 24/7-streaming network that features 12 WWE live pay-per-view events, original programming, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches and more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.
http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-in-talks-to-acquire-entire-wwe-library-exclusive/

KissVibes

Banned
Why would Warner Bros even want that? What does that mean for future Network content? Would WWE have to then license it from Warner?

Warner Bros. buying the WWE library?

The library holds an estimated 150,000 hours of content dating back to the 1950s

Warner Bros. is in talks to acquire the WWE library, two individuals with knowledge of the negotiations told TheWrap.

Warners Bros. and the WWE decline to comment.

While the financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, the library is estimated to have nearly 150,000 hours of content, consisting of television shows, pay-per-view events and house shows dating back to the 1950s. It also contains a large selection of the visual history of modern professional wrestling, and is currently held by Cinedigm.

An insider with knowledge of Cinedigm's WWE contract told TheWrap there is no end date as yet, but the company is transitioning away from the library.

The WWE Network, which launched in February, has made use of the library but hasn't received enough monthly subscribers to make up for its lost pay-per-view orders. At $9.99 per month, it needed 1.3 to 1.4 million subscribers, but the company closed its first quarter with just under 670,000 subscribers and declining PPV revenue. The WWE Network believed it would reach one million subscribers this year.

The WWE Network is a 24/7-streaming network that features 12 WWE live pay-per-view events, original programming, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches and more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.

R.I.P. Network?

Ithil

FAV FIVE NXT THEMES

1. CJ Parker
2. Enzo & Cass
3. Tyler Breeze
4. The Legionnaires
5. Sami Zayn

HMs: Charlotte, Bayley's new one, the new Lucha Dragons theme. The latter two I just haven't heard enough to make judgment. Legionnaires are an exception.

Kinda agree, but I just wish he'd have shown ANY kind of improvement in the past year
KENTA's theme sounded pretty great to me.

strobogo

Banned
Most jobbers look miserable going out there. CJ Parker looked like he wanted to fucking cry coming down the ramp. Not Mojo man, dude came out and looked like he wanted to be there. He wanted to have a match, even if it was a squash match, just to keep working on earning his keep and pushing forward.

Yeah, he's goofy and slightly annoying but dammit, I have grown to appreciate his work ethic and his general upbeat attitude. It's inspiring in a way. Here is a guy that is shit on all the time by people on the internet, gets jobbed out in seconds, but still keeps a positive attitude and it shows through in his appearances and his social media output. I genuinely want to see Mojo Rawley continue to work hard. Hopefully getting better and ultimately succeed in the wrestling industry.

Not everyone has to be a main eventer. Honestly, I'd rather support a mediocre wrestler that loves doing what he does than a great wrestler who has a shitty attitude and thinks he's owed everything. He can get better in time and I believe he will. He obviously wants to be there and he has the motivation and desire to do good work.

I'm rooting for Mojo Rawley.
I wanna get hyped and stay hyped.

Mojo finally clicked with me tonight. I guess Bull Dempsey isn't absolute garbage like I thought.

A jobber who goes out looking pissy and upset about jobbing sucks at their jobs. Unless they're up against LOD/Steiners or something.

Ithil

Licensing some of the WWE library? Sure. But purchasing the whole thing? Got to be bullshit. WWE would never give that up.

Top Bottom