• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Punk always struggled to do the move. He should have chose a move that required him to be less ....fat.
tumblr_moqgs9o1M71s8c6nio1_400.gif

njean777

So do we think WWE is stupid enough to give the bet back to our Savior this sunday? Or will they be smart and not ruin everything for once?

jred2k

Perhaps Gabe doesn't think Drew will be around for very long, I could perhaps see him returning to WWE at some point. Meltzer did briefly mention how great Galloway's doing though;

"Drew Galloway is really shining in this group."

I remember reading an interview with him very shortly after he was released and he talked about wanting to be back in WWE sooner rather than later. I wonder if his opinion has changed a little bit give how positive the reaction has been to his work on the indies. I know the WWE paycheck is nice, but I have a hard time believing anyone could be satisfied with being a comedy jobber losing 1-minute matches when they are obviously more talented than that.

On another note, ADR has been gone for over a month and I almost completely forgot he existed. I did get thinking, though, that him not being there may be a reason why Raw has been terrible. He was relied on quite a bit to go out and have a good 15 minute match every week. They weren't memorable matches, but it was one or two less segments a week for the shit-tier writers to have to create.

So do we think WWE is stupid enough to give the bet back to our Savior this sunday? Or will they be smart and not ruin everything for once?

Giving the belt back to Cena not happening is the one thing I'm sure of. Cena could win vai count out or DQ though... but I really think they want to use Brock Lesnar title defenses a PPV/network exclusive spectacle.

He does great PPV numbers. He's a legitimate draw in that market, much more so than Cena, and they have subscriptions to sell. If they make him look too weak, he'll draw less. Hated champs that win clean did great business for the UFC.

Alucard

Banned
I haven't missed ADR at all. Sure, he could put on a decent match (usually filled with a bunch of kicks), but he wasn't memorable at all. Didn't really fit in.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think fitness is the right word here.

Steen is incredibly fit and has been for ages. He's just also fat. Shape perhaps?

That's true. Fat guys can be fit and still have a fat ass. See: Dick Murdoch, Adrian Adonis, Bam Bam, Vader, Yoko (before he got too big), both Natural Disasters, pretty much all of the Anoa'i family.

DiscoJon

Banned
That's true. Fat guys can be fit and still have a fat ass. See: Dick Murdoch, Adrian Adonis, Bam Bam, Vader, Yoko (before he got too big), both Natural Disasters, pretty much all of the Anoa'i family.

88.gif

(I'm gonna keep using this gif for the next week or so)

Alucard

Banned
"Do you know who these guys are, Maggle? They're from NXT!"
"That's right, making their debut here on Raw, it's Spirit Squad 2K15! Haha, these guys are great! They just love having fun!"
"Haha who doesn't love some fun, Maggle?"

"These kids are havin' a great time out here, Maggle!"
"They sure are. And the universe loves them!"
"Well, why wouldn't they, Maggle? These are some special and talented kids!"
"Absolutely. And you can see more of the same type of talent every week on NXT, available on the WWE Network for only...how much?"
*together* "9.99!"

strobogo

Banned
You don't have to be shredded or super jacked to be fit. Ric Flair never had a great body, but how many times did you see him blown up before the late 90s/early 2000s?

Ithil

Or Bray Wyatt. He's fat, but he's super fit, too.

"These kids are havin' a great time out here, Maggle!"
"They sure are. And the universe loves them!"
"Well, why wouldn't they, Maggle? These are some special and talented kids!"
"Absolutely. And you can see more of the same type of talent every week on NXT, available on the WWE Network for only...how much?"
*together* "9.99!"

JBL would just call them weird and be his usual intolerant cunt self.

Hasney

Bullshit finish, build to HIAC

Das it

It feels like the only thing they can do since they've not built anyone else up as a possible challenger. The only guy that's a legitimate contender is Reigns and they're not going to blow their load on a mid-tier PPV.

