• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Watched some old ROH last night, forgot how much fun Second City Saints era Punk was - he came across as genuinely unhinged, not only in his promos, but in his reckless actions as he tried to destroy Raven. The matches in that feud were nothing special, but the feud still put Punk on the map because he had an intensity and believability to his work. Dude was awesome, owes a lot to Raven for helping make him though. Elsewhere on the show, AJ Styles wrestled Paul London for the ROH no.1 contender's trophy. Awesome match that still holds up very well - things got a little sloppy towards the end, both men physically exhausted, but this only played into the storyline of the match, namely; AJ and London don't have any reason to dislike one another, but right from the start it's clear that neither is a fan of the other man, so things only get more and more heated as the match progresses.

London.gif

Styles2.gif

Styles3.gif

Punk.gif

Punk1.gif

*edit, main event for King of Pro-Wrestling, which New Japan confirmed will be on Ustream;

AJ Styles (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

I was just gonna list the kids from It!, but felt that was cheating since they're adults for half of it (but the kids parts are the best part of the series) and it's technically a miniseries.

Those aren't the kids from It.

I will always hate Robocop 3 for what it did to Fred Dekker's career. Night of the Creeps... Monster Squad... the guy would have done so much more good stuff.

Hasney

Guys, there's people singing the praises of Raw 2 in the 2k15 thread and I feel like I've woken up in a bizarro world. No wonder the current games sell so well if that was acceptable at any point.

Gonzalez

Banned
Right, be quiet now or I'll have to dig up my Dreamcast and all the VMUs with all the downloaded moves on them and I'll be heartbroken if I lost any.
Quick question... I've been meaning to get a imported Dreamcast just to play Giant Gram, is it worth it?

Hasney

Quick question... I've been meaning to get a imported Dreamcast just to play Giant Gram, is it worth it?

No. Get a local one and burn a boot disc. I've got Giant Gram on my PAL console working nicely!

It's fun, but King of Colosseum still is the best 3D wrestling game.

Gonzalez

Banned
It's fun, but King of Colosseum still is the best 3D wrestling game.

I always say to myself... "Why bother spending your money on blank when you know KoC 2 is the best". I still somehow spend money on crap like All-Star Wrestling, and the mediocre first KoC game.

Hasney

It's nice to have variation. Usually switch between DoR 2 and 2k14 for multiple (because despite its flaws, it is fantastic 4 player with beer and TLC) and Fire Pro & KOC2 for single player. No Mercy is used for both still, with updated rosters and texture mods.

Gonzalez

Banned
I bet when WWE/2K Approached Kid Rock about using BAWITABAW even he was like, 'What the fuck, really?'

In defense of WWE/2K we're already way past 80's nostalgia, and are now ready for a 90's nostalgia marketing blitz. WWE/2K are actually ahead of the curve with its choice in music.

Just finished watching RAW and boy is Ambrose great. He's over, likable and really fun to watch. Unlike that bore Roman Reigns I hope Dean Ambrose gets the ball and runs with it.

Is The Monster Squad that obscure? No, right?

It's not exactly well known. A cult classic would probably pitch it about right. I'm glad people in here know what it is, and I hope anyone who likes it also seeks out Night of the Creeps if they don't already know it.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's not exactly well known. A cult classic would probably pitch it about right. I'm glad people in here know what it is, and I hope anyone who likes it also seeks out Night of the Creeps if they don't already know it.

Haven't seen that one tbh, it's on Netflix US, I'll check it out sometime.

It's up to a chain-smoking ex-cop to save the day when alien slugs once frozen inside a corpse begin infecting young coeds, turning them into zombies.
Perfect.

Haven't seen that one tbh, it's on Netflix US, I'll check it out sometime.

Perfect.

Same director, but pitched at an older audience. It's fantastic if you love 80's college movies and 80's horror movies.

He's not an ex cop though. But he is a grizzled chain smoking alcoholic cop because his girlfriend was hacked to pieces by an axe murderer.

imBask

Banned
Breaking news, Ambrose has a new gimmick : He dyes his hair black, wears weird jewelry and pops out of nowhere every monday screaming MINDFREAK

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was at my parents' house yesterday digging through old shit and found a copy of Pokemon Sapphire and Crystal. Supposedly this shit is worth money.

Hasney

I don't think it's happening,they would have announced by it now.

Too much smoke at this point, especially considering they've barely announced anything about the game. That and Korea rating the game make me think it's a lock.

I reckon it just won't be until 2015.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Was at my parents' house yesterday digging through old shit and found a copy of Pokemon Sapphire and Crystal. Supposedly this shit is worth money.

Nah, just send them to me, I'll dispose of them safely.

Sapphire in good shape is worth a little. Can't remember if Crystal is. Fire Red and Leaf Green are where the real money is.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
How could you miss

halloween4tops.jpg

She was pretty excellent in 4. Dog shit in 5, though. Because everything in 5 was dog shit.

she was shit in the halloween remake though

Raw is missing bad news barrett, shame about that injury dude was getting over

All the main Pokemon games are worth at least $20-$30 and that's if you wanna sell asap
Just bundle both those games and sell it for $40-$50

Smash melee being like $50 on amazon is crazy , same price as it was in 2002 lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All the main Pokemon games are worth at least $20-$30 and that's if you wanna sell asap
Just bundle both those games and sell it for $40-$50

Smash melee being like $50 on amazon is crazy , same price as it was in 2002 lol

the hell? I own that too. should toss it.

Laserfrog

Wrestling on peecee? I love peecees and I love wrestling and I love consoles and I love video games and I love video games on peecees and consoles. So that's good.

Watched some old ROH last night, forgot how much fun Second City Saints era Punk was - he came across as genuinely unhinged, not only in his promos, but in his reckless actions as he tried to destroy Raven. The matches in that feud were nothing special, but the feud still put Punk on the map because he had an intensity and believability to his work. Dude was awesome, owes a lot to Raven for helping make him though. Elsewhere on the show, AJ Styles wrestled Paul London for the ROH no.1 contender's trophy. Awesome match that still holds up very well - things got a little sloppy towards the end, both men physically exhausted, but this only played into the storyline of the match, namely; AJ and London don't have any reason to dislike one another, but right from the start it's clear that neither is a fan of the other man, so things only get more and more heated as the match progresses.

London.gif

Styles2.gif

Styles3.gif

Punk.gif

Punk1.gif

*edit, main event for King of Pro-Wrestling, which New Japan confirmed will be on Ustream;

AJ Styles (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

I watched The Best of Paul London or whatever it is called from ROH. I think all of those matches are still fantastic to this day. Dood was a grade A talent. Still enjoy his street fight with Michael Shane.

Fave Five Kids in Horror Flicks:

No particular order. Avoiding ones in your list.

Miko Hughes:
mikon5j2e.png

Mainly for New Nightmare, but he's great in Pet Semetary too.

Mike Baldwin:
mikeklugm.png

Not a Baldwin, or a fictional character from Coronation Street... the kid from Phantasm!

Corey Feldman:
coreyxqugl.png

Yeah yeah. We all know what happened later, but Corey was amazing in Gremlins, and was very good in Friday the 13th: Part 4: The Final Friday.

Lucas Black:

lucasybymy.png

Bit of a cheat, since American Gothic was a TV series, but still. Great performance from Lucas Black, not to be confused with that Waterfalls kid from Meet the Millers.

Ariana Richards:

ariana14sj1.png

You may not count Jurassic Park as a horror movie, but since Ariana Richards already impressed as Mindy in Tremors, I'm including her here.

Top Bottom