• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

strobogo

Banned
Guess I should post my actual Takeover thoughts.

Great show. Baron Corbin was given a great start. Ascension losing was good, and so was their match. Charlotte vs Bayley showed that my god Charlotte is coming along amazing and I'm completely behind her being ready for the main roster. WOW. Sasha Banks is an amazing cunt, Mojo got the bejeezus beaten out of him and I liked it, thank god, and Enzo is top tier talent.

Tyler Breeze should have won, goddammit.

It IS nice how NXT can focus on the one title and it seems that whoever has it turns evil, I like that.

Charlotte is legit. She's had the most impressive leap in skill since Kurt Angle from November 1999-mid 2000 and Bork from him debut to Summerslam 2002. I'll reserve judgement on Corbin until he's in a real match. Everyone looks good in crushing squashes. She's definitely better than anyone on the main roster. Well, idk. Paige and Emma did great work in NXT as well and haven't done much on the main roster. Send them back to NXT to feud with Charlotte on the next Takeover. People were saying Nattie carried her at the last one. I think this match proved she was carrying Nattie.

What did you think of KENTA's debut?

I liked it, but felt really bad for him when he was having a lot of trouble thinking/saying the words near the end of his promo. It felt really awkward, but I'm glad the fans had dropped the WHAT bullshit they were doing at the start of his promo. Standing up and running off the most dominate team NXT has ever had on his own made him look like a bad ass. So did Regal smiling and backing into the corner when he got back in the ring. Not really a fan of the name change, but whatever. I think KENTA is better than Hideo Itama. Better for all the people that already know who he is, better for the people who don't know who he is, and a first name can totally be trademarked I'm pretty sure. Not a full name, but a first or last name I think can.

Ithil

Charlotte is legit. She's had the most impressive leap in skill since Kurt Angle from November 1999-mid 2000 and Bork from him debut to Summerslam 2002. I'll reserve judgement on Corbin until he's in a real match. Everyone looks good in crushing squashes. She's definitely better than anyone on the main roster. Well, idk. Paige and Emma did great work in NXT as well and haven't done much on the main roster. Send them back to NXT to feud with Charlotte on the next Takeover. People were saying Nattie carried her at the last one. I think this match proved she was carrying Nattie.

Why does someone always have to be carrying someone?

strobogo

Banned
Why does someone always have to be carrying someone?

Because people claim Nattie is really great but never gets to show it and said that her match with Charlotte was her carrying the younger talent. But I think Nattie isn't good at all and the only reason she looked good was because of Charlotte, who also had a great match with someone MUCH less experienced than Nattie. So to me, this matched proved that Charlotte was the one who carried the match with Nattie.

Pretty much all of Natalya's matches in NXT were perfectly good, though (except against Layla, of course). People also really liked that Main Event match with AJ. She's just inconsistent (and also not able to carry people). That's why it doesn't really have to be someone carrying someone else

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What did you think of KENTA's debut?
Nitpicking part is... I could do without the stereotypical music at the start, and I think abandoning the name KENTA was a mistake, but he will do fine and used the Ascension to further move them on and raise his stock. The bit with the chair was dope and he will have no trouble getting over...in NXT. WWE might fuck themselves based on what kind of fuckery he gets into on the main roster, but that also goes for anyone else.

Ithil

Because people claim Nattie is really great but never gets to show it and said that her match with Charlotte was her carrying the younger talent. But I think Nattie isn't good at all and the only reason she looked good was because of Charlotte, who also had a great match with someone MUCH less experienced than Nattie. So to me, this matched proved that Charlotte was the one who carried the match with Nattie.

Bayley IS a good wrestler, though, one of the best of the NXT women. Charlotte had a match with someone who legitimately isn't good in Summer Rae, and the match blew chunks.
If she were "carrying Natalya", then she should have had a good match with Summer Rae too.

