• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

somedevil

Did any site get a full write up of yesterdays taping? All I've been seeing is
Brodus Clay debuted.

Impact Show 1

*X-Division champion Samoa Joe defeated Austin Aries via submission. Great match.

*MVP with Kenny King defeated Mr. Anderson with Chris Melendez.

*EC3 with Rockstar Spud defeated Eric Young.

*Havoc and TNA Knockouts champion Gail Kim battled to a no contest. During the match, Kim came off the ring apron, was caught by Havoc and slammed to the outside floor mat. The referee threw up the X sign and Kim was brought to the back. Not sure if this was legit or not becuase of what happened during the next show.

The Hardys, The Wolves, and Team 3D set up a Full Metal Mayhem match (TLC) match which will be taped this FRIDAY and I wish I could make it.

Taping 2

*Manik with James Storm defeated Shark Boy. (Shell yeah!)

*Havok defeated Gail Kim for the Knockouts Title. Kim came back out with a heavily bandaged right shoulder. Not sure if that was an injury angle earlier setting up the title change or a legit injury which necessitated a title change.

*Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, and Taryn Terrell had a three way match. Rayne pinned Love.

*Sam Shaw lost to Bram in a Hardcore match.

*James Storm and The Great Sanada defeated Low Ki and Tigre Uno in a great match.

*EC3 fired Rockstar Spud. Spud turned face, but then Brodus Clay came out an laid out Spud. Clay will obviously have a new name.

*Bobby Roode won a 2 on 1 Elimination match defeating first MVP by pinfall and then Kenny King by DQ when Lashley interfered. By stipulations of the match, Roode earned a future title shot by beating both men.

Crowd was HORRIBLE on Tuesday, I'd say 250-400. Total silence at times during promos and during MATCHES! But I'm sure the attendance will pick up as the week goes on.

Tells really nothing on what matches are going to be on Bound for Glory. It seems that the final tag match will be on tv and not the pay per view. Plus it seems attendance was terrible at the show.

Alucard

Banned
Tells really nothing on what matches are going to be on Bound for Glory. It seems that the final tag match will be on tv and not the pay per view. Plus it seems attendance was terrible at the show.

Sounds fun in terms of matches and some stories, but disappointing to hear about the crowd.

somedevil

Bound for Glory will be at Korakuen Hall and they already sold out. They will be fine.

About that. From the Observer:

There was a report this past week that Tickets for Bound for Glory on 10/12 at Korakuen Hall were sold out, but Keiji Muto said that the reports of that being sold out were due to a computer glitch and tickets were still available

Only this can happen to TNA.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Like selling out Korakuen Hall is some big deal, it's basically like selling out the Manhattan Center when set up for a TNA style event.

EDIT: and even that seems beyond TNA.

Alucard

Banned
Oh damn. Commentary really should have sold Roode kicking out of the spear a lot more. First guy to do it during Lashley's title run.

Vylash

Apparently, there's a few new NXT signings....

Zahra Schrieber, a model with no wrestling experience who will apparently be paired with Baron Corbin under the name 'Nicole Winehouse';

Gionna Daddio, Hooters girl and fitness nut with no wrestling experience;

*sigh*

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, I can safely say that Lashley's had the best top title run of any champ in the top 3 North American promotions this year.

Serpentine, I feel ya, bro.

Alucard

Banned
Damn. What a main event. Lashley's run has been GREAT in terms of match quality.

-Hardy
-Aries
-Joe (kinda)
-Roode

3 out of 4 have been PPV-quality bouts, and Lashley's looked fantastic in all of them.

Strobogo manufactures that smut bean breath, you don't have to feel too bad about consuming it so long as you're still paying a monthly wrestling viewing fee to the WWE.

Alucard

Banned
Not the best quality, but Manami Toyota was incredibly gifted.

Toyota%20springboard.gif

Strobogo manufactures that smut bean breath, you don't have to feel too bad about consuming it so long as you're still paying a monthly wrestling viewing fee to the WWE.

Just a few more weeks before I'm rid of that mistake. Then I'll split, just like Heel split but the biggest difference between me and Heel is when I go, I'm burning this flipping community to the ground.

What are some standout songs from the Metal Gear series?

MGS1 Main Theme

MGS1 Encounter

MGS1 Enclosure

MGS1 The Best is Yet to Come

MGS2 Main Theme

MGS2 Yell Dead Cell

MGS2 Who am I Really?

MGS2 Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday

MGS3 Snake Eater

MGS3 Battle in the Base

MGS3 The Fury

MGS3 Don't Be Afraid

MGS3 Way to Fall

MGSPO Calling to the Night

MGS4 Old Snake

MGS4 Drebin

MGS4 White Blood

MGS4 At Dawn

MGS4 Father and Son

MGS4 Here's to You

MGSPW Heaven's Divide

MGSPW Love Deterrence

And I'm still missing a few "bonus" tracks here and there.

I just listed all these MGS songs in chronological order in order of appearance per game. If you don't listen to all of them, not only am I going to beat you, I'm going to beat your ass, friend.

And I'm still missing a few "bonus" tracks here and there.

I just listed all these MGS songs in chronological order in order of appearance per game. If you don't listen to all of them, not only am I going to beat you, I'm going to beat your ass, friend.

...Metal Gear...

Thanks, pal. I've been listening to 'Warhead Storage' on repeat but now I'll go through all of these.

Believe that.

Great list, Bionic. You got everything in there.

now I'm listening to it all. god damn metal gear music is so good

Just listening to the first ten seconds of every song while making the list was giving me goosebumps, man. I'm pretty sure I'm still missing a lot good tracks as well.

Not that I'm defending their hiring practices, but Trish Stratus had no wrestling experience and she turned out OK. The fact is, the WWE wants charismatic good looking athletic people. Frankly, the modeling world is a good place to look and frankly, it's not like there are all of these great woman wrestlers who the WWE are missing out on.

And yeah, basically, every indy company in Japan can sell out Korakeun for a big show. It's not big achievement for TNA>

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Brawl's only huge mistake in picking MGS music was NOT having the vocal version of Snake Eater. The rest of the choices were very...solid.

Top Bottom