• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Dunno if this has been discussed, but Kurt Angle's contract with TNA supposedly ends today.

Hopefully he's clean enough to come back to WWE. Angle v Brock for a few weeks would be great

They should have a stretcher match…

As in Kurt Angle arrives to the ring being pulled on a stretcher because that's the type of shape he's in right now.

dream

Kurt Angle returning to WWE, making WWE-money and being able to afford WWE-drugs, would certainly give me something to root for.

I love stone cold

I don't think I like his podcast

I only started listening recently as my commute to work doubled to 40 minutes each way. So I stick on the Steve Austin show while driving to work, since I am the working man, and the adverts don't bother me. They aren't any worse than the regular ads I hear on the radio and he has amazing content in between.

The episode where he is just describing his new RV made me realise that I'd listen to Stone Cold read the phone book and the guy could still make it entertaining. Such a genuine love for the business and an entertaining personality. Some of the interviews are hit and miss, but that's what's going to happen with his relatively short run time.

I've worked my way up to mid-Febuary of 2014 - Steve still hopes Punk will come back for Wrestlemania 30...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really don't see the problem with Stone Cold's podcast other than the usual internet's constant paranoia of being advertised to. Like being advertised to or offered something makes people vomit with rage.

It's a hell of a lot better than JR's or Jericho's fake ass.

Hasney

I believe Bret Hart saying to Goldberg before that match "please don't hurt me" as much as I believe Ted Turner's mission in life was to destroy Vince McMahon and the Montreal Screwjob being the only logical way to take the title off of Bret.

Dudes a crybaby, he probably said it before every match.

strobogo

Banned
To be fair to Goldberg, Bret was extremely injury prone for his entire run in WCW. He got hurt in almost every match. For real. He spent most of his 2 years in WCW hurt. And really he had been injured for a lot of 1997 before he went to WCW.

He was also injured in matches with TMF, Benoit, DDP, Sting, and Lex.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair to Goldberg, Bret was extremely injury prone for his entire run in WCW. He got hurt in almost every match. For real. He spent most of his 2 years in WCW hurt. And really he had been injured for a lot of 1997 before he went to WCW.

That Lex match is the most depressing thing in my entire WCW PPV run.

Showaddy

Dunno if this has been discussed, but Kurt Angle's contract with TNA supposedly ends today.

Hopefully he's clean enough to come back to WWE. Angle v Brock for a few weeks would be great

I'm sure they're happy to give him a non-compete contract and pay his medical bills but Kurt's neither clean nor medically fit enough to step into a WWE ring. Issue is Kurt wants to wrestle and they're not going to let him do that.

Slizeezyc

Well the first match they had Page shot on King, and screwed him out of his title. The second match was a complete shoot.

Wrestling is a work in the RtR universe. But like in real life, wrestlers from time, to time will take liberties with their opponent. It's just in the RtR universe wrestlers can lose their card position when someone shoots on you with the blessing of the promoter.

Best post of the New New NeoGaf Generation so far.

Anyone know what this gif is from? Is it from a ppv?

tumblr_mtysu8wqCg1qzx70zo1_250.gif

Sabucin

Can someone tell me how much time left for Night of Champions PPV, please?
I always go to WWE.com to check the countdown, but it got drunk:

wut.jpg

Is the setup for this move, that is positioning your opponent on the mat against the bottom turnbuckle, as convoluted and nonsensical as the 619? Or do they do it as tastefully and believable as Zack Ryder's Broski Boot?

It's Shibata's move, so it's pretty much the opposite of convoluted - he whips them into the corner and then repeatedly elbows them until they fall down;

http://www.gfycat.com/SickBoldKillifish

u wot, m8?

New Japan refs show a fair amount of discretion when it comes to DQ's, these days it only ever happens as a last resort.

I suspect we'll see a disqualification in tonight's main event. Wouldn't be upset in the slightest if Cena repeatedly elbows Lesnar's face while ref Charles Robinson and Paul Heyman try desperately in vain to separate them and save Brock's skull from being caved in.

Carnby

Bret broke his hand legit punching McMahon. That was his first WCW injury. Bret was legit kicked in the head by Goldberg. Real kicks in the head from living breathing pieces of crap (Bill Goldberg) tend to cause concussions.

strobogo

Banned
Bret broke his hand legit punching McMahon. That was his first WCW injury. Bret was legit kicked in the head by Goldberg. Real kicks in the head from living breathing pieces of crap (Bill Goldberg) tend to cause concussions.

So what about all the other injuries he got in WCW from guys who didn't injure people

Brinbe

Wow, they're not playing the PPV in theaters here for the first time in forever, good thing I checked before I left to go! =\

Nakamura getting the IC belt again is pretty lame. He can't escape it . Does nothing for him or the belt. Would have been nice for someone like GOTO or Shibata to get it

Supposedly he spoke with HHH about a return and HHH blew him off. Then he went above HHH to Vince which pissed HHH off even further. I'd love to see Angle back in the WWE. Angle vs Daniel Bryan is still a dream match.

At last night's Limp Bizkit show in San Antonio Fred Durst mentioned to the live audience that The Undertaker wasn't doing real well.

“This next song goes out to our friend Mark Calaway, The Undertaker. He’s not doing real well right now and we want all our fans to keep him in their thoughts and prayers”.

The band then went on to play "Rollin"

Nakamura getting the IC belt again is pretty lame. He can't escape it . Does nothing for him or the belt. Would have been nice for someone like GOTO or Shibata to get it

Shibata has a win over Nakamura from the G1, give it a few months to build and that could be the IC title match for Wrestle Kingdom right there, with Okada vs Styles in the main event. Assuming Styles is still champion, that is - Naito & Tanahashi both have wins over him and I'd bet on those being AJ's defences at King of Pro-Wrestling and Power Struggle.

RBH

At last night's Limp Bizkit show in San Antonio Fred Durst mentioned to the live audience that The Undertaker wasn't doing real well.

“This next song goes out to our friend Mark Calaway, The Undertaker. He’s not doing real well right now and we want all our fans to keep him in their thoughts and prayers”.

Wait what.

Gonzalez

Banned

Hmmmmmm... He actually didn't look all that well in that picture someone posted a little while back.

How's the build up to this PPV been? Have not watched WWE since Summerslam (NXTs not included), and wondering how we got here.

Going with Brock/Cena again seems a bad idea, as they cannot do anything of import with the match... same beatdown again would be boring, and Cena looking strong ruines the monster heel Brock was coming out of Summerslam.

In fact I see nothing worth watching tonight, but it is a "Free" Sky Sports PPV, so I cannot say no.

Top Bottom