• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

That's is just a motherfucker. Ain't no TMF in there.

INDIE WRESTLING! *clapclapclapclapclap*

Yeah I read it earlier and man oh man Dixie, man oh man

I hope GFW is a success for Double J

I do too, because more good wrestling is good for all wrestling. Competition, variety, all that.

But I don't have much hope. TNA wasn't exactly brilliant in the days when JJ was more in charge rather than in the days Dixie had more creative control. And by 'wasn't exactly brilliant' you can read 'was still unwatchable shit'.

strobogo

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;130255493 said:
Easy to forget considering the current apes movie that currently commands a >90 rotten tomatoes score stars some doughy beta in a dreary ass, boring dull film~

I hate to say it, but the only movie in the series I haven't seen is Beneath (which I'll watch today or tomorrow), and the original is not at the top of the list. It's too long. The 30 minutes without any apes could easily have been cut down to 10 minutes. Maybe even less. The pacing once you get to the real meat of the story is also pretty iffy. It could be because I saw Escape-Battle first, but I don't think I'd want to keep watching the series if I watched the original first.

Please tell me that piledriver pop-up was a shoot to piss off Haku.

Holy hell are those some stiff strikes. Joshi was the hotness back in the day.

No, that's a signature Hawk spot going back to the start of his career. I think the only piledriver he sold in his entire career was a tombstone from Kane.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Road Warriors sold for people they liked.

So like Arn Anderson, The Natural Disasters, Miracle Violence, and the Steiners. I never saw them No Sell the Disasters. Ever.

Showaddy

After sleeping on it, I've decided that there was nothing wrong at all with giving away a great match on free TV from the perspective of being a wrestling fan. The only fault you can find with it is armchair booking.

Sometimes villains should win clean. Sometimes the last match on a go home show before a PPV shouldn't predictably end with a no contest melt down.

Novelty is a good thing in wrestling says cagesideseats in their editorial about how it was a bad idea to end the match in a way no one predicted.

I think that's a pretty easy argument to tear apart.

Again, we got a decent PPV worthy match with a clean finish on free TV.

And we're complaining because it is bad business sense for the WWE to do that?

Some weird viewers we must be.

Presumably people are annoyed because the result of this match makes the match on this weeks PPV pretty redundant, which reduces the interest in an already pretty uninspiring PPV. Reigns pinning Rollins clean also damages what could have been an awesome Rollins/Ambrose feud when the latter returns, all for the sake of a decent at best match.

Road Warriors sold for people they liked.

So like Arn Anderson, The Natural Disasters, Miracle Violence, and the Steiners.

I remember when they came back once against RVD/Kane, and straight up got up and left the ring the normal way after getting chokeslammed/frog splashed for the pin.

Seriously, pin is counted, music hits, the one who got pinned gets up and leaves the ring through the 2nd rope like normal D:

somedevil

Presumably people are annoyed because the result of this match makes the match on this weeks PPV pretty redundant, which reduces the interest in an already pretty uninspiring PPV. Reigns pinning Rollins clean also damages what could have been an awesome Rollins/Ambrose feud when the latter returns, all for the sake of a decent at best match.

Agree. If they did the match they should did a dq not him winning clean because why have the rematch? It also doesn't help Ambrose because he either should get to pin Rollins or cost him the match a the pay per view.

I just wonder why they did it? Is because Reigns is not getting over as match as the want? Can't wait to his big tests coming up because Raw is Chicago and Brooklyn on 29th and 5th. So we can see how over he really is.

Like I said, armchair booking. I'm watching Night of Champions and I'm sure it's going to be better than RAW has been the last few weeks, but why do I, as fan, care if that match happens on a PPV or not?

It's not my job to sell people on the network... and I don't see how the Rollins/Ambrose feud is harmed by Reigns getting a clean win on Seth. I think Seth putting Ambrose through breeze blocks (or whatever you American's call them) is going to ensure that's remains a hot feud.

If we want to suspend our disbelief (which, I do... don't you?) then things like that help.

Yeah, it's a bad move for the WWE who are trying to sell PPVs... but that doesn't mean it's bad for us wrestling fans who aren't.

strobogo

Banned
I remember when they came back once against RVD/Kane, and straight up got up and left the ring the normal way after getting chokeslammed/frog splashed for the pin.

