• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LOL:

Nobody's beating the drop I just got!

nAzrOVq.png

The Tebowbow, best special move name ever?

somedevil

Someone is at TNA tapings and it seems like the past two day its a small crowd that is quiet. Also, it seems they are taping out order because they are holding a tournament to face the winner of the 4 match series
the wolves
but that match is not being taped till Friday.

I bet they came back to that Bethlehem arena because it's probably cheap and the last set of tapings there had a small, but lively crowd. If this crowd is small and quiet, that's going to make for some dire shows.

I think that's part of what has made the NYC shows good, the lively crowds.

Alucard

Banned
Finished the Bill Watts interview on JR's podcast. He harps on Cena's selling and in-ring game A LOT.

"He can't sell."
"His holds look terrible."

He does say he likes Cena and thinks he's "a good kid," but he clearly doesn't think much of him as an overall performer.

strobogo

Banned
They should start running in green screen arenas and just put fans in that way. Or do what AWA did at the end and run in an actual empty studio.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was thinking about TNA this morning, last night's show was probably the best free PPV they had all year (not saying much as the other ones were dreadful) and then thinking that Bound for Glory should be renamed One Night Only:Bound for Glory.

What do I find but that same point being made on Review an Impact.

As predicted, leaping through the ropes variations of moves have become the next over-used indie wrestling thing - watching an AAW show with a dude who does a leaping cutter, a dude who does a leaping neckbreaker and a dude who does a leaping DDT. Also, so many guys are using the fireman carry dropped into a neckbreaker over the knee. Stop it, guys. That's Goto's move.

Also, the commentators making fun of Jim Ross during the crazy 3-way spotfest was fun. "BAH GAWD, will these guys PLEASE slow it down?".

As predicted, leaping through the ropes variations of moves have become the next over-used indie wrestling thing - watching an AAW show with a dude who does a leaping cutter, a dude who does a leaping neckbreaker and a dude who does a leaping DDT. Also, so many guys are using the fireman carry dropped into a neckbreaker over the knee. Stop it, guys. That's Goto's move.

Also, the commentators making fun of Jim Ross during the crazy 3-way spotfest was fun. "BAH GAWD, will these guys PLEASE slow it down?".

A lot of handstand spring boards(like jay lethal) out there

RP912

Banned
Its unfortunate that tna has an amazing roster this year but going through issues with not drawing a reasonable fanbase like the good ole days.

Bobby Roode won the TNA World Title tonight in Bethlehem, PA from Bobby Lashley. The ref for the match was Kurt Angle and he took two bumps before the finish.

Overbooking! Yay!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who's a wrestler who's fun for 5 minutes then you realize that's all they do and lose all interest but somehow are considered quality?

Because that's Double Fine

edit: What the fuck, D4 is out?

Zach

Who's a wrestler who's fun for 5 minutes then you realize that's all they do and lose all interest but somehow are considered quality?

Because that's Double Fine

edit: What the fuck, D4 is out?

Do you have an Xbox One? Can I come over and play D4?

And pffft. Double Fine is great. Psychonauts is one of my favorite games ever. Also, Costume Quest was delightful and my son and I have our whole upcoming Halloween night planned around playing the sequel (and giving out candy, of course). Stop being a butt, butt.

JavyOO7

Dolph Ziggler. I wish I could get into him but I can't. Maybe because he has really bad promo speaking ability and he doesn't sound genuine in the microphone at all. I guess he bumps great?

EDIT: Actually, yeah... no. A lot about him is dumb. His entrance to me is pretty cringe as he leaves gorilla position. Just as he's about to enter the ring, he waits a second and looks at the crowd and says some blubbering non sense, pounds his chest or whatever and points his finger at space I think, and enters the ring. His merch is cringe too. Him and Sina are about neck too neck in the cringe factor. But I think Sina edgies him out. Barely. But at least with Cena I can have fun with it and actually get a few hearty laughs about it after letting it ruminate in my mind for a while. With Ziggler? Nah. Just cringe. Its cringe of the level of "Brieeee Mooooddddddddeeeeeeee!" entrance theme.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol wat:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897458

Super Mario Spikers is a cancelled volleyball/wrestling hybrid game, which was being developed by Next Level Games; the makers of Gamecube title, Super Mario Strikers, and its follow-up, Mario Strikers: Charged. It was planned to be developed for the Nintendo Wii, but never made it far past the initial phases of conceptualisation.

‘It was a wrestling/volleyball hybrid with a game show slant. It was never released and was financed as more of a reward to Next Level for doing such a great job on MSC’

KNe1CgZ.gif

charsace

Finished the Bill Watts interview on JR's podcast. He harps on Cena's selling and in-ring game A LOT.

"He can't sell."
"His holds look terrible."

He does say he likes Cena and thinks he's "a good kid," but he clearly doesn't think much of him as an overall performer.

He's right. Cena's acting is terrible. Cena isn't really a good athlete and it shows in his selling because he just looks so robotic. Hard to be sympathetic to a baby face when his selling looks fake. Selling is what makes a baby face's comeback during the match special. Hogan in his prime was like 6'6, huge, and when he was getting beat on by the heel it looked liked he was gonna die.

When you watch a guy like Ambrose play the baby face his selling is great. You side with him because when the heel is putting the boots to him, Ambrose looks like might not be able to continue the match.

somedevil

TNA Spoilers for 9/18 taping:

Episode 1:

*MVP and Kenny King cut a promo talking about a tag team tournament to be the new number one contenders.

*MVP and Kenny King vs. Samoa Joe and Low Ki. Joe submits King to advance. Pretty long match, nothing special.

*Bram interview. Talking about Devon and Abyss. He calls out Magnus. They are united against their enemies. Devon out and talks about being near Philly and ECW. He says Bully isn't here, but brings out Tommy Dreamer. A brawl occurs. Dreamer and Devon stand tall.

