• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

I think it makes sense to keep the belt on Brock at least until Rumble. You don't have him squash your top guy in the company to just give it back after a month.

Mr. Sam

I think it makes sense to keep the belt on Brock at least until Rumble. You don't have him squash your top guy in the company to just give it back after a month.

Precisely. They're not having the guy who broke The Undertaker's streak lose the belt in his first title defense, it's just not happening.

tumblr_nc1ofhtF411rg89a6o1_500.jpg

I still am never going to watch TNA but I thought you nerds who do might want to know.

strobogo

Banned
I've become a PPV Casual watcher of wrestling now. I haven't watched a weekly show in any real detail for months >.<

It's really the best way to watch for the last...3 years or so. Yeah, you'll miss a good TV match from time to time, but if they're good enough, you'll hear about them and go watch them.

It's really the best way to watch for the last...3 years or so. Yeah, you'll miss a good TV match from time to time, but if they're good enough, you'll hear about them and go watch them.

Well, if I'm honest it's how I watched the WWF as a kid and really enjoyed it. The PPVs recapped the story, made it look really interesting and then there would often be a good match. Then you'd watch Livewire on the Saturday Mornings and Kevin Kelly/Michael Cole would hype the hell out of the feuds too. Everything was good.

somedevil

Xavier Woods was asked by a fan on Twitter when his "new Nation" stable with Kofi Kingston and Big E will be more than a "house show gimmick." Woods replied:

"No clue man-Ive never been a part of a "new nation" but I do hang with my smart/athletic friends #ThingsInCommon @WWEBigE @TrueKofi

I don't know how to read this. Will the group ever debut on tv? It seems woods doesn't want it to be a new nation rip off but it will be hard to do it.

strobogo

Banned
I think it is really fucking stupid that 3 black guys who are friends can't be anything but a militant black faction rip off. They're all video game nerds. Being black has zero to do with the characters of any of the three. They spend their time playing video games and watching shows from the 90s, not talking about how repressed and under represented they are and how they can physically force change.

jred2k

Xavier Woods was asked by a fan on Twitter when his "new Nation" stable with Kofi Kingston and Big E will be more than a "house show gimmick." Woods replied:

"No clue man-Ive never been a part of a "new nation" but I do hang with naturally gifted beasts #ThingsInCommon @WWEBigE @TrueKofi

Had to fix this quote up for him a bit.

Vylash

Tonight's NXT matches:

Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson vs Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake

Charlotte vs Emma

Hideo Itami vs Justin Gabriel

Baron Corbin vs CJ Parker

Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn vs Titus O'Neil and Tyson Kidd

Bandini

My dumb prediction for NoC... Rollins beats Reigns dirty with help from Orton. Lesnar defeats Cena clean in a pretty even match that leaves them both hurt. Rollins and Orton rush in and finish the job, Rollins cashes in and rolls Lesnar over. Reigns and Ambrose run out to a huge pop, Orton tangles with Reigns while Ambrose hops into the ring... too slow. Rollins gets the 1-2-3, grabs the belt and clocks Ambrose with it, Reigns looks to the ring stunned and Orton hits the RKO off the distraction. Rollins and Orton sleaze their way up the ramp to end the show.

My dumb prediction for NoC... Rollins beats Reigns dirty with help from Orton. Lesnar defeats Cena clean in a pretty even match that leaves them both hurt. Rollins and Orton rush in and finish the job, Rollins cashes in and rolls Lesnar over. Reigns and Ambrose run out to a huge pop, Orton tangles with Reigns while Ambrose hops into the ring... too slow. Rollins gets the 1-2-3, grabs the belt and clocks Ambrose with it, Reigns looks to the ring stunned and Orton hits the RKO off the distraction. Rollins and Orton sleaze their way up the ramp to end the show.

I would love every single thing about that.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW UNCENSORED 1996

• Eddie Guerrero vs Konnan WCW US Championship
  • Steven Regal vs Belfast Bruiser
  • Col. Parker vs Madusa
  • DDP vs The Booty Man
  • The Giant vs Loch Ness
  • Sting/Booker T vs Road Warriors Chicago Street Fight
  • Mega Powers vs Alliance to End Hulkamania Doomsday Cage Match

This show is so bad that an 18 minute Konnan match isn't even close to being the worst match of the show. The only thing worth watching is Regal/FInlay. They beat the shit out of each other. Near the end of the match, Finaly straight up shatters Regal's nose with a full force punch, just a few seconds after blasting him just as hard in the cheek. And after the match, Regal hit one of the loudest/hardest punch/slaps I've ever heard in wrestling. It's rad. Everything else sucked.

The Doomsday Cage match is the dumbest shit in WCW history, which covers a lot of ground. It's just...the worst.

Regal getting his nose splattered across his face:

enewtabie

Seth cashes in at NOC when Cena does that Hustle/Respect slam thing on Lesnar. Heyman distracts Cena and Seth hits the boot of doom on Cena for the belt. Three way match at the next PPV in a cage where Mr Lesnar crushes both and rides that train to Wrestlemania.

Honestly I think Cena just goes evil against Lesnar and still loses

njean777

Giving the belt back to Cena not happening is the one thing I'm sure of. Cena could win vai count out or DQ though... but I really think they want to use Brock Lesnar title defenses a PPV/network exclusive spectacle.

He does great PPV numbers. He's a legitimate draw in that market, much more so than Cena, and they have subscriptions to sell. If they make him look too weak, he'll draw less. Hated champs that win clean did great business for the UFC.

To be honest Lesnar is the most interesting thing right now other than Dean. I don't want Cena to win at all, but I am afraid they will give the belt back to him and ruin everything they have been building with Lesnar.

Idk I think it would be dumb to have Ambrose return just to get beat up again. It would be underwhelming and stupid for him not to beat the shit out of Rollins for what he did to him.

The only thing worth watching is Regal/FInlay. They beat the shit out of each other. Near the end of the match, Finaly straight up shatters Regal's nose with a full force punch, just a few seconds after blasting him just as hard in the cheek. And after the match, Regal hit one of the loudest/hardest punch/slaps I've ever heard in wrestling. It's rad. Everything else sucked.

Right until the end of their in ring careers Regal and Finlay always put on great matches. I remember the 'no storylines' Smackdown after the Crispin Wah Tribute/Wait He Did What? RAW had a good one.

That's a RAW I never expect to end up on the Network incidentally, and only assholes will be upset about it.

HT UK

I hope Cena wins on Sunday purely so Rollins can cash in. Leading to Ambrose/Rollins at HIAC for the belt.

But that will never happen :(

Instead we'll get Cena vs. Rusev in the cell or something.

Carnby

I hope Cena wins on Sunday purely so Rollins can cash in. Leading to Ambrose/Rollins at HIAC for the belt.

But that will never happen :(

Instead we'll get Cena vs. Rusev in the cell or something.

A feud like Cena/Rusev, one with such animosity, deserves a HIAC match.

jred2k

If anybody, for some reason, wants access to full Raws before they go up on the Network, you can find them here: http://wwe.sportsnet.ca/video/

You'll probably need a proxy to view the site from outside Canada and they only seem to keep 4 shows at a time. They have Smackdown and Main Event available as well.

Top Bottom