• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

strobogo

Banned
WWE should immediately cut out the 24/7 live feed and only use it for actual live shows. I'm sure that would be a pretty significant savings for them on what is a pretty useless feature that most people don't seem to use anyway. Especially when you see how they use it and replay the same shit for 3 days. How many times was NoC 2011 aired on the live stream last week? At least 7.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Licensing some of the WWE library? Sure. But purchasing the whole thing? Got to be bullshit. WWE would never give that up.
Probably Warner just being distributors for whatever home video releases WWE has to offer. WWE would have to be stupid to give up its entire library.

njean777

I hope they do not get rid of the network, it is the only way I will watch PPV's anymore. I will not pay 60$ a pop for any PPV.

Read what isn't bolded in the article. Whoever posted it got that backwards. Warner Bros would be taking over something that Cinedigm currently does. I believe they would handle storage of the physical tapes, not distribution which WWE does themselves.

Much ado about nothing.

Alucard

Banned
This week's ROH TV is now available for everyone. Check it out here:

http://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/current

The-Addiction-vs.-The-Young-Bucks.jpg

Well worth it for Silas Young vs. Brian Kendrick and The Addiction (Kaz and Daniels) vs. The Young Bucks.

You can check out my thoughts on it here: http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...-september-6-2014-tag-team-dream-match-shines

RBH

roh-atl.jpg

BALTIMORE (September 9, 2014) -- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (the “Company” or “Sinclair”) announced today that it has entered into its first syndication deal for the Company’s Ring of Honor Wrestling product (“ROH”). WATL-TV, the MyNet affiliate in Atlanta, Georgia will air ROH weekly on Saturdays, beginning September 13, 2014.

“This is a very exciting start to developing ROH’s broader syndication distribution,” stated Joe Koff, COO of Ring of Honor Wrestling. “Since purchasing ROH three years ago, we have upgraded the production quality, added live events and expanded the audience footprint to 76 television markets reaching over 44 million households. We will add an additional 2.4 million television households through today’s announcement and are in discussions with additional companies for syndicated distribution. This is an excellent product with a loyal fan base, which has helped ROH become one of the fastest growing major wrestling franchises in the country. We look forward to expanding ROH’s footprint and continuing to offer entertaining original content.”
http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/si...nounces-syndication-deal-ring-honor-wrestling

KissVibes

Banned
Does Silas Young still look like old Chris Hero from a better timeline?

What the hell is ratchet and why is Sasha one?

Urban slang; based on the mispronunciation of the word wretched. Used to describe someone acting "ghetto."

Basically, because Sasha Banks is black she gets to be called ratchet by the cool NXT Universe.

kirblar

One thing I think that HHH gets - if you make your roster smaller on average- it makes your monsters that much bigger on camera. When everyone's big, you run into the Jack Swagger problem, where he looks normal sized...until you actually put him next to someone normal sized.

Ithil

It's sort of amazing to imagine the journey of Sin Cara, the character, to his first title in WWE, a developmental tag title.
Sin Cara is originally Mistico, hyped to the heavens and planned to be a top star, and three and a half years later through a serious of unfortunate events, Sin Cara, now played by someone else, wins the NXT tag team titles.

Alucard

Banned

Urban slang; based on the mispronunciation of the word wretched. Used to describe someone acting "ghetto."

Basically, because Sasha Banks is black she gets to be called ratchet by the cool NXT Universe.

You tell me.
DPP_0262-M.jpg
DPP_0390-M.jpg

strobogo

Banned

It's hard to peg what Sasha is. She doesn't look black. She doesn't look white. She doesn't look mixed. She doesn't look Asian. She doesn't look Indian.

cacophony

is the Network really doing that bad? it doesn't seem like they would need that much money to profit, just sever/bandwith costs and shit

isnt it worth it for the ppvs alone? theyre like $50 each so 1 yr of ppvs on the network covers 2-3

Downhome

A promoter, unfortunately, just posted this on Facebook about Bobby Heenan...

Tmart promotions wants to let everyone know that bobby the brain Heenan will not be at legends of the ring or the wrestling universe store in queens ny on Sunday sept 21st.

Bobby's wife called me and unfortunately bobby fell last night and broke his right hip. He will be going into surgery tomorrow morning.

Let's all keep bobby in our thoughts.

The guy just can't catch a break at all. I really hope he pulls through yet again.

Gonzalez

Banned
I know this sounds horrible, but to me the real Brain died years ago.

Shame that the last thing he did for the WWE before his body began to really fall apart was the Gimmick Battle Royal.

Downhome

Even with all that Bobby has been through, he always keeps his spirits high at appearances and he has never lost his sharp tongue and amazing wit. He just can't really make any television appearances, for obvious reasons.

I always wonder if WCW would have just ended up becoming TNA, or something along those lines, had it even survived in the first place. Perhaps not since I doubt Bishoff would have teamed up with Russo, but still, I still wonder.

Watch XWF and Impact after Hogan and him joined. I'm pretty sure booking wise it would be very similar.

Thorakai

So I was invited to this fancy Sushi place in Mexico that had wrasslin remix television segment playing on the televisions. I think I saw Rosita vs. Kelly Kelly. Wrasslin' is high-end now, friends.

strobogo

Banned
I always wonder if WCW would have just ended up becoming TNA, or something along those lines, had it even survived in the first place. Perhaps not since I doubt Bishoff would have teamed up with Russo, but still, I still wonder.

It would have been exactly like early TNA, because all those ideas for the early TNA show were plans that Bischoff was going to do with WCW if he bought it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I should post my actual Takeover thoughts.

Great show. Baron Corbin was given a great start. Ascension losing was good, and so was their match. Charlotte vs Bayley showed that my god Charlotte is coming along amazing and I'm completely behind her being ready for the main roster. WOW. Sasha Banks is an amazing cunt, Mojo got the bejeezus beaten out of him and I liked it, thank god, and Enzo is top tier talent.

Tyler Breeze should have won, goddammit.

It IS nice how NXT can focus on the one title and it seems that whoever has it turns evil, I like that.

As somebody who knows shit about ska past the Goldfinger generation is it bad that I prefer Zayn's current theme over his Ole Bouncing Souls Indie theme?

Top Bottom