• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

I'm convinced this year's Bound For Glory is nothing more than a rebranded Wrestle-1 show with TNA guys in it. Or maybe more of a TNA international house show that just so happens to have a camera crew there.

It can't be worse than last year's Bound For Glory
ibrL0q4lFAAFCu.gif

Speaking of, who's gonna be making the OT thread for BFG 2014?

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 3/24/96

• Belfast Bruiser vs Randy Savage
  • Konnan vs JL WCW US Championship
  • Disco Inferno vs The Asshole Man
  • Sting/Lex Luger vs American Males WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Ric Flair vs The Giant WCW Championship

Unfocused, nondescript. Kind of like most episodes have been for the past 2-3 months. Not looking forward to the 2 hour shows anymore. If they can't stay focused in an hour, the 2 hour shows are going to be draining.

Recall

Great episode of ROH this week, well recommended; http://rohwrestling.com - the main event of The Young Bucks vs The Briscoes was a lot of fun, not quite as good as Bucks/Addiction from last week, but O'Reilly vs Styles was just awesome. Great singles match, better than any other wrestling you'll see on TV this week, that's for sure and a hell of a performance from both guys.

Styles3.gif

The crowd don't even react to the move. Yes most Indy crowds have already seen it all but c'mon.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESNTS

WCW Monday NItro 3/31/96

• Sting vs The Giant
  • Steiner Brothers vs Road Warriors vs Nasty Boys
  • Arn Anderson/Taskmaster vs Hulk Hogan/Asshole Man
  • Lex Luger vs Ric Flair WCW Championship

The lack of cruisers and new talent in general is very, very noticeable. Alliance to End Hulkamania shit is still going on, despite the most ultimate blow off match possible. These shows are not very enjoyable, which is a far cry for the first 3 months or so, which were fun as shit. Eric and Mongo somehow seem to be getting worse each week. Hall and Nash can not get there soon enough.

Browny

Banned
Finlay looks better 20 year on - cutting the mullet and working out obviously helped a lot. But that was an A tier mullet he was rocking...

Alucard

Banned
Any idea why WWE edits out wrestler's WCW themes in favour of their WWE themes on old WCW videos? Makes zero sense to me unless their are legal issues. I can only guess it's another example of trying to change history.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, I'm watching Formula 1 through pay-tv now and they have an online feed that's pretty awesome, basically it allows you to view 6 different streams: the regular race feed, an on-board camera, a highlights feed, a pit lane feed and a driver tracker (shows the track and where each driver is in real time) and live timing feed, it gives you the option to watch up to 4 at the same time:
clipboard0138uo4.jpg

It's pretty awesome, WWE should get on this for the Network for PPV's, give us 3 or 4 different camera views (hard camera, side of the ring, over the shoulders of the announcers, wide-overhead shot), a constant replay feed showing big moves, show us a backstage feed of wrestlers getting ready in gorilla, Vince and Trips or Kevin Dunn in the production truck with continuous backstage interviews/segments cutting into it. Shit like that would be pretty awesome, not that cost-intensive (since the camera's are shooting anyways and they do the interview stuff for the App anyways) and would be a great selling point for the Network.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm watching Formula 1 through pay-tv now and they have an online feed that's pretty awesome, basically it allows you to view 6 different streams: the regular race feed, an on-board camera, a highlights feed, a pit lane feed and a driver tracker (shows the track and where each driver is in real time) and live timing feed, it gives you the option to watch up to 4 at the same time:

It's pretty awesome, WWE should get on this for the Network for PPV's, give us 3 or 4 different camera views (hard camera, side of the ring, over the shoulders of the announcers, wide-overhead shot), a constant replay feed showing big moves, show us a backstage feed of wrestlers getting ready in gorilla, Vince and Trips or Kevin Dunn in the production truck with continuous backstage interviews/segments cutting into it. Shit like that would be pretty awesome, not that cost-intensive (since the camera's are shooting anyways and they do the interview stuff for the App anyways) and would be a great selling point for the Network.

Why would WWE want you to view anything other than their chosen angles and presentation? No thanks.

Also Formula 1 looks pretty stupid.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why would WWE want you to view anything other than their chosen angles and presentation? No thanks.

Also Formula 1 looks pretty stupid.

F1 is oddly enough alot like wrestling. They often have a few seasons where there's a "Cena" type of dominance, where one team and one driver are so overpowered they just can't be beaten. And they often have knee-jerk type of reactions when this happens, so to get better ratings they introduce batshit crazy rules at the last minute (and sometimes reverse them outta nowhere just as quickly), like introducing double points in the last couple of races so the championship isn't decided before the last race or suddenly banning all radio comms between driver and team between races because drivers get too much info about their teammates car set-ups and then changing it less than a week later because of the shitstorm it got.

But most importantly: It's also ran by an old millionaire dictator that has a complete disconnect with his much younger audience.

Browny

Banned
But most importantly: It's also ran by an old millionaire dictator that has a complete disconnect which his much younger audience.

This a thousand times over. Bernie and Vince have a lot in common, although Bernie is more blatant in his 'cism.

Edit: holy crap Bootaay, it's just after lunchtime...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
F1 is oddly enough alot like wrestling. They often have a few seasons where there's a "Cena" type of dominance, where one team and one driver are so overpowered they just can't be beaten. And they often have knee-jerk type of reactions when this happens, so to get better ratings they introduce batshit crazy rules at the last minute (and sometimes reverse them outta nowhere just as quickly), like introducing double points in the last couple of races so the championship isn't decided before the last race or suddenly banning all radio comms between driver and team between races because drivers get too much info about their teammates car set-ups and then changing it less than a week later because of the shitstorm it got.

But most importantly: It's also ran by an old millionaire dictator that has a complete disconnect with his much younger audience.

i39c6SrrVuhoq.gif

Did anyone ever play the AAA game? Was it awful?

It was bad. You could hit any move and the opponent would just pop right back up. It made jumping off the turnbuckle moves a pain in the ass. They also made everyone look as if they were in way better shape than they are, Konnan was shredded.

The best comparison would be to Impact but Impact was a way better game.

I really hop King of Trios gets a DVD release, I'm really not sure why it isn't an iPPV if it's their biggest event.....

Hrm? Of course it will. Smart Mark Video puts everything on DVD. The MP4s/streaming help too.

The official reason for it not being an iPPV=3 days of iPPV is too much, it's too stressful, TNA talent, etc.

...Quote for my actual reasoning.

Is anyone watching CMLL tonight? It's their 81st Anniversary Show and is streamed for free online. Here's details on how to get the show; http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/?p=31732 and a preview courtesy of CubsFan; http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/?p=31756

Card;

CMLL, "81st Anniversario", 2014/09/19
Arena Mexico

8:30PM Mexico | 09:30PM East Coast | 02:30AM UK

1. Blue Panther, Cachorro & Dragon Lee vs Felino, Puma & Tiger
2 .Luchadora Cibernetico: Goya Kong vs Estrellita vs Marcela vs Princesa Sugehit vs Amapola vs Zeuxis vs Tiffany vs Dallys la Caribeña
3. Máscara Dorada, Valiente & Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Mr. Niebla & Thunder
4. Hair vs Hair: Rey Cometa vs Cavernario
5. CMLL Tag Titles: Negro Casas & Shocker (c) vs La Máscara & Rush
6. Mask vs Mask: Atlantis vs Último Guerrero

Going to be tough staying awake, but I think I'll give it a shot. Would like to watch some luchalibre live for once.

Top Bottom