• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

DMczaf

- Jim Ross has posted a new article on FOX Sports about Brock Lesnar's WWE career. Ross noted in the report that Lesnar told WWE he wouldn't sign a deal until the company offered Shelton Benjamin, his roommate at the time, a deal.

Ross wrote, "The only catch was that we needed to also recruit and offer Brock's Minnesota teammate, Shelton Benjamin, as well. Benjamin was an amazing athlete, and signing the South Carolina native was a blessing as he had a solid WWE career, arguably underutilized in the opinion of some. Plus, he made Brock's transition from the amateurs to the pros much easier. Robinson [Lesnar's wrestling coach] knew Brock could be a challenging athlete to manage, so having Benjamin in the same training camp was a major positive in the development of Lesnar."

The Honorable Beast. ;_;

Gonzalez

Banned
IGN's article about 2k15's delay

HAHA... Guess I was right.

"No, it's because 2K doesn't like to show off gameplay footage."

Yeah I'm sorry but when 2K only gives IGN two entrances to put up on their website during an entire month that is dedicated to previewing your game, then you know damn well there is something wrong with the game.

Sid

The Honorable Beast. ;_;
The Honorable Beat incarnate

fNzXWT6.gif

Seleziya's awesome, I hope she can get her border issues sorted out, would suck to lose her from ROH & AIW.

I heard 5 year ban unless someone important intervenes/she gets a work visa.

Also, I'd like to point out that we live in a world where Brock Lesnar is the best friend a guy could have. Always saving his buddy Paul from harm/firing/injury

kiguel182

I actually liked Raw these week.

Heyman and Cena worked better than last week, mainly because they didn't tease a heel turned but played well with the concept. The whole "they hate you" speech is tiresome so I'm glad they took a different angle.

Best commentary of the night on the Ziggler and Miz match, they really ran with the double concept and it actually worked. Some great and funny material from Cole and JBL (Lawler was is usual self).

I have no idea why they had Reigns vs Rollins and why Reigns went over clean. This was the match I did not get. Why? They are going to face each other at Night Of Champions so why give away the match AND have a clean finish? Just dumb.

The rest of the show was okay and, at least, it didn't bore me to death. Final segment was awful but I've ranted enough about how this nationalistic crap needs to go away.

TNA is giving the wrestlers who have contracts expiring per-day agreements. They don't want to commit to any long-term contracts until a new TV deal is finished. They don't want to deal with the guaranteed money of a contract when they aren't signed for a TV deal yet.

Sucks to work for TNA right now. Unless you're Dixie of course.

Alucard

Banned
DGUSA has an AWFUL and user unfriendly website. The worst part about it is that they had a much easier to navigate site beforehand. It was more stripped down and basic-looking than what they have now, but it was very functional and had a cool underground feel. If that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is a lot of fun. Also, Kikutaro.

Minoru Suzuki, Kikutaro, Issei Fujisawa, Nobutaka Araya, Ryuji Hijikata, Kaz Hayashi, TAKA Michinoku, Nobukazu Hirai, Brute Issei, AKIRA, Akira Raijin, Akira Hokuto & Masanobu Fuchi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNgWdFxamQw

I love battle royales for money!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny that WWE resumed treating their tag titles like shit(shortly after the Usos got them. Who can blame the WWE in that case) because they've been having some great 6 mans the last 2 or 3 years. Probably the best they've ever had. Like the TLC match with Hell No, Ryback, and The Shield

Too bad the non-Bray Wyatts aren't getting the chances The Shield(esp Roman) is getting.

edit: lololol someone made another Destiny OT and wants 'positive opinions only' in it. jfc.

BFIB

I'm really glad I skipped Destiny. I made a thread about having FPS fatigue, doesn't look like that game would have fixed it.

Sephzilla

I'm really glad I skipped Destiny. I made a thread about having FPS fatigue, doesn't look like that game would have fixed it.

I'm in the same boat with shooter fatigue. Because of that I'm specifically trying to stay clear of shooters until the Master Chief Collection comes out in November. Dont wanna burn myself out too soon.

MoosiferX

So last night I was watching RAW while grinding in Final Fantasy XI. RAW did not make the grinding any easier. :(

I think I'll put Nitro on next time. Based on Strobogo's reviews, I at least might chuckle a few times.

Ricochet update

PWInsider.com is reporting that Ricochet's status with WWNLive is still secure despite coming to terms with Lucha Underground. The report says WWNLive released him but that it is being handled that Ricochet will be on shows as long as they don't conflict with LU tapings, similar to how Ricochet is on EVOLVE/DGUSA shows when he's not booked internationally. It is said WWNLive see's it as not much different than before so this shouldn't be an issue going forward.

It was also reported that WWNLive and Dragon Gate offices in Japan are trying to set up dates for the end of the year but are having problems getting the schedules to work out. This at least means there is progress with possible future DGUSA shows.

Just get rid of DGUSA, concentrate on EVOLVE and, if booking schedules allow for it, do some EVOLVE vs Dragon Gate supershows every so often. It's kinda ridiculous pretending DGUSA is still a thing when the only Japanese wrestler to come over in 2014 was Yosuke Santa Maria.

Holy hell are those some stiff strikes. Joshi was the hotness back in the day.

They didn't call Hokuto the 'Dangerous Queen' for nothing. Also, never shake her hand;

irP5cyZ7ZZgD6.gif

Top Bottom