• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not big on symphonic scores for games, because they lack anything that makes me notice beyond "this sounds like it belongs" but ODST's soundtrack was something special.

EDIT: New page so I'll ask everyone else - does it seem to you like Jessicka Havok looks uncomfortable all the time in TNA?
nlYA7LL.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't bet on it. It removes the best part of the Warriors games and replaces it with TINY character selection for a skin of dogshit. Don't bet on it.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Wasn't going to buy it, but I have to pick something recent to get as a "price" so why not.

It's either this, or Smash Bros. and I will never understand what people like about that game, so why not take a chance.

Destiny is a game that looked long and hard and Diablo and Borderlands and wanted to do that but only had 6 hours of game to do it in.

It didnt work.

I do like the PVP though. Fusion Rifle is so OP with all those small maps

enewtabie

Does it feel balanced/fair to you? A big complaint I've heard about Destiny, especially in HaloGAF, is that Destiny's PVP feels unbalanced as fuck. (I don't have Destiny so i'm legit curious)

No it's not balanced. I was a level 6 in a match with 21-24s. I shot one guy and meleed him twice and seen someone else melee him and he still had 1/4 health. For one, I shouldn't have been put in there by matchmaking.

Slizeezyc

Does it feel balanced/fair to you? A big complaint I've heard about Destiny, especially in HaloGAF, is that Destiny's PVP feels unbalanced as fuck. (I don't have Destiny so i'm legit curious)

I think it's a fair complaint to have, but it's something that would be nearly impossible to balance right I would think unless you took away everyone's gear and weapons. Maybe once everyone is capped out it will be more balanced?

That being said, there are different ways people can approach the game being sort of out of balance, and a lot of those methods are still standard for a shooter. Shotguns still will rule the day up close (my preferred method), hand cannons can be dangerous as hell and fusion rifles are powerful as long as you don't miss, and your special weapon and vehicles can all cause you to build up big streaks if you get to them before others.

Parts of it do.

The super moves are kind of nuts except for the hunter that has this golden gun thing which gives them 3 shorts that are 1 hit kill. That would be super except if you wanted 1 hit kills you should just use a fusion rifle which are pretty much guaranteed 1 shot kills at close to medium range. But most weapons but you down quick once the person shooting is on their game.

If they had more large scale Halo style maps this wouldnt be as much of a issue but since they are all small COD style maps its a bloodbath.

I bet they will turn some of the damage down though. You do die way to quick. Quicker then COD I find.

Definitely not Halo PVP that is for sure.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not big on symphonic scores for games, because they lack anything that makes me notice beyond "this sounds like it belongs" but ODST's soundtrack was something special.

EDIT: New page so I'll ask everyone else - does it seem to you like Jessicka Havok looks uncomfortable all the time in TNA?
nlYA7LL.gif

Havoc looks like Molly Shannon injected with Bane's venom serum.

Also Hyrule Warriors is legit.

jmdajr

I'm pretty sure once I Destiny I won't even touch PVP. (player vs players I assume)

I'm not there to be leveling up people. Go kill other green slime level fodder.

Cagey

Banned
I haven't watched RAW in two weeks. Someone give me the EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW of episode 2 of the new season of Monday Night RAW.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House I - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F

Kill me.

I haven't watched RAW in two weeks. Someone give me the EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW of episode 2 of the new season of Monday Night RAW.

- Heyman will yell the same shit he's been yelling for a while, but this time with Brock actually being present
- Cena will Sina
- Roman will Reign
- Rollins will hopefully not speak and just be awesome.
- Kane will continue to be awful, but hey, he has abs
- CM Punk will tilt her head while staring at her frenemy, Casper
- Queen Steph will continue to ruin her fun and playful reputation by going along with the Bella/Garcia shit show
- Something about $9.99

SM.gif

Cagey

Banned
- Heyman will yell the same shit he's been yelling for a while, but this time with Brock actually being present
- Cena will Sina
- Roman will Reign
- Rollins will hopefully not speak and just be awesome.
- Kane will continue to be awful, but hey, he has abs
- CM Punk will tilt her head while staring at her frenemy, Casper
- Queen Steph will continue to ruin her fun and playful reputation by going along with the Bella/Garcia shit show
- Something about $9.99

Brock will be there? I will be there.

and looool @ Punk v. Casper

Sephzilla

Nope. He really isn't ready for this.

Dean is tho.

I know it would go completely against what Vince wants to do with Roman, but I kind of wish Reigns would have been the one to turn on The Shield. Putting him with The Authority would allow HHH/Steph to be his mouthpiece and could maybe help mask some of his inexperience yet. Rollins and Ambrose feel like they'd make better faces and Ambrose in particular feels more like the type who would come out from the crowd instead of Reigns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love Brad Maddox. Dude needs more time on TV, easily. He's legit charming and funny.

I know it would go completely against what Vince wants to do with Roman, but I kind of wish Reigns would have been the one to turn on The Shield. Putting him with The Authority would allow HHH/Steph to be his mouthpiece and could maybe help mask some of his inexperience yet. Rollins and Ambrose feel like they'd make better faces and Ambrose in particular feels more like the type who would come out from the crowd instead of Reigns.
I think Rollins is in the same boat as Reigns as they're not fully ready, he's just as uncomfortable as Reigns when he's giving his promos. He might even be worse than Reigns. Only guy out of the three who has the total package is Ambrose.

Sephzilla

I think Rollins is in the same boat as Reigns as they're not fully ready, he's just as uncomfortable as Reigns when he's giving his promos. He might even be worse than Reigns. Only guy out of the three who has the total package is Ambrose.

Perhaps. Subjectively I think Rollins is better on the microphone than Reigns is.

Ithil

Rollins has his spectacular wrestling to make up for his promo problems. Reigns has, uh, hair?

Aiii

So not worth it
Strobogo, what do you think about the controls for Nintendo's portables?

Can we please talk about how ridiculous it is that it's 2014 and even now they can't put dual analog sticks on one device without doing something shitty like a mini stick like they used to make on laptops in 1998 to use as a pointer?

WHY ISN'T ANYONE OUTRAGED?

Day one buy. Fucking Nintendo. :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm probably going to end up buying an Xbone just for Forza Horizon in a week or two because there ain't shit coming out til November. That LOTR game looks dumb and my only moderate interest in it is because of who's developing it.

Other than Alien Isolation.

Sephzilla

I'm probably going to end up buying an Xbone just for Forza Horizon in a week or two because there ain't shit coming out til November. That LOTR game looks dumb and my only moderate interest in it is because of who's developing it.

Other than Alien Isolation.

No love for Bayonetta?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good lord, some goober just blew up my Twitter feed over this Gamergate shit

...I suspect it is stro and it's a false flag/CIA OP

You've tweeted that shitlord hashtag multiple times, you can't complain about others doing it.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have been calmly ignoring gamergate and just been playing games, like all those fuckwits should have been doing in the first place.

If you want to get upset about something, watch WWE.

Top Bottom