• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

yeah but you can do that with a psp that has way cheaper memory storage too...

come to think of it that's exactly why I got the PSP back when...speed running RE2 on that was a pretty fine experience. That UMD reader was loud and creaky but that machine just felt cutting edge.

¡HarlequinPanic!;130143953 said:
yeah but you can do that with a psp that has way cheaper memory storage too...

come to think of it that's exactly why I got the PSP back when...speed running RE2 on that was a pretty fine experience. That UMD reader was loud and creaky but that machine just felt cutting edge.

My PSP won't hold a charge anymore though. I'm not gonna keep buying PSP batteries just to play my games.

I'm happy that you're enjoying your animestation.

uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

Doo doodoodoo, doodoo doododoooooooo

Haven't played it yet. Loved the first one though.

It is really, really good.

Meltzerz reporting falling edge likes 1000 year old girls

she may look 13 but bro, like you said, she is 1000 years old

I'm playing one right now since getting a new slim vita.

I'm a pretty anime dude and this game might be 2anime4me.

I didn't think 1 was that animu. Part 2 though, there is some super anime moments in that one.

I'm really thinking about getting a Vita solely on the fact that I get to play PS1 games on that thing.

Don't you basically fight the members of GNR on that one? I remember watching my big bro play it when it came out and thought some of the stage art was GARBAGE. Like the ones where you fight in some kind of virus and it's basically a Windows Media Player visualizer and some platforms. Ugh.

Right now, I am going to enjoy the "hacked" Vita for as long as I can before having to update. Playing PSX games on it is fantastic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm really thinking about getting a Vita solely on the fact that I get to play PS1 games on that thing.

Don't you basically fight the members of GNR on that one? I remember watching my big bro play it when it came out and thought some of the stage art was GARBAGE. Like the ones where you fight in some kind of virus and it's basically a Windows Media Player visualizer and some platforms. Ugh.

X5 would be remembered as one of the worst MM X games...if 6 and 7 weren't even worse.

The series basically peaked with the first game while each one after it got progressively worse, not that bad though considering X1 is one of the finest action platformers around and they only got a little worse each time with 2,3,4. 5 isn't godawful but its not good either. 6 is godawful and seven is worse. 8...is a lot better than 6 or 7, breaking the trend.

Omega

Banned
anyone listen to some of these wrestling industry podcasts?

I normally listen to Stone Cold's while I play Diablo. need something else to listen to since im all caught up and this game is boring as shit if you're not listening to music/podcasts while playing

X5 would be remembered as one of the worst MM X games...if 6 and 7 weren't even worse.

The series basically peaked with the first game while each one after it got progressively worse, not that bad though considering X1 is one of the finest action platformers around and they only got a little worse each time with 2,3,4. 5 isn't godawful but its not good either. 6 is godawful and seven is worse. 8...is a lot better than 6 or 7, breaking the trend.

I wonder how shitty the sales were for the Powered Up series. I remember thinking those were alright. Imagine Mega Man 2 in the vein of that, oh boy.

duncan, change your avatar

Full on Tim and Eric Bedtime Stories hype mode right heah.

Mengetsu

In a new article on the WWE website that looks at John Cena’s ten biggest rivals, the company finally acknowledged and confirmed CM Punk’s departure from the promotion. Below is an excerpt from the feature that details the portion related to Punk.

“It takes a bold, bold man to call himself The Best in the World without any hint of showmanship to it. CM Punk was nothing if not bold. The self-appointed heir apparent to Cena as the face of professional wrestling, Punk’s agitation over being passed over festered into an earth-shattering “pipe bomb” that took Cena, the McMahons, and the institution of sports-entertainment itself to task. He then promptly won Cena’s WWE Title and gallivanted off into retirement, but you probably don’t need Wikipedia to know The Straight Edge Superstar couldn’t stay away for long. He eventually came back to further challenge Cena’s dominance and beat him more often than not. These two were having classic matches for years after that initial clash. Perhaps the greatest disappointment in Punk’s untimely departure is knowing they definitely had a few more in them.”

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's no reason to buy a Vita over a PSP if you're not playing Vita games. PSP is top tier with what you can do with it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sunny, both the white xbone and the CoD one are pretty nice looking.

I should wait and get one of those, but Fourtzzzzza

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, both the white xbone and the CoD one are pretty nice looking.

I should wait and get one of those, but Fourtzzzzza

Horizon 1 was the truth, I have no reason to be concerned that Horizon 2 won't be the best goddamn thing. So excited.

Downhome

I'm watching Halloween Havoc '95 and I've got to say, the Flair turn on Sting remains one of my favorite moments of all time, hahahaha. God I love that so much.

I wish they would do a program today and have Flair turn on Sting just one more time, for old times sake.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's no reason to buy a Vita over a PSP if you're not playing Vita games. PSP is top tier with what you can do with it.

This...isn't completely true.

Games look better on the Vita, you can map controls to the other stick on Vita, Vita has better dpad and no shitty nub.

PSP's advantage is that it can play more PSX games natively, homebrew, and cheaper storage.

Forza, Sunset, KI Season 2, MCC. Its gonna be a good season to have a bone.

My PSP recommendation came from thinking you didn't have either, friend Duncan..err..beef...er both of y'all..

