• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

It was already posted, but got little response, which is a shame as there's a TON of great content on there. Watched the Lou Thesz vs Buddy Rogers match, which I found especially interesting given Lou's comments about Rogers in his book (which I'm reading at present). Because of Roger's two-faced attitude and bad mouthing 'Strangler' Ed Lewis to Thesz, Lou would never agree to give Rogers a pin-fall. They had 60+ matches, according to Lou, and Buddy didn't win one of them. Thesz said that if it was an hour-long draw, it'd be a great match, but if Buddy had to put Lou over he'd be lousy and uncooperative. Suffice to say, the one on the archives is a great match.

Incidentally, the commentator is Russ Davis, who's production company produced the various Chicago wrestling TV shows from the mid-40's to late-60's.

Ah guess the post got a bit buried. And yeah there is so much cool stuff here, reminds me of the French wrestling that came to light a while back, got to love the internet. I've quite liked Rogers so far, really dig his schtick and Verne has been awesome. Only really heard negative things about him (I guess because he stayed on top too long) but seems like he was quite a worker. Davis is just too smooth, love that guy.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, where/when did you get the Lou book? I've wanted that for years but only ever see it used for like 200 bucks.

DMczaf

Same reason Cena wears his merch to a fancy restaurant.

John+Cena+WWE+Superstars+Sandy+Relief+WqwfoSshwc0l.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Cena's suits remind me of when I was like 15 and got a suit for a funeral and it was 2 sizes too big because I still thought wearing bigger clothes would make me look bigger.

somedevil

Supposedly the person in the bunny suit right now is
Sami Zayn

They are using him until they decide who to reveal it to be when the time comes.

Also, they announced the tour for the UK and so far the only NXT talents on the tour is Zayn and Neville. No Hideo as of now. Plus the tapings for Raw and Smackdown will be at Liverpool.

Also, where is the tna spoilers? Was no one there for the tapings?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sephzilla has been future endeavored because he thinks Anita Sarkeesian is a fraud. 7 days. Set your calendars for his CM Punk "quitting" to end.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Scheduling next month to be nWo Month, since we haven't had a themed month in a while.

Everyone who wants to be a part of the fun, start thinking about nWo avatars to sport for a month. It'll be great!

Ultratech

Do you have encyclopedic knowledge on all the jobber matches, or just diva jobbers?

Haha, no.

I do have a pretty good memory though.

Scheduling next month to be nWo Month, since we haven't had a themed month in a while.

Everyone who wants to be a part of the fun, start thinking about nWo avatars to sport for a month. It'll be great!

Hmm...may do that.

Besides, October as nWo month?
That's some cool shit. (My birthday's also that month, so I'm biased.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just bought an AES and some games online. Whatever, I got some money with this new job anywyas, so I can buy Neo Geo TAPES.

I got a deal on Shock Troopers 2 for like 20 bucks.

gurudyne

Sephzilla has been future endeavored because he thinks Anita Sarkeesian is a fraud. 7 days. Set your calendars for his CM Punk "quitting" to end.

Jesus, he even used the phrase "what the masses actually want to hear" in that thread. I think he's tying to Lambda himself for a week long GAF-cation. VacGAFtion? I dunno.

Carnby

Please keep your opinions as sterile and safe as possible. Do not deviate from popular opinion. Be NeoGAF Mod Approved. Because cism.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was watching this 80s documentary, and this dude had Zubas on AND an old school MTV logo shirt.

It was incredible. I've never felt jealousy like I did when I saw that dude.1

gurudyne

Please keep your opinions as sterile and safe as possible. Do not deviate from popular opinion. Be NeoGAF Mod Approved. Because cism.

Please. He went into that thread with the self-righteous condescension befitting a YouTube commenter. He contributed nothing but vague conspiracy threadshitting and got banned. Big surprise.

You can post on OT and Gaming side without getting banned, just learn how not to be a jackass about your opinions. I swear, you guys make this stuff sound so hard.

Carnby

Please. He went into that thread with the self-righteous condescension befitting a YouTube commenter. He contributed nothing but vague conspiracy threadshitting and got banned. Big surprise.

You can post on OT and Gaming side without getting banned, just learn how not to be a jackass about your opinions. I swear, you guys make this stuff sound so hard.

Well then I guess I apologize. I didn't intend for it to come off that way.

2Tuff4Me

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Yeah no. I get banned for talking about TotalBiscuit in a thread that was a TotalBiscuit video
Oh cool, now we can ignore the rest of the institutional racism in policing. I was worried there for a second, glad we're back to the status quo.
We should wait for all the facts that are uncovered by the Police investigating this claim.

That video doesn't prove anything, it depends on how you look at it. For instance, if you play it backwards you see the police helping Mr. Truss and sending him on his way.

This person isn't banned. You're either really ignorant to this stuff, or you're looking the other way whenever people are banned for opinions different than your own. It is not as easy as 'Just learn how not to be a jackass about your opinions.' I don't really care if this gets me banned because post like yours is exact proof of how slanted shit on this site is sometimes.

Fuckin A.

Carnby

Yeah no. I get banned for talking about TotalBiscuit in a thread that was a TotalBiscuit video

This person isn't banned. You're either really ignorant to this stuff, or you're looking the other way whenever people are banned for opinions different than your own. It is not as easy as 'Just learn how not to be a jackass about your opinions.' I don't really care if this gets me banned because post like yours is exact proof of how slanted shit on this site is sometimes.

Look at those comments you quoted. What an asshole. How is that tolerated?

Top Bottom