• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Alucard

Banned
But Bret Hart feuded with Shawn Michaels who later formed DX, the greatest and most influential stable of all time.

image.php

strobogo

Banned
Sting was the face of WCW for all of the 90s.

Bret Hart was the face of the worst period of WWF for about two years and is most famous for getting screwed over that one time in 1997..

WWF revisionist history is in full effect if we pretend Sting wasn't a bigger deal than Bret Hart.

During the two bad years, WCW was in even worse shape and less well known to begin with. Bret being the anchor of the New Gen means more than Sting anchoring WCW before 1996.

Speaking of Hart and Sting...was their match in wcw any good?

No

Aiii

So not worth it
During the two bad years, WCW was in even worse shape and less well known to begin with. Bret being the anchor of the New Gen means more than Sting anchoring WCW before 1996.

Was Bret the anchor for the new gen? Rock, Austin, Mr. McMahon, Triple H, Mankind, those were the people that brought WWF back from the brink of death.

On the flipside, Sting was the superface of the early 90s and Crow Sting was the hottest thing along with the nWo in wrestling before Bill Goldberg and Stone Cold/The Rock.

Crow Sting, despite having a terrible payoff was probably the best thing WCW ever did.

Bret Hart wasn't the best thing WWF did.

Alucard

Banned
I was in my early teens when the WWE was "struggling," so I had no clue how they were doing business-wise. I just knew I liked Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, etc.

Only really became aware of WCW when Hall went over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sting has played exactly two characters his entire career.

Blade Runner/Surfer Sting who was annoying as fuck
1996 Sting which only lasted for a year before he went back to being loud jackass John Cena prototype and his 'gimmick' consisted of not talking so it wasn't exactly a stretch.

Joker Sting doesn't count because TNA isn't canon. So for nearly 30 years, he's been loudmouth yelling jackass Sting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the most amazing shoot interview skill I've ever seen is Sunny's ability to take something completely unrelated to her and turn it into some bullshit story about her life that nobody asked to hear.

KC needs to stop having her on for the Wrestling's Mosts

Sephzilla

I knew I felt a disturbance in the force. People talking shit about the best there is, the best there was, and the best their ever will be.

Bret Hart was a bigger deal than Sting. Sting's most notable thing is making a gimmick that ripped of a movie that was hot at the time. Before that, it was being saved by RoboCop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mideon said in his shoot with Godwinn that every single person on the roster during that time did drugs with them at some point except for Foley, Kane, and Owen.

Mengetsu

Stephanie McMahon appeared on WGN Morning News this morning to promote tonight’s RAW at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois and discuss WWE and Susan G. Komen partnering together for their third annual breast cancer awareness campaign.

During the interview, Stephanie was asked whether Chicago native and former Superstar CM Punk would ever return to WWE and she simply responded, “Never say never.”

I believe!
Tune into Raw to find out our shows been lacking and ill tease you!

JavyOO7

I thought the Ascension were going to debut after NoC. But now I wonder when they will debut. No me gusta that I'm waiting so long.

Top Bottom