I do feel Natalya was a massive part of why that match was great. While Charlotte is great for her level of experience, she is still spotty with how her matches flow, I feel like Natalya helped guide her through it. Flair at ringside also helped to give the match a lot of emotion so that contributed.
Natalya is legitimately talented, but she also seems to not try much these days. When she does she has good matches. Pretty much all of Nattie's matches on NXT tend to be good.

DMczaf

KGrmNj2.gif

strobogo

Banned
Bayley IS a good wrestler, though, one of the best of the NXT women. Charlotte had a match with someone who legitimately isn't good in Summer Rae, and the match blew chunks.
If she were "carrying Natalya", then she should have had a good match with Summer Rae too.

I do feel Natalya was a massive part of why that match was great. While Charlotte is great for her level of experience, she is still spotty with how her matches flow, I feel like Natalya helped guide her through it. Flair at ringside also helped to give the match a lot of emotion so that contributed.
Natalya is legitimately talented, but she also seems to not try much these days. When she does she has good matches. Pretty much all of Nattie's matches on NXT tend to be good.

I think she's not good at all and has been living off the Hart name her entire career, with people buying into the hype that she's so great just based on her being a Hart. There are what, 2 matches in her career (against Charlotte at Takeover 1, and AJ on ME) that people can point to? She's been on WWE TV since 2008. She had 8 years of indie stuff before that. 2 matches in 14 years that people can point to and say she's great? Charlotte has had 2 great matches and a lot of fun TV matches and has been on TV for just a little over a year. She already does everything better than Nattie.

Nattie is the worst, overrated enhancement talent at it's finest

Charlotte is good and she'll get better but that moonsault was not so much, should probably watch it again but it looked like she got too much rotation and pretty much landing on her feet, which would've been a cool counter spot if it were supposed to be that (wasn't obviously) I think she tried but to compensate but it's tough to cover it up since it lead to there being zero impact except to her feet/legs/knees on the landing.

Nattie can't carry someone to a good match but that would probably go for most of the female roster and that the typical "divas match" is like three minutes. She's over rated because of her name and relatives and the most annoying and even unlikable member of Total Divas which I hope is entirely scripted to look that way.

Not sure about the name change for KENTA yet but they made him look good at least. Hopefully when he gets to the main roster he's actually treated better than pretty much every Japanese wrestler to be a part of the company over the last 20 years. Hell, even Taka started out strong before he was turned into a joke jobber tag team with Funaki or the Kai En Tai stable mess. Really hope they're hey're serious about Japan this time.

What the hell is ratchet and why is Sasha one?
Urban slang; based on the mispronunciation of the word wretched. Used to describe someone acting "ghetto."

Basically, because Sasha Banks is black she gets to be called ratchet by the cool NXT Universe.

Ratchet? I though they were chanting "Sasha's pregnant".

A promoter, unfortunately, just posted this on Facebook about Bobby Heenan...

The guy just can't catch a break at all. I really hope he pulls through yet again.

Of course he can, unfortunately those breaks are to his bones. =(

XenoRaven

I was at a convenience store yesterday and something caught my eye and I'm thinking about making a thread in gaming side. (I know, I know.)

Anyway, what I saw was the box for a product called "Stree Overlord".

NSFW Link

I'm not sure Capcom would appreciate their properties being used to market this sort of product. What do you guys think? Thread worthy?

Mengetsu

I was at a convenience store yesterday and something caught my eye and I'm thinking about making a thread in gaming side. (I know, I know.)

Anyway, what I saw was the box for a product called "Stree Overlord".

NSFW Link

I'm not sure Capcom would appreciate their properties being used to market this sort of product. What do you guys think? Thread worthy?

Holy shit they have these in stores near me! This is funny.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Is it bad I want everyone to get the WWE Network just so they can watch NXT and see how crowds should react.

Only $9.99

CJ Parker would be an epic heel in WWE.

Baron Corbin looks like old white Roan Reigns.