A belt hanger is above the ring. Not sure if it will be for a match or a match promo later on.

*The Hardys defeated EC3 and the former Brodus Clay after multiple Twists of Fate and a swanton on Clay.

*The Beautiful People vs. Madison Rayne and Taryn Terrell. Madison isn't helping out at all. She always ends up away from corner when Taryn tries to tag. Eventually. Rayne goes after TBP briefly, so she is not aligned with them, but takes out Terrell and walks out. TBP win.

*Storm, Manik, and Sanada segment, talking about a Storm coming. He wants to invite another and alls out Davey Richards. Talks about partners holding them back. Eddie Edwards tries to stop it. Says there's no way Davey would do it. Davey angry and says he can talk for himself. Leads to Storm vs Eddie. The story is that Davey is thinking about the offer at ringside, and is going back and forth about it. Arguing leads to Storm winning. No decision made.

*First main event next. Lashley vs Bobby Roode for the title. Kurt Angle guest referee. Lashley dominating most of it. During Roode comeback, Lashley takes out Angle accidentally. Does it again. Fighting outside, another accidental spear on a crew member. After slamming Lashley on ramp, gets two from a regular ref. Low blow by Lashley. Tries using belt, ref stops it. Angle back. Counting sequence. Roode gets three. New TNA champion!

Episode 2:

*Sam Shaw and Britney segment. They talks about turning on Gunner, and start passionately making out. Gunner out, calls them "creepy bastards." Start brawling. Britney helps out and they stand tall after low blow. Shaw then uses a hold while wearing gloves to put him out. Then, more making out.

*Havok vs Gail Kim. Brawling around ringside and on stage before bell. Gail thrown off it. Medics out. Borash was gong to call it off, but Gail refused. Match starts. All Havok. Havok would have won by count out, but wanted to cause more damage. Gail now getting some offense, but havok in control still. Gail jumps off top rope, but is caught in Chokeslam. Havok retains.

Rockstar Spud cut a promo. EC3 and Brodus Clay cmae out to attack, but Eric Young made the save.

Devon and Tommy Dreamer defeated Magnus and Bram in a hardcore match. Devon used my beer to hit Magnus during the match.

Bobby Roode came out for a promo. He was interrupted by the MLK trio. Roode vs. MVP was made for Friday's taping. Lashley not happy about the match.

Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy defeated Samoa Joe and Low Ki in the tag tournament finals. A solid match.

Xplosion Taping: Mr. Anderson and Chris Melendez defeated Robbie E and Jessie.

They are taping out of order because the final match for the tag titles is Friday. This is against the King of Trios so good luck getting more than 400 tomorrow. Plus what the hell is going to be on Bound for Glory?

Alucard

Banned
TNA Spoilers for 9/18 taping:

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

They are taping out of order because the final match for the tag titles is Friday. This is against the King of Trios so good luck getting more than 400 tomorrow. Plus what the hell is going to be on Bound for Glory?

BFG: Wrestle-1 featuring TNA

JavyOO7

Shiaaat. Watching NXT right now and Titus sounds pretty neat on the mic. Though he wasn't staring at the hard camera though. And Tyson is okay on the mic too. He can better add "fact" after his sentences though. Awkward pauses. =p

But the opening segment on NXT so far is so enjoyable. I get so happy watching this show. XD

Big One

Banned
Shiaaat. Watching NXT right now and Titus sounds pretty neat on the mic. Though he wasn't staring at the hard camera though. And Tyson is okay on the mic too. He can better add "fact" after his sentences though. Awkward pauses. =p

But the opening segment on NXT so far is so enjoyable. I get so happy watching this show. XD
I don't get the pause thing either. If wrestlers didn't pause after they said something there wouldn't be any WHAT? chants and if there was it'll fizzle off.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't get the pause thing either. If wrestlers didn't pause after they said something there wouldn't be any WHAT? chants and if there was it'll fizzle off.

That's how the majority of wrestlers cut promos.

Because the majority of wrestlers suck at cutting promos, and apparently WWE thinks the constant pausing is ok. Because Randy Orton has been doing it for years and years and years.

Vylash

NXT I T U S

He's right. Cena's acting is terrible. Cena isn't really a good athlete and it shows in his selling because he just looks so robotic. Hard to be sympathetic to a baby face when his selling looks fake. Selling is what makes a baby face's comeback during the match special. Hogan in his prime was like 6'6, huge, and when he was getting beat on by the heel it looked liked he was gonna die.

When you watch a guy like Ambrose play the baby face his selling is great. You side with him because when the heel is putting the boots to him, Ambrose looks like might not be able to continue the match.

I got two words for ya: Thank. You.

If Tyson doesn't get a major push when he goes back up to the main roster, there is no justice.

Hi everyone. I'm still awake because a graphics card I want to order hasn't released yet.

My wife sat down to watch some of the NVidia thing with me, and I told her it wasn't going to be like a Nintendo direct. The guy doing the product launch gave mathematics a shout out at one point, which got the audience to clap. This is when she went to bed.

Then the presenter spent about ten minutes talking about why the moon landings couldn't have been faked and used single bounce voxel based global illumination to demonstrate how the pictures actually demonstrate exactly what you'd expect to see in space.

Needless to say it was a strange graphics card launch.

Jamie OD

There was a Botchamania episode where a wrestler (Drew Gulag, or Grulak?) kept on getting smarked on. Does anyone here know why?

Was it at a CZW show? If yes then the answer is because he was at a CZW show.

I'm convinced this year's Bound For Glory is nothing more than a rebranded Wrestle-1 show with TNA guys in it. Or maybe more of a TNA international house show that just so happens to have a camera crew there.

Top Bottom