• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

How's the build up to this PPV been? Have not watched WWE since Summerslam (NXTs not included), and wondering how we got here.

Going with Brock/Cena again seems a bad idea, as they cannot do anything of import with the match... same beatdown again would be boring, and Cena looking strong ruines the monster heel Brock was coming out of Summerslam.

In fact I see nothing worth watching tonight, but it is a "Free" Sky Sports PPV, so I cannot say no.

Also watching because it's free, for better or for worse.
I'm not so sure that the PPV has been so much built towards as it has been lobbed together in the usual WWE fashion.
Though at some point in the last 2 weeks or so Rusev and Henry became a thing that managed to close out both Raw and Smackdown this week for some reason so there's that I guess, there was a lot of patriotic business involved so I lobbed it in the fast forward with pretty much everything else.

Though I do hope Cena/Brock is more like an standard match this time around, while Cena's destruction at SS was incredibly cathartic I don't need to see it again.

somedevil

Does explain the weird booking on Monday, though, if they were aware something was up.

Nope, that was just questionable booking. His injury just happened. So he is gone right now for 6 weeks.

They have to be praying Bryan is ready for Survivor Series.

edit: For anyone interested here is the current Favorites according to the betting lines:

Miz
AJ
Goldust and Stardust
Rusev
Orton
Lesnar
Sheamus

Thats why he is ready to save the WWE

images

Yes_yes_yes.gif

Ambrose right behind my favorite, Daniel Bryan. Can't wait for his return tonight.

RBH

I have a $25 gift card for the WWE Shop that expires on September 30th, and I'm trying to figure out what to spend it on.

I was thinking about using it for the Sting Blu-Ray, but I wanted to get some other suggestions (preferably Blu-Rays since all of the t-shirts, clothing, etc look embarrassing).

I have a $25 gift card for the WWE Shop that expires on September 30th, and I'm trying to figure out what to spend it on.

I was thinking about using it for the Sting Blu-Ray, but I wanted to get some other suggestions (preferably Blu-Rays since all of the t-shirts, clothing, etc look embarrassing).

Paul HEYMAN doc was really good

Also watching because it's free, for better or for worse.
I'm not so sure that the PPV has been so much built towards as it has been lobbed together in the usual WWE fashion.
Though at some point in the last 2 weeks or so Rusev and Henry became a thing that managed to close out both Raw and Smackdown this week for some reason so there's that I guess, there was a lot of patriotic business involved so I lobbed it in the fast forward with pretty much everything else.

Though I do hope Cena/Brock is more like an standard match this time around, while Cena's destruction at SS was incredibly cathartic I don't need to see it again.

Henry closing shows seems interesting. He has the talent to talk up a feud. Is he only given that place due to Brock not contacted for enough shows to hype the main event though - or is that no longer a thing?

I cannot say I am too interested in the match though - as two big guys going one on one rarely work in WWE.

Is there any repappaence of Nation 2.0 yet? Maybe Henry can join when he loses

Fantasy Booking: Angle v Rusev @ Wrestlemania 31 would be awesome! If it was Angle comeback match, and Rusev went unbeaten til then

I think Cena/Brock could be interesting in Cena plays a heel role in the match. He does have to turn heel, but been forced to be the bad guy to get the best of Lesnar might make the match fun.

Vylash

shut up and buy the shirt

strobogo

Banned

W07756.jpg

W07757.jpg

91299.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
With Bryan still out and now Reings out for a couple of months, I expect some major roster juggling pretty soon. Unfortunately that means Jericho, Show, Henry and Kane will still be wrestling into 2015.

WWE needs to back up a truck full of money to Punks house and beg.

Vylash

With Bryan still out and now Reings out for a couple of months, I expect some major roster juggling pretty soon. Unfortunately that means Jericho, Show, Henry and Kane will still be wrestling into 2015.

Punk isn't worth the baggage, save us NXT

somedevil

Jericho is leaving after tonight. Henry, Show and Kane have contracts that go past 2014.

Plus right now Ambrose come back tonight. Bryan is possibility coming back in Nov. Wade is back in December.

Plus Punk does not need money and won't come back for it. It also helps they have like 6 guys in NXT that is main roster ready.

imBask

Banned

if only WWE had some kind of youngster show with a great roster to feed Raw with superstars...

or maybe some kind of great mid card roster waiting for a push

haha what am I saying, give the belt to Cena

Verendus

Banned
This is why they should've handed Batista the title after Bryan was injured in May.

He goes part-time after to generate even more heat until GOTG promotions are done, only appearing for PPVs like MITB, Battleground and Summerslam. Maybe on one Raw between those PPVs. Then carries on carrying the company on his back until Bryan returns and they set up their match for Wrestlemania 31.

Brotista would do it. And in the process hopefully eliminate Cena, Big Slow and McBane.

Twitter dumbass says "Cena is and will always been the true WWE Champ." Motherfucker lost the title clean.

Yeah, he lost the title clean to a mercenary that wrestles for money. A man who had, at the time, participated in a grand total of one match this year against a man who's here every darn week performing his butt off for the WWE Universe, whether they love him or hate him. He lost the title clean to a man he defeated soundly in 2012, bringing his record against him to 1-1. But don't worry, you'll get want you want tonight. That record will creep up to 2-1 in Brock Lesnar's favor because tonight, John Cena's not interested in beating Brock Lesnar, he's interested in beating Brock Lesnar's a**.

I'll look forward to reading your comments after tonight's match, jack.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Punk isn't worth the baggage, save us NXT

The 4 guys in NXT takeover main event are more entertaining than pretty much everyone on the main roster, agreed, but lets be real. They bring up Tyler Breeze now, he's gonna be Rico part two, stylist for the Miz.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I'm all for calling up somebody like Tyler Breeze, but only if they have something for him to do. They haven't handled their last few call ups all that well, like Bo and Adam Rose. Although Rose sucks, so that's whatever.

kirblar

I'm not exactly familiar with incarcerated hernia's but they wouldn't have made him wrestle with it on RAW only to withdraw him from the PPV surely?
It seems like they knew something was up and were prepared to have him not wrestle Sunday, but that they didn't know it was this bad.

WWE really sucks right now i can't even watch RAW as a background show anymore. Not even Dean Ambrose Diesel theme or those jobbers in NXT can save this company

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Supposedly he spoke with HHH about a return and HHH blew him off. Then he went above HHH to Vince which pissed HHH off even further. I'd love to see Angle back in the WWE. Angle vs Daniel Bryan is still a dream match.

WWE told Angle to fix his personal life and addictions when they let him go in 2006. He responded by going to TNA and becoming even more fucked up (even with the comparatively lenient schedule)

I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole if I were Vince.

We're gonna get a DQ or no contest in Brock/Cena, aren't we?

I can see Cena applying the STFU, Brock gets to the ropes but Cena won't let go, gets DQ'd, then we get "Cena is SRS BUSINESS NOW!" with Brock showing "fear" and the only way to settle this is at Hell in a Cell!

Golddust is in black face. Is gaf ok with this, or will they melt down?

If Strobogo stays quiet about this then he is the biggest hypocrite in this thread after all he's said about Roddy Rowdy Piper, who had the same amount of black paint on his face as Goldust.

Top Bottom