• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Lol, I just accidently clicked on the Christianity-GAF thread and it's literally just one guy shilling his blog:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424176&page=87

iGITYqsi091W9.gif

Video game players just like getting worked up and shootin' that hot air, y'all know that. Some of us live it :3

See kotaku's article this morning declaring that "its a shame" you can't be obese in Sunset Overdrive.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's just like people getting bent out of shape about the FFXV cast being all males. Like, the ONE time this has ever occurred in the series, and it's a SLAP IN THE FACE because everything is a SLAP IN THE FACE. Especially when there was already a release in the series without any male playable characters.

Just getting mad about the dumbest shit. In such a way that it makes any valid complaints fall into the 'Boy Who Cried Wolf' category.

XenoRaven

It's just like people getting bent out of shape about the FFXV cast being all males. Like, the ONE time this has ever occurred in the series, and it's a SLAP IN THE FACE because everything is a SLAP IN THE FACE. Especially when there was already a release in the series without any male playable characters.

Just getting mad about the dumbest shit. In such a way that it makes any valid complaints fall into the 'Boy Who Cried Wolf' category.
Not pointing fingers at you in particular, but the exact same thing happens in this thread whenever WWE booking doesn't play out like people wanted it to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not pointing fingers at you in particular, but the exact same thing happens in this thread whenever WWE booking doesn't play out like people wanted it to.

There's a big difference though. Game devs and publishers do have some kind of understanding or way to hear what those complaints are. They just get flooded with the hundreds of inconsequential ones.

WWE doesn't give one shit about any of their fans complaints. They don't acknowledge them at all. They purposely don't hear them.

ziggler is the new ic i heard?

Yeah, I actually missed that match and found about the result in this thread haha. Guess I really shouldn't be surprised of anything they do with the belts other than the world championship but still a weird result nonetheless. Maybe it's just a Miz thing.

They didn't even bother to have Heyman come out and just ad lib for a few minutes to kill time.

Pavaloo

There's a big difference though. Game devs and publishers do have some kind of understanding or way to hear what those complaints are. They just get flooded with the hundreds of inconsequential ones.

WWE doesn't give one shit about any of their fans complaints. They don't acknowledge them at all. They purposely don't hear them.

nah

they do. that's why DB won at mania, lesnar is elevating the belt, they're working on all their feuds for the other belts and mid card, nxt is nuts, etc.

it's definitely similar

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Huh? What are you talking about? *reads*

...Nah, other people are posting he-wow that's a-....

Is this like that message board where the dude spoke to only himself?

You mean that one girl that was obsessed with Pokemon? SCARY.

Toki767

You know the nice thing about these early episodes of Nitro? They advertise matches a week in advance. At the end of an episode you know the matches happening the next episode instead of trying to make it a surprise or make your authority figures seem incompetent with not having anything planned.

miserable

this could be said about Square too

The only Pokemon game I've played for more than 30 mins is Pokemon Pinball and the new Trozei. I'm sure they're fun but I just can't get interested in them. Have the same problem with Animal Crossing.

strobogo

Banned
You know the nice thing about these early episodes of Nitro? They advertise matches a week in advance. At the end of an episode you know the matches happening the next episode instead of trying to make it a surprise or make your authority figures seem incompetent with not having anything planned.

Don't worry, they completely give up on that pretty early on. By January, the only way you get a match next week is if it was set up in the last segment.

The crowd is one of the most boring crowds to have a Raw this year. Sure, the card wasn't the best, but man, I miss the Attitude era crowds who were hot for the mid-card and not just the main event. Even the lower card and jobbers received awesome crowd reactions back then. From Al Snow to Val Venis to Godfather to even the Oddities, the crowds were fun and contributed to the atmosphere. Nowadays they are as sterile as many of the gimmicks WWE gives to their wrestlers.
any crowd that's mostly hot for cena is a crowd that probably sucks

Alucard

Banned
Btw, based on the spoilers, I worry about where Impact is going after BFG, but spoilers never tell the full story. Something that sounds "eh" on paper can still pop on screen and become something good or great.

See: MVP's heel turn and Bobby Lashley becoming champion.

