• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

So, what's scheduled for Raw tonight besides CM Punk chants?

CM Punk and Colt Cabana sitting front row in front of the hard camera holding smarky signs.

Shit that might actually get me to sit through a whole RAW, something I haven't done in months.

EDIT:

I'm assuming a shitty Bellas segment, a Cena/Ambrose/Authority segment, Dolph vs. Miz, Cesaro jobbing to someone, Dust Brothers vs. Uso. And about 2 hours of filler bullshit.

Alucard

Banned
Looked around a bit, and Hogan is scheduled to make an appearance. They're also gonna start promoting the Susan G. Komen stuff. Which means Cena's boos will be neutralized.

somedevil

So, what's scheduled for Raw tonight besides CM Punk chants?

Well Bray posted this on twitter and the WWE twitter account showed it as well:

Bray Wyatt @WWEBrayWyatt · 2h

it exists in us all

we are the ants

destroy the scorpion

Be Heard

Get those Sting rumors going!!. He now free because the Big Show is feuding with Rusev now. Plus Cesaro is going to feud with Ziggler now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just get this image of the WWE Office where everyone is pushing Bray except for Vince who's holding back the tidal wave, "NO GODDAMNIT! HE'S FAT!"

Sephzilla

Well Bray posted this on twitter and the WWE twitter account showed it as well:

Get those Sting rumors going!!. He now free because the Big Show is feuding with Rusev now. Plus Cesaro is going to feud with Ziggler now.

Holy fuck I'd be 100% okay with Sting vs Bray.

It sounds awesome therefore Vince will nix it

RP912

Banned
The funny thing is that Sting and Bray had a feud on my WWE 2k14 universe mode. Unfortunately Bray got squashed by the stinger....so yeah :/.

somedevil

Bray vs. Sting? YES PLEASE.

Its just a rumor because everyone believes Scorpion equals Sting. It could mean he is going to feud with Sheamus who has an opening.

Its to early to start it now plus I would love the match but don't expect a 4 star classic. Bray is not the type of wrestler that carries someone and Sting is going to need a whole lot of that.

RP912

Banned
The opponent that will carry the stinger will be no other than this man....

JackSwagger.png

Alucard

Banned
Its just a rumor because everyone believes Scorpion equals Sting. It could mean he is going to feud with Sheamus who has an opening.

Its to early to start it now plus I would love the match but don't expect a 4 star classic. Bray is not the type of wrestler that carries someone and Sting is going to need a whole lot of that.

Barely care about the match. As long as the build going into it and the entrances are as amazing as I see them in my mind, I'd be good with a 2.5 star match.

JavyOO7

Bray doesn't need to wrestle. He can just go to the ring every week and talk the same ol' shit and I'd eat it up. He has a great voice and I really value that about him.

sting's washed up ass must be working for pennies on the dollar because I can't see how he is still relevant to the large majority of wwe fans today. no way he is getting paid much. I hope vince signed him just so he could bury him.

Aiii

So not worth it
sting's washed up ass must be working for pennies on the dollar because I can't see how he is still relevant to the large majority of wwe fans today. no way he is getting paid much. I hope vince signed him just so he could bury him.

He's more relevant than Bret Hart and yet the guy gets huge pops every damn time. Sting is money.

RP912

Banned

Such cruel words friend :(. I would stop watching the moment Stinger gets AA'd or even worse.........doing a segment with Khali :/.

He's more relevant than Bret Hart and yet the guy gets huge pops every damn time. Sting is money.

I don't see how he is more relevant than Bret. Bret returned at a wrestlemania while his biggest rival was still wrestling and they buried a feud that began in the WWE. It sucked but it still makes more sense than bringing in a guy who was never on their brand and has no one on the current roster be booked with.

Alucard

Banned

The WWE2K15 trailer reaction was proof enough that your statement is dead wrong. If protected and presented properly, Sting is going to do some very good business for the WWE. His character still has an appeal to old and new fans alike.

I've never cared about Sting that much, but I'd mark out if he made a grand entrance.

Anth0ny

pretty sure the majority of the wwe audience weren't alive when wcw went out of business

their first exposure to sting was through the wwe 2k15 commercials

Can't wait for Sting to have some dream matches everyone wants to see, like vs. Jericho, vs. Mark Henry, vs. Kane, vs. RVD, and of course, vs. Big Show

pretty sure the majority of the wwe audience weren't alive when wcw went out of business

their first exposure to sting was through the wwe 2k15 commercials

If this isn't a satirical post: a large majority of the wwe viewer base are over the age of 18 if you're looking at ratings demographics.

The WWE2K15 trailer reaction was proof enough that your statement is dead wrong. If protected and presented properly, Sting is going to do some very good business for the WWE. His character still has an appeal to old and new fans alike.

I've never cared about Sting that much, but I'd mark out if he made a grand entrance.

I don't see how the trailer reaction is relevant? it's a commercial and it proves nothing. him coming back, boosting ratings and selling ppvs/netwrok subs will. which I don't think he will have much of an impact on or the current quality of programming. this is going to be about the same as Brett returning, which was a flop, like sting's career (owned by the NWO, never in WWE, in tna hall of fame, etc.)

somedevil

I don't see how the trailer reaction is relevant? it's a commercial and it proves nothing. him coming back, boosting ratings and selling ppvs/netwrok subs will. which I don't think he will have much of an impact on or the current quality of programming. this is going to be about the same as Brett returning, which was a flop, like sting's career (owned by the NWO, never in WWE, in tna hall of fame, etc.)

Cause the whole commercial was about him and if the crowd didn't know him it would not get a big pop. It did and the fans then booed loudly when they realized he is not there and it was just a commercial.

Besides if Sting comes back its for a WrestleMania match and that is it. Plus where did you get the idea the NWO owned him when the whole year of 97 he was the only one owning them every time.

Alucard

Banned

Bret returning was a flop because of the shitty booking of that entire angle. I started watching WWE again BECAUSE of Bret's return, but I was quickly put off by how awkward it all felt.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sting was the face of WCW for all of the 90s.

Bret Hart was the face of the worst period of WWF for about two years and is most famous for getting screwed over that one time in 1997..

WWF revisionist history is in full effect if we pretend Sting wasn't a bigger deal than Bret Hart.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sting was the face of WCW for all of the 90s.

Bret Hart was the face of the worst period of WWF for about two years and is most famous for getting screwed over that one time in 1997..

WWF revisionist history is in full effect if we pretend Sting wasn't a bigger deal than Bret Hart.

But Bret Hart feuded with Shawn Michaels who later formed DX, the greatest and most influential stable of all time.

Top Bottom