• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

somedevil

Here is the Bound for Glory lineup:

-Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki vs. Kaz Hayashi for the X Division Title.

-Great Muta and Tajiri vs. Sanada and James Storm.

-Bully Ray and Devon vs. Tommy Dreamer and Abyss.

-EC3 vs. Ryota Hama.

-MVP vs. Kazma Sakamoto.

-Manik vs. Minoru Tanaka.

-Havok vs. Velvet Sky.

Yikes!!!

RP912

Banned
On another note...i seriously hate when the announcer announces the person that's suppose to be doing a segment after the anouncement. I'm not fucking stupid wwe...I know who has the theme.

PONK chants.

strobogo

Banned
Was Bret the anchor for the new gen? Rock, Austin, Mr. McMahon, Triple H, Mankind, those were the people that brought WWF back from the brink of death.

On the flipside, Sting was the superface of the early 90s and Crow Sting was the hottest thing along with the nWo in wrestling before Bill Goldberg and Stone Cold/The Rock.

Crow Sting, despite having a terrible payoff was probably the best thing WCW ever did.

Bret Hart wasn't the best thing WWF did.

Bret was absolutely the anchor for the New Generation. Like, it isn't even a question. The guys you listed were Attitude Era. New Gen was roughly 1992-mid/late 1996. Bret was most definitely the top guy that whole period. It doesn't matter if Sting was the best thing WCW did, while Bret wasn't the best thing WWE ever did. My point was that while you seem to not count Bret because he was the top guy in a down period, MY point was that WWE's down period was still doing significantly better business than what WCW was doing at the same time. WCW was dick nationally before Hogan came to town. That's just how it was. And WCW really didn't start picking up steam until the NWO angle. Sting's prime was 1991-1994, which was when WCW was doing even shittier business than WWF was.

Top Bottom