...but I still do like the PSP quite a lot, just elegant. The vita has its charms too, but that bubble interface :[

You can play Dang Ol' Ronpa 2 on it, though!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only thing about buying another system is I gotta buy a proper tv stand/entertainment center for the bedroom. I got the tv, console, and stereo speakers on the dresser. It's ghetto, but it works.

no room for anything else at all though.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW SUPERBRAWL VI (1996)

• Public Enemy vs Nasty Boys Street Fight
  • Johnny B. Badd vs DDP WCW Television Championship
  • Harlem Heat vs Sting/Lex Luger WCW Tag Team Championships
  • One Man Gang vs Konnan WCW US Championship
  • The Taskmaster vs Brian Pillman Respect Strap Match
  • Arn Anderson vs Kevin Sullivan Respect Strap Match.
  • Road Warriors vs Sting/Lex Luger WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Ric Flair vs Randy Savage WCW Championship Steel Cage Match
  • The Giant vs Hulk Hogan Steel Cage Match

This show was DOG SHIT, friends. Liz has the most literal heel turn of all time. Hulk dominates Giant in a terrible match, then beats up the entire DoD (8 dudes) by himself. In a cage. Where all but 2 guys are his size or bigger. With one eye.

The Loose Cannon (WCW version) ends and it is the most overrated and over remembered angle probably ever. The WCW Loose Cannon just made a bunch of wacky faces and looked like he had a drug problem. That's a lot of heels. He wasn't doing ANYTHING ground breaking in WCW with it. He had maybe a month of the character where he seemed out of control, but it was mostly the announcers repeatedly telling you he was out of control. Mouthing off to other heels was the main extent of his craziness. In his last moment, he calls Sullivan, "Bookerman", but he kind of whispered it, no one acknowledged it, and no one knew what he meant anyway. Bret and Diesel had more real ass moments in 1995 than Pillman did with his Loose Cannon in WCW.

Look at this shit:

That's supposed to be Konnan missing a dropkick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need to get rid of my little stereo speakers. For the amount of space they take up, they're not worth occasionally getting to hear sound on the 'right side'. I remember going to my friends and playing MK9 on the subway stage and when the subway car drove by, the whole room shook and i was like 'holy shit i gotta get me some better sound'

Then I realized I was still in school, and I came to the realization that ghetto speakers is just as bad as just using the tv speakers. Need some speaker technology advancements where they don't have to be so huge and require so many pieces. Not fucking soundbar shit either.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C

c58gp.jpg

So who's dick did Summer Rae not suck to get taken off RAW? She should have AJ's spot right dammit!

She was filming that movie with The Miz, then she came back for Summer Rae/Fandango/Layla, and then she disappeared. Therefore, Layla is probably holding her hostage until Summer Rae sees Layla's POV on a number of issues.

Also, the writers don't have the attention span to juggle more than 2 women's storylines at a time. In fact, they had to combine 2 into 1 just to save them energy and time.

Showaddy

Also, the writers don't have the attention span to juggle more than 2 women's storylines at a time. In fact, they had to combine 2 into 1 just to save them energy and time.

Yeah Women's wrestling doesn't seem to amount to much more than "promote Total Divas" on the main roster at the moment.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also I love the Elizabeth heel turn because it means Ric Flair was right all those years ago in the WWF with his pre photoshop photoshop!

RP912

Banned
Lmao at king of the ring 95 being a F. King Mabel carried that ppv on his back. Give the man his due. Plus the ppv gave us the kiss my foot match.

Alucard

Banned
Skipping on live Raw and gonna watch ROH instead.

-AJ Styles vs. Kyle O'Reilly
-The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks

Gonna be another ballin' episode, same as last week's hotness.

ROH: Where the Big Boys Play.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lawler carried KOTR 95. He was the only thing I enjoyed during the whole PPV.

LAWLER

Lawler is great in the new generation, friend. He's the best part of good ppvs as well...which KOTR 1995 is not.

The talent intentionally left off of that card boggles the mind.

DMczaf

He was a heel the whole time. No one should have been surprised that he was the 3rd man, because he had been a giant cunt his entire time in WCW up to that point.

I was watching World War 3 95 the other night. Hogan's bitching at the end was just so bizarre. Like, I bet he wrote that shit thinking it would get him over too. Because fans love the bitching and complaining babyface.

Alucard

Banned
anyone listen to some of these wrestling industry podcasts?

I normally listen to Stone Cold's while I play Diablo. need something else to listen to since im all caught up and this game is boring as shit if you're not listening to music/podcasts while playing

I listen to most of them. The best of the best are the following for me...

1. Austin
2. Jericho (recommend Batista, H, and Chavo interviews)
3. Live Audio Wrestling (Review-a-Wai series and Bauer and Pollock)
4. The Old-School Wrestling podcast (funny reviews of old PPVS and angles)

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling is also pquite good. JR is very hit or miss, but mostly in the miss department for me personally.

Haven't listened to Piper's Pit or Goldberg's show. Probably won't.

Skipping on live Raw and gonna watch ROH instead.

-AJ Styles vs. Kyle O'Reilly
-The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks

Gonna be another ballin' episode, same as last week's hotness.

ROH: Where the Big Boys Play.

I'm watching last week's episode now, good opener with The Decade vs Coleman & Watanabe, who's definitely showing some improvement, but I'm not liking the samurai get-up - makes him look like a lite-version of Hirooki Goto.

RP912

Banned
I was watching World War 3 95 the other night. Hogan's bitching at the end was just so bizarre. Like, I bet he wrote that shit thinking it would get him over too. Because fans love the bitching and complaining babyface.

Holy fuck I hated hogan for that shit. I was watching the whole time biting my gums seeing this guy whine and bitch about losing FAIR. Even macho was like "IT IS WHAT IT IS". Hogan whines more than my 2 year old son when he can't get his way.

DMczaf

Holy fuck I hated hogan for that shit. I was watching the whole time biting my gums seeing this guy whine and bitch about losing FAIR. Even macho was like "IT IS WHAT IT IS". Hogan whines more than my 2 year old son when he can't get his way.

It's like we're watching pure unfiltered Hogan, just like how we got pure unfiltered Russo in WCW. Vince was Hogan's politicking filter.

Top Bottom