• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Is wwe pushing a best of seven series between swagger and bo? I'm down with that.

Also, Harper needs to turn on Wyatt in the coming months. He has a lot of talent and needs to breakaway from Rowan. This would also give Wyatt a chance to evolve.

Alucard

Banned
This world is one of sadness. Battle brings death. Death brings sorrow. The living may not hear them. Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake - the dead... are not silent.
crazybray.gif

Bray should really be Bionic's fave of all time. His promos are about the quality of MGS scripts.

Life is about cycles. We find ourselves in the crucible of change wherever we are and whenever we are truly awake. As the seasons change, we follow suit. And we see as the sky sees: from above. Looking down on ourselves.

RP912

Banned
Old Man Taker should be apart of the wyatt family as sort of a mentor. He can bring them out the fiery depths of cena burial in no time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am the Fury... The flames of my rage will incinerate you! I came back from space, and as I returned, I had one vision... the world set ablaze! And do you know what I saw? Fury! A great and terrible fury at being alive! Now you will feel the scorching heat of that horrible blackness!
Bray-Wyatt.png

Alucard

Banned
In the dreams of children, we witness true humanity. We witness the deepest and darkest parts of ourselves. The fear that makes us tremble. Like an earthquake. And I am that earthquake inside you. I am that fiend inside your mind and inside your dreams. For you are a child, and I have made you such. For you are a child, and your dreams...are mine.

images

You know what gimmicks I'd wish they'd bring back?

1. Announcers saying that the winners of single matches won a "bigger purse" than the losers.

2. Rankings for contenders for title shots. E.g. Cesaro is the number 1 contender for the U.S. title, and Zak Ryder beating him 'outta nowhere!' not only drops Cesaro down a few ranking spots, but pushes Ryder into the top 15 contendership for the U.S. title.

Just those two things would give a lot more story telling options..

Alucard

Banned
Let's look at some Raw reviews from around the internet...

Prowrestling.net
Powell's POV: Not even the decapitated head of Gwyneth Paltrow being inside the box could have saved this from being a three hour bore fest. Everything felt flat. They didn't even bother to put over Brock Lesnar or the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I know he wasn't in the building, but couldn't they have taped a promo with Lesnar or Paul Heyman? WWE really needs to shake things up because this product is flatter than Chyna before the surgery.

PWTorch.com
FINAL THOUGHTS: Dreadful follow-up to Night of Champions. WWE was back to lifeless booking and presentation from before Night of Champions, even with the exciting and refreshing Dean Ambrose back on the show. There was also nothing on one of the biggest stories of the PPV last night - Paul Heyman/Brock Lesnar's reaction to the main event finish and Seth Rollins's teased cash-in. WWE can follow up in future weeks, but it won't have the same pull as the night after a PPV. Very odd to see WWE not capitalize on opportunities they had coming off PPV Sunday. Finally, Cena & Ambrose chasing Rollins for the next few weeks leading into the next PPV could make for good TV, but how soon until WWE makes The Chase feel stale via over-exposure in the Three-Hour Raw environment?

So how was Raw, guys. I see y'all managed a solid 15 pages or so. Must've been a typical follow up to an average PPV. However, the new Transformers is reaaaaaal dope. #2 blockbuster of the year (it's still no Edge of Tomorrow).

Wait, so Ziggler won the title back? What was the point of Miz winning it in the first place? They've done this with Miz twice now. Are they trying to make the midcard belt title changes unpredictable because everyone knows Brock isn't dropping it until next year?

Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music, literature and movies... what we've seen, heard, felt ...anger, joy and sorrow... these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for.

We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The human race will probably come to an end some time, and new species may rule over this planet. Earth may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of life we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.

20131010_EpicCena_EP_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wait, so Ziggler won the title back? What was the point of Miz winning it in the first place? They've done this with Miz twice now. Are they trying to make the midcard belt title changes unpredictable because everyone knows Brock isn't dropping it until next year?
Stop.
Look me in the face.
Ok?
The WWE doesn't care about anything relating to the midcard titles. At all.

It's like worrying what the long-term goals of Sable and Marc Mero's feud was.

Cagey

Banned
Watched 30 minutes of 3 hour show and felt like I could have skipped all of what I watched. It's awful right now, because the parts that aren't bad are boring, which is even worse.

Verendus

Banned
Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Verendus. I am the one, behind the one, in All-In-One. And I am posting here today as an advocate for my client, the one in the Age of One, X-Baaaaaaaaawx One.

Now, you may have heard that the WWE Network is available for only $9.99, and I'm here to remind you that it can be viewed on the one in All-In-One, Xbox One. All you have to do is download the free WWE app from the Apps Marketplace.

Stop.
Look me in the face.
Ok?
The WWE doesn't care about anything relating to the midcard titles. At all.

It's like worrying what the long-term goals of Sable and Marc Mero's feud was.

I know that, but it seems less characteristic than normal. Like at least with the past few champs (maybe minus Axel) they kinda pretended that the IC champ was gonna get a good, solid push

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Verendus. I am the one, behind the one, in All-In-One. And I am posting here today as an advocate for my client, the one in the Age of One, X-Baaaaaaaaawx One.

Now, you may have heard that the WWE Network is available for only $9.99, and I'm here to remind you that it can be viewed on the one in All-In-One, Xbox One. All you have to do is download the free WWE app from the Apps Marketplace.
mqdefault.jpg

SHUT UP!!!

DtIpcYa.gif

Verendus

Banned
For only $9.99, and viewable on the one in All-In-One. You can also become part of the Age of One.

Never forget. Dreams, passions, excitement, entertainment, life. All of it. In one.

Vylash

just skimmed raw since Ziggler winning was a good time to leave, and my god what an awful looking show, how are Paige and AJ still feuding? they've been going since april, APRIL

...and where the fuck is Bray?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
The crowd is one of the most boring crowds to have a Raw this year. Sure, the card wasn't the best, but man, I miss the Attitude era crowds who were hot for the mid-card and not just the main event. Even the lower card and jobbers received awesome crowd reactions back then. From Al Snow to Val Venis to Godfather to even the Oddities, the crowds were fun and contributed to the atmosphere. Nowadays they are as sterile as many of the gimmicks WWE gives to their wrestlers.

zychi

Banned
The crowd is one of the most boring crowds to have a Raw this year. Sure, the card wasn't the best, but man, I miss the Attitude era crowds who were hot for the mid-card and not just the main event. Even the lower card and jobbers received awesome crowd reactions back then. From Al Snow to Val Venis to Godfather to even the Oddities, the crowds were fun and contributed to the atmosphere. Nowadays they are as sterile as many of the gimmicks WWE gives to their wrestlers.
I said this earlier:

Just to tell everyone the next two weeks they are in Chicago and Brooklyn so expect great crowds.

Why you gotta do that? Once the crowd is terrible from the lack of interesting storylines, the cities get a bad rep

Top Bottom