Half-confirmed card for King of Pro-Wrestling next month - New Japan look like they're trying hard to sell out Sumo Hall with a line-up like this;

NJPW, "KING OF PRO-WRESTLING", 2014/10/15
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

0DYLseD.jpg

. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
. Tokyo Dome no.1 Contendership: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: TIME SPLITTERS (c) vs The Young Bucks vs Forever Hooligans
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs El Desperado
. NWA Jr. Heavyweight Title: Chase Owens (c) vs BUSHI

Ishii also challenged Yujiro, but it hasn't been confirmed if the NEVER belt will be on the line. Also, Nakamura mentioned there's "only one man left" for him to beat, presumably referring to Shibata who has a win over him from the G1 - so, Nakamura (c) vs Shibata is potentially on the cards for the IC title. Plus, Goto has been going on about the Japanese uniting to destroy Bullet Club and today Makabe said he & Honma are with him, so there may be some sort of 6-man tag against the Bullet Club.

Alucard

Banned
Raw really lacked star power last night. Looking back on it, Ambrose still has a way to go before hitting that upper echelon of stardom and becoming an actual draw.

Alucard

Banned
Half-confirmed card for King of Pro-Wrestling next month - New Japan look like they're trying hard to sell out Sumo Hall with a line-up like this;

. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
. Tokyo Dome no.1 Contendership: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: TIME SPLITTERS (c) vs The Young Bucks vs Forever Hooligans
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs El Desperado
. NWA Jr. Heavyweight Title: Chase Owens (c) vs BUSHI

Ishii also challenged Yujiro, but it hasn't been confirmed if the NEVER belt will be on the line. Also, Nakamura mentioned there's "only one man left" for him to beat, presumably referring to Shibata who has a win over him from the G1 - so, Nakamura (c) vs Shibata is potentially on the cards for the IC title. Plus, Goto has been going on about the Japanese uniting to destroy Bullet Club and today Makabe said he & Honma are with him, so there may be some sort of 6-man tag against the Bullet Club.

Those top 3 matches. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

tumblr_lh4wrqi0jT1qd2i6x.gif

Shiv47

Picked up the Sting blu-ray set today, and started checking it out; there's an '87 tag match with Sting and Rick Steiner against Ron Simmons and Mike Rotunda, in which the announcer refers to Simmons as the "kinky-haired convict," which cued up a Simmons "Damn!" in my head. And for some reason, they included a January '88 Sting-Flair match that cuts off mid-match due to the show running out of time, instead of one a month later (the first Sting match I recall seeing) that ended with a ref bump and Sting getting Flair in the Scorpion Deathlock, precipitating JJ Dillon knocking out the replacement ref and a mass face-Horsemen run-in, ending with Flair carried off on a stretcher. Baffling choice.

Damn thats a solid card. triple threat tag should be dynamite.

thought we were rid of the NWA with ROH in town. rather see BUSHI vs one of the briscoes

Alucard

Banned
New ROH shirts:
addictionshirtrotor.jpg
kingdomshirtrotor.jpg

A fan of The Kingdom shirt. It can just be looked at as a pro-Christian shirt if necessary. Haha.

I'd also wear The Addiction shirt around the house. Good exercise shirt. Also want the ReDRagon shirt.

Just finished watching both DESTRUCTION shows.

Waitaminute,I thought Tanahashi was banned from not getting any more IWGP world title shots, unless he earned them (by winning the G1 or NJC). So is NJPW just going to retcon that?

thought we were rid of the NWA with ROH in town. rather see BUSHI vs one of the briscoes

Owens isn't terrible, I think he'll surprise some people - also, I'm glad they're bringing in this title. The jr's division could do with a second singles belt and it'd be cool to see BUSHI get some gold.

Also, more Bruce Tharpe-des.

ibjzbV5YrTAx5b.gif

Waitaminute,I thought Tanahashi was banned from not getting any more IWGP world title shots, unless he earned them (by winning the G1 or NJC). So is NJPW just going to retcon that?

Nah, Tanahashi said he'd never challenge Okada for the title again if he couldn't beat him - also, he earned this with a pinfall over AJ in the G1.

I believe that was only when Okada was still champion.

Edit: GODDAMNIT BOOTS

he was banned from title shots for as long as Okada was a champion

Top Bottom