Jamie OD

I'm thinking about the main event and come to the conclusion that the story telling in it was so good. All night they were pushing the factor of Neville and Zayn being close friends with a competitive rivalry. The big payoff to this is Neville cheating to save his title and screwing Zayn in the process. Add to that Kidd being a crafty veteren and Breeze constantly letting everyone else do the work and sneaking in to capitalise. It all worked together.

In fact, I think the entire show struck a decent balance between match and story quality. The Hair match was bad and there were two squashes but each of them provided something interesting to see, whether it was comedy hijinks or Bull and Corbin both being booked strong.

Mengetsu

Why would Kenta change his name? Everybody will still call him Kenta.

I don't think anyone else is getting the CM Punk treatment with names. He had to fight to keep it and now WWE sees it as bite in the ass since he left and he owns it. Out of all three guys I'd love for Prince Devitt to be able to keep his name but I just don't see it happening.

I'm thinking about the main event and come to the conclusion that the story telling in it was so good. All night they were pushing the factor of Neville and Zayn being close friends with a competitive rivalry. The big payoff to this is Neville cheating to save his title and screwing Zayn in the process. Add to that Kidd being a crafty veteren and Breeze constantly letting everyone else do the work and sneaking in to capitalise. It all worked together.

In fact, I think the entire show struck a decent balance between match and story quality. The Hair match was bad and there were two squashes but each of them provided something interesting to see, whether it was comedy hijinks or Bull and Corbin both being booked strong.
I don't know when the "Heavy" scripting came into play on RAW/Smackdown but watching NXT tonight felt like watching 1997-2006? shows. The stories are the main focus and are actually interesting like you said the whole talk of the friendship of Zayn and Neville was a key factor and made you feel a way when he pulled that reff out like what happened to the respect level he had with Zayn? You're gonna pull a move like that after everything? As a viewer you lose respect for him and gain more for Zayn and it just makes great progression for both characters moving forward. Same for Bayley and Flair. Former friends who had a hell of a match and even in the end she respected Bayley to show she still has that respect for her as a former friend but enough to maintain her heel persona. This show was great and whoever the head writer is does a great job but honestly I feel like HHH just lets them take most control of there stories and have much input on to how things go and turn out.

The first time in weeks I was excited for WWE. Raw has just been abysmal and haven't watched in two weeks. Just catching the best parts you guys telling me about.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 1/15/96

• Lex Luger vs Randy Savage
  • Taskmaster/Hugh Morrus vs Brian Pillman/Arn Anderson
  • Public Enemy vs American Males
  • Sting vs Ric Flair WCW Championship
  • Hulk Hogan vs Meng

Hulk continues to be an asshole in and out of character. Not only does he main event against Meng over Sting/Flair for the title, but he also says Macho has no momentum, a bad arm, and doesn't deserve a title shot over him next week. Even though he got a title shot last week and couldn't get the job done. Bischoff also says that even without the title, Hulk is the top guy in the industry and the true champion. Match wise, it is entirely skippable. Lex/Macho has been done 5 times since September. Flair/Sting have had I think 5 matches including tags since Nitro debuted. PE didn't look impressive at all in the match, but did put Buff through stacked tables afterwards.

However, Lex ended up costing Sting his match, although if it was on purpose or not is up for debate. The DoD/Horsemen squashed their beef, but Pillman wouldn't shut up and Arn slapped him. Hulk being a dick pissed Macho off, so he walked out, but came to save him at the end of the show.

The story progression was a lot more important than the matches this week.

Aiii

So not worth it
"Neville has been tossed into the WWE Universe"

REALLY? YOU CANNOT FUCKING SAY "CROWD"

Fuck these announcers, fuck this company. I don't know why this is pissing me off so much, but what the fuck?

Recall

Fuck these announcers, fuck this company. I don't know why this is pissing me off so much, but what the fuck?

Cole must be blackmailing someone to have held on to his job for so long, though I guess he is the ideal yes man/puppet they've always wanted.

Vintage WWE

Browny

Banned

Hit the mute button and pop on the cheesy 90's music. It's the only way.

Or some deathcore. Or some wubstep.

Anything but the commentary.

Top Bottom