Oh wait, Big Show is 7'4" so he's always a contender....

jred2k

"OH C'MON, MAGGLE! HOW CAN YOU CHEER FOR ALL THESE FOREIGNERS TAKING AMERICAN JOBS? LOOK AT THAT LITTLE WEIRDO's EARS, HE ISN'T EVEN FROM EARTH! AND THAT ONE FROM CHINA IS EVEN TRYING TO STEAL GOOD-OLD AMERICAN MOVES!"

If the last month of TV is anything to go by that Belt is going back around Cena's weirdly proportioned torso

It's not.

Have you noticed how great that belt looks on Brock? Cena may get robbed, and he's going to come out of this match looking like a legitimate threat to Brock's belt...

but that's Brock's belt. It makes zero business sense to put the belt on Brock for a month and move it back at Night of Champions of all nights.

It made sense to put the belt (or, well, belts) on Cena at MITB given the card at the time. It made sense to put it on Brock at Summerslam.

Cena doesn't get to have the belt whenever he wants. Don't forget that however he feels about a certain superstar coming in or working part time, that Cena is, was, and always will be a company guy first and foremost. Yeah, he might not put people over as well as he could, but if they want the belt on someone else, he's going along with it.

Alucard

Banned
So, this six-man tag between Cesaro/Dust Bros vs. Sheamus/Usos is really damn vanilla.

Edit: The final 2 minutes were the only good part of the match.

Yawn.

Alucard

Banned
Watching the hour 2 Heyman/Cena segment. WTF kind of babyface bullshit is this???

"I'm going to use my fist and make Paul Heyman's teeth disappear!"

Great episode of ROH this week, well recommended; http://rohwrestling.com - the main event of The Young Bucks vs The Briscoes was a lot of fun, not quite as good as Bucks/Addiction from last week, but O'Reilly vs Styles was just awesome. Great singles match, better than any other wrestling you'll see on TV this week, that's for sure and a hell of a performance from both guys.

Styles3.gif

How is Shingo looking these days? Haven't seen one of his matches since...2011?

He's doing pretty well, has his own unit now in MONSTER EXPRESS (Shingo, Tozawa, Uhaa, Ricochet, Yoshino & Shachihoko BOY) and seems fairly popular, but his Dream Gate title runs have been kinda botched - the first, the audience wasn't really behind him and the second, they hated him because he beat CIMA and everyone knew it'd be CIMA's last run on top.

Alucard

Banned
Great episode of ROH this week, well recommended; http://rohwrestling.com - the main event of The Young Bucks vs The Briscoes was a lot of fun, not quite as good as Bucks/Addiction from last week, but O'Reilly vs Styles was just awesome. Great singles match, better than any other wrestling you'll see on TV this week, that's for sure.

He's doing pretty well, has his own unit now in MONSTER EXPRESS (Shingo, Tozawa, Uhaa, Ricochet, Yoshino & Shachihoko BOY) and seems fairly popular, but his Dream Gate title runs have been kinda botched - the first, the audience wasn't really behind him and the second, they hated him because he beat CIMA and everyone knew it'd be CIMA's last run on top.

AJ/O'Reilly was easily the TV match of the week. I'd say Lashley/Roode was a close second.

It feels like the only thing they can do since they've not built anyone else up as a possible challenger. The only guy that's a legitimate contender is Reigns and they're not going to blow their load on a mid-tier PPV.

Oh wait, Big Show is 7'4" so he's always a contender....

I've seen speculation that Rusev is next in line for Cena after Lesnar takes a break.

I've seen speculation that Rusev is next in line for Cena after Lesnar takes a break.

I would so much rather see Rusev vs Brock, but that's obviously not on the cards.

I'm not ready for Rusev to get fed to anyone yet, to be honest, but after Mark Henry, I'm not sure who they could have fail America next.

But, if you must feed Rusev to Cena, leave the belt on Brock while you do it, and let Brock squash a couple of guys like Cesaro, Sheamus, Ryback or whoever else physically looks like they could potentially give him a fight.

Hell, let him squash Big Show. So long as it's a squash.

Top Bottom