Seriously, pin is counted, music hits, the one who got pinned gets up and leaves the ring through the 2nd rope like normal D:

That's just LOD. I guess if you do it long enough it becomes a part of the character and therefore okay. 2003 was the 20th anniversary of LOD so...whatever. LOD is way over rated. Both PoP and Demolition were more fun to watch in real matches. LOD was fun as shit in squash matches or 10 minute bomb throwing matches with the Steiners.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good news: Playing the Horizon 2 demo
Bad news: Playing it on my brothers shit 7 year old tv that was discount when he got it.

This Kevin Nash episode of the Steve Austin Show is the drizzling s****. There's 20 minutes left and I'm not feeling optimistic about them turning it around.

Seems fitting that they'd plug this crappy episode on a sub-par episode of Raw despite Cena's great performance. To answer your question, Plywood, Why are they plugging Austin on Raw? He's shilling for the Network. $9.99 a month, gang! Making money up in this mug!

Alucard

Banned
Agree. If they did the match they should did a dq not him winning clean because why have the rematch? It also doesn't help Ambrose because he either should get to pin Rollins or cost him the match a the pay per view.

I just wonder why they did it? Is because Reigns is not getting over as match as the want? Can't wait to his big tests coming up because Raw is Chicago and Brooklyn on 29th and 5th. So we can see how over he really is.

"Die, Roman, die! Die, Roman, die!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, why not, a handful of strange and interesting Bork Laser shots.

McJdvVo.jpg

luPXwkC.jpg

t3y2Afp.jpg

R4jxnVg.gif

Showaddy

It's not my job to sell people on the network... and I don't see how the Rollins/Ambrose feud is harmed by Reigns getting a clean win on Seth. I think Seth putting Ambrose through breeze blocks (or whatever you American's call them) is going to ensure that's remains a hot feud.

On this I really do disagree. Having Reigns beat Rollins clean after a couple of weeks when Ambrose struggled with him for so long and then hearing Cole babbling on about Reigns dedicating the win to Ambrose makes Ambrose look seriously weak. Really takes the shine off Ambrose coming back to get Rollins when Reigns has already got the job done in a quick 15.

somedevil

"Die, Roman, die! Die, Roman, die!"

Well Ambrose will be more over.

Raw Audience for 9/15 for the go home show:

8pm: 3.900
9pm: 3.949
10pm: 3.649

Avg: 3.833

People bailed after Brock angle. The go home show last year did 3.886. The question is the show after the pay per view can do 4 million like last year.

RAW viewership.

8PM - 3,900.000 viewers
9PM - 3,949,000 viewers.
10PM - 3,629,000 viewers.

Average: 3,826,000

That would be the lowest rated third hour since December 2013.

I have zero idea what they have been trying to accomplish since Summerslam.

If the ratings are in the shitter then good because fuck RAW right now.

Alucard

Banned
RAW viewership.

8PM - 3,900.000 viewers
9PM - 3,949,000 viewers.
10PM - 3,629,000 viewers.

Average: 3,826,000

That would be the lowest rated third hour since December 2013.

Nice! DIE WWE DIE!

Still can't believe how many of ya'll watch this shit LIVE. Outside of bitching about it live on GAF, I don't see the appeal.

The ratings are largely in the shitter because of football. But if the product was hot, they wouldn't be hurt as bad. I feel like I could say "but if" for a lot of WWE though, so I won't kick the dead horse.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seth sold a Samoan headbutt shitty last night.

Sell that shit more. It's a Samoan Headbutt. Man do I miss Umaga. Imagine him killing Ziggler all over the place.

-- WWE has requested production of tons of different Steve Austin t-shirts

Hmmm, that and the podcast plug could mean something.

Also IT'S COMING

-- The belief regarding the Mark Henry/Rusev segment closing out Raw last night was that it was less about Mark Henry and more about Rusev likely entering into a program with John Cena soon.

Aiii

So not worth it
Great news about Austin being back in the picture. Hope he does one final match.

Speaking of those damn carnies, WWE just posted this on their Dutch Facebook:
1620970_1560290160860855_2307773438802034047_n.jpg

Cheese isn't even remotely that expensive here really.

somedevil

So WWE is going to screw Punk by having Austin come back for one more match that won't be against him.

I wonder if he does come back who it will be against? Sting?

Great news about Austin being back in the picture. Hope he does one final match.

Speaking of those damn carnies, WWE just posted this on their Dutch Facebook:
1620970_1560290160860855_2307773438802034047_n.jpg

Cheese isn't even remotely that expensive here really.
You could get 2 tacos in Mexico for about 30¢ USD.

Top Bottom