• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

ivPRfxi45ZHJP.gif

"I'm a prize fighter. I come to Monday Night Raw to promote fights."

Brock Da God.

That whole interview, and really every YouTube interview done by Cole (and sometimes Renee), was so fucking good.

Looking at the Night of Champion's card, it's actually quite good on paper - I haven't watched any WWE programming other than NXT for weeks, though, so that might explain why my expectations aren't quite as tainted as some of your's. I definitely think this is the way to go, though. No TV, all PPV. I've seen none of the Steph/Bella stuff since the last PPV, no Cena promos, no aimless Jericho feuds, no Big Show, no Kane, no idea what the fuck Rollins is doing here or why;

MXom1Ed.gif

It's better this way, friends.

somedevil

Bad Writing. The card right now is good on paper:

Lesnar vs Cena
Rhodes Brothers vs Usos
Ziggler vs Miz
Sheamus vs Cesaro
Rusev vs Henry
Rollins vs Reigns
Orton vs Jericho
Paige vs AJ vs Nikki

Plus don't worry the next NXT pay per view is in December. Also, helps that Ambrose comes back Sunday, Bryan in Nov/Dec and BNB is back in December.

Plus got to repost this:

His explanation of Hideo Itami is that he was trying to honor his hero. I guess Mitsuharu Kobashi was taken. Actually, Hideo is for Hideo Nomo. Itami is from the Akatsuki leader from Naruto Manga.

So KENTA reads Naruto?

Bu Ku Dao has potential. None of those broads could ever replace Veronica.

And Sami is never winning the NXT title. Even though it is more over in importance and booking than US/IC.
And Meltzer is way off with that Itami part. That's not true at all. Someone must've PMed him that and he did no fact checkimg.

Ultratech

Looking at the Night of Champion's card, it's actually quite good on paper - I haven't watched any WWE programming other than NXT for weeks, though, so that might explain why my expectations aren't quite as tainted as some of your's. I definitely think this is the way to go, though. No TV, all PPV. I've seen none of the Steph/Bella stuff since the last PPV, no Cena promos, no aimless Jericho feuds, no Big Show, no Kane, no idea what the fuck Rollins is doing here or why;

It's better this way, friends.

Yeah...given how the last few weeks have been, you're much better off.

Ithil

The Nomo thing sounds legit. I mean, first Japanese player to move to the US and make it big in MLB sounds like a good hero for a guy hoping to be the first big Japanese star in the WWE. And KENTA is a baseball fan if I recall.

The other name sounds like it was just picked to be the surname to me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think even Lord Sina would give up if he had to make graphs using Excel ;_;

Microsoft are fucking carnies forcing this shit down our throats.

Umm, Excel is still leaps and bounds better than any other free or paid spreadsheet program ever. It's the real reason to buy Office and always has been. Any business that needs spreadsheets at all still uses it over all its alternatives, usually after attempting to switch to some alternative to try and break free of the expense of Office.

They always come crawling back, like Vince to John Cena.

somedevil

The Nomo thing sounds legit. I mean, first Japanese player to move to the US and make it big in MLB sounds like a good hero for a guy hoping to be the first big Japanese star in the WWE. And KENTA is a baseball fan if I recall.

The other name sounds like it was just picked to be the surname to me.

Itami does mean Pain in English which does fit his style. I just want to know where Meltzer got this information from about him getting it from a manga.

Also, TNA edited out this line from Kenny King:

The line about him lying on the ground just like when his leg got blown off.

Thank god

Alucard

Banned
Listening to Cowboy Bill Watts on JR's podcast. REALLY good and lots of interesting and juicy sound bites for wrestling fans old and new. Watts talks and talks and Ross just sits back and lets him.

Some of the good stuff...

-puts over Shawn Michaels as someone who could sell
-says selling is dead today and that wrestling is just guys taking turns getting their shit in
-buries Cena/Wyatt and Brock/Taker at Mania XXX...says Brock/Taker was a stinker and that Taker's haircut was a bad choice 'cause it makes him look older

RP912

Banned
I'm indifferent when it comes down to Watts. He was behind that awesome vader push yet he said what he said and was too stuck in his old ways.

He seem like the type that would have hogan jobbed out to disco inferno for shits and giggles.

Umm, Excel is still leaps and bounds better than any other free or paid spreadsheet program ever. It's the real reason to buy Office and always has been. Any business that needs spreadsheets at all still uses it over all its alternatives, usually after attempting to switch to some alternative to try and break free of the expense of Office.

They always come crawling back, like Vince to John Cena.

Matlab is a billion times better for graphs. Though it technically isn't a spreadsheet program, it's still better at being one than Excel.

That image from Raw of Sandow and Miz both lying there selling Dolph's finisher even though only Miz took it... hahahaha, still cracks me up.

So good, in a pile of shit that legitimately is awesome.

Sanada you asshole! Wait that's manik? What did I miss these last two weeks in TNA? I'm catching up in NXT. Gonna watch takeover probably after TNA. If not tomorrow.

Alucard

Banned
Just started watching Impact on my DVR. I really dig the flavor of TNA's video packages.

Knockouts action to start. I'm cool with it. Madison Rayne's ring gear...nice.

Alucard

Banned
Well, this Knockouts battle royal has been slow and uninteresting.

Edit: And there it is. The crowd didn't care. Wasn't that impressed with Havok's performance. Hope she shows more one-on-one against Gail.

Alucard

Banned
Okay, that Kenny King vs. Chris Melendez match was fun. And Kenny King looked like a total dick. I WANT to see him get his ass kicked after that. Good heat in this angle.

TNA TAPING SPOILER. OMG yesss

Shark Boy is backstage at tonight's TNA Impact Wrestling taping in PA. We are told he is scheduled to wrestle the former Brodus Clay, who debuted last night.

Alucard

Banned
Lashley and Roode getting the athletic competition build in this episode. Damn. Feels like this should have been held off until BFG. Feels like a huge match, and it's fresh.

TNA TAPING SPOILER. OMG yesss

Shark Boy is backstage at tonight's TNA Impact Wrestling taping in PA. We are told he is scheduled to wrestle the former Brodus Clay, who debuted last night.

Did any site get a full write up of yesterdays taping? All I've been seeing is
Brodus Clay debuted.

Alucard

Banned
About to start Homicide vs. Samoa Joe for the X title. Hoping for good things, but wish they would have gotten some mic time or a backstage segment or something to help build this a bit and give it some extra story.

Top Bottom