• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

EVOLVE show was real good overall, Drew Gallow(s)ay looked awesome in the main event against Rich Swann, which was pretty good but brought down slightly by the Premier Brand storyline stuff. Great promo from Drew post match, why did WWE let this guy go again? Ricochet vs Caleb Konley was good, Konley's struggled to shine in EVOLVE, but this match will do him the world of good. I enjoyed the opener of Nese vs Gargano, despite not being a fan of either guy, while Roddy vs Uhaa was good fun. The impromptu AR Fox vs Moose match was fun as well, I like Fox in more contained matches, but Bravados vs Colony was a dud. Match of the night, however, and the match which every other ended up being in the long shadow of, was Thatcher vs Zack Sabre Jr. Gabe should've had this as the semi-main event, as the crowd were WAY into it, which isn't always the case with the slower-paced, methodical, Euro-centric wrestling style. Thatcher is a very solid wrestler who's making a good name for himself and it was awesome to see him with an opponent who could bring the best out of him. Zack's just flat-out amazing, what a talent. So yeah, fun show, check it out.

AR_Fox.gif

Drew.gif

Konley.gif

Uhaa.gif

Zack.gif
Drew is just a premiere talent. I hope he can move into other promotions. The E just makes baffling decisions....

Ithil

"____ should be a Paul Heyman client" is the most overused fan booking in the world, but Hideo Itami should really be a Paul Heyman client.

If they want to break the mold of Japanese stars being put under a ceiling in WWE, he needs to not have a manager who speaks English for him. He needs to speak English fluently and cut his own promos.

Alucard

Banned
Feeling negative about pro wrestling journalism today. Just tired of the smarky "I know better" attitude of so many websites out there. Uuuugh. From pwtorch to prowrestling.net to f4w. Barf.

strobogo

Banned
Feeling negative about pro wrestling journalism today. Just tired of the smarky "I know better" attitude of so many websites out there. Uuuugh. From pwtorch to prowrestling.net to f4w. Barf.

Why would you shoot on my good friend JesseEwiak like that?

Raw64life

I've been going to rajah.com as my #1 source for wrestling news for about 15 years now and they've never steered me wrong. Extremely minimalist website design and they just straight up post the news and rarely if ever add their opinions on the matter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously laughing at Perscampi trying to play the "Stro is a racist hick! HAR HAR HAR!" card and failing completely. Hey Pepy, it's halfway through September, maybe if you start working on the OT for October today you can get done in time.

i1POXICHcKgd2.gif

i8zdIzWaB2IDH.gif

Quote for my thoughts cause they'll likely get me in trouble.

Glad to hear the Canadians tore it up, all four guys are a lot of fun, although Buxx is legitimately fucking gross. About to watch that match now. Also, what the hell, Deej? He really fucking layed it in with this knee to the sternum, looked like Kimber was having a ton of trouble catching her breath afterwards;

Deej.gif

Recall

Wrestling...

Journalist?

Is that what we call smarks now?

People label random people with an opinion about video games journalists. Basically everyone with an opinion is a journalist.

I don't like the colour orange, I'm a journalist. This apple is not sweet enough, I'm a journalist.
Be a journalist today!

Nerdkiller

Membeur
People label random people with an opinion about video games journalists. Basically everyone with an opinion is a journalist.

I don't like the colour orange, I'm a journalist. This apple is not sweet enough, I'm a journalist.
Be a journalist today!
Ahhh, so that's how Fox News got all those "journalists".

Ithil

There's a grand total of like, two wrestling journalists. As in people qualified to be journalists.

CZW was pretty fun, mostly thanks to the 8-man tag and the awesome Team Tremendous vs Bailey & Belmar tag, which is really worth a watch. Great indie tag wrestling without getting too excessive. The main event was a train wreck, but in the good, CZW way, and I enjoyed it. Some crazy spots, Irish Airborne look like they have zero concern for anyone and anything, themselves included. A far cry from the scrawny flippy-do jobbers trying to get a job in ROH a decade ago. Really enjoyed seeing Nate Webb in the 8-man tag, fucking love that guy.

Bill_Carr1.gif

Speedball1.gif

Homicide.gif

Crist1.gif

Silver.gif

somedevil

TNA News:

As noted, this week's TNA Impact Wrestling tapings from Bethlehem, PA are the last scheduled live events in the United States for the company. A number of TNA's production crew will finish their runs with the company at these events. We will have live spoiler coverage on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night.

- TNA may be producing some episodes of Impact Wrestling that are made up of mostly clips, highlights and reviews of storylines. They would go this route if they end up not having enough material to air on Spike TV once they're finished with this week's tapings in Bethlehem, PA.

They have 14 shows left before the end on Spike. Its impossible to do that many episodes in those final tapings if that's it for the year.

So get ready for some clip shows.

If they want to break the mold of Japanese stars being put under a ceiling in WWE, he needs to not have a manager who speaks English for him. He needs to speak English fluently and cut his own promos.
He'll get there if he keeps at it and does not pull a MistiCara.

Carnby

I went to buy the 9.99 t-shirt on wwe shop, and only S, 4XL, and 5XL are available. Wow. I didn't think this shirt would sell out so fast.

Ithil

He'll get there if he keeps at it and does not pull a MistiCara.

Well so far he's doing everything opposite of MistiCara so far, as far as attitude goes. I remember in an interview after he was signed he said if they want to change his name, change his style, make him start from the very bottom in developmental, he doesn't mind, he'll do it all. And that he hoped to be fluent in English within a year.

Mistico managed to not learn a word of English in three years, not even accidentally, such as what chapucear is in English.

TNA News:

They have 14 shows left before the end on Spike. Its impossible to do that many episodes in those final tapings if that's it for the year.

So get ready for some clip shows.

Doing clip shows makes me think they might actually be close to death. Unless they decide to show their one night only PPVs or past talent matches no ones going to watch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, while I was gone, I watched a movie with Bru's dad in it without even realizing it until a few days later.
PDVD_048.jpg

clipboar493594.png

Freaking Thunder In Paradise is taking over my life.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-