• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Kurt Angle news:

So going sign his final contract and announce it October. So who do you think he signed with?

TNA or Global Force. Both would likely pay up for forty dates so they have him as a known star for negotiating with TV stations. I'd bet TNA is more likely as who knows when Global Force will actually be making a TV product.

bjork

¡HarlequinPanic!;132151748 said:
Anyone who says "its worth it" clearly hasn't gone to WM29 as their only mania.

Augh. :[

I went to 12, it was pretty fun. I was next to some drunk lady and that was not so fun, but I got to see cool stuff. I know it isn't regarded as one of the best, but it's probably the period where my interest and my ability to buy a ticket merged the most. Plus I like to see guys live at least once. Or did, I don't really care now. But at the time there was:

- Warrior and Jake live, both of which I thought I'd missed the boat on.
- HHH jobbing, which didn't seem like a big deal at the time.
- Diesel giving multiple jackknives to UT
- Bret getting absolutely screwed because RIP Monsoon but there was nothing in there about OT, you tubby fuck
- My dad, who hates wrestling, marking for Roddy Piper
- My mom, who was bummed because Razor wasn't there, marking for Goldust in panties.

Other stuff too, but that's what stands out most. Good times, but it was also only $40 for a ticket and about a 45-minute drive. Nowadays I doubt I could be talked into it again, even if those prices came back. My last live event was a 2006 Raw and I'm ok with that.

Gonzalez

Banned
eNwk8Gi.jpg
This is who Tanahashi's leaving the company, too? No wonder why Tana shits on Okada's physique.

Raw64life

¡HarlequinPanic!;132151748 said:
Anyone who says "its worth it" clearly hasn't gone to WM29 as their only mania.

Augh. :[

Yep :(

I deeply regretted not being able to go to WM20 so I figured I'd make up for it and drop $300 to go to WM29. What a piece of shit. And then of course WM30 was awesome.

The ROH/NJPW show I saw for $20 was leagues better.

JavyOO7

If NJPW ever gave Shibata the title, he'd elevate that piss poor thing instead of having it on the same guys all the time. Just like Brock.

I do no watch NJPW, but why do you say its piss poor? To me, it looks like their title belt is more appreciated in their universe then the main WWE title in its universe.

WZ is, once again, full of shit.

I trust what WZ says about as much as I trust Raw tonight to not suck balls.

Nailed it. This is just a dirtsheet inventing something out of whole cloth and calling it news. Even if they did find out there were plans, what would they do about it? Make everyone that came through the gate pinky swear not to chant for Punk?

XenoRaven

I do no watch NJPW, but why do you say its piss poor? To me, it looks like their title belt is more appreciated in their universe then the main WWE title in its universe.
He doesn't like that it's been passed around among the same two people for years until they just gave it to AJ Styles like a month after he showed up in an attempt to reach an international audience when there's other really talented Japanese wrestlers that are waiting in the wings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And I give AJ full credit, he has gotten a lot better in the recent stuff I watched with him. Dude still shouldn't have gotten the title after a month being there. My problem is that NJPW isn't building anyone new after Okada, and the new guy they just built is someone who only recently showed up because WWE knew he was too old to work for them and TNA wasn't going to pay him. Not only that, but I can't help but think the whole thing is some bullshit marketing by Jarrett to put his own promotion over.

Honestly, Bootaaaay wants to make the Brock/IGF comparison to Shibata, but it's not like AJ isn't not going to use that title in GWF.

JavyOO7

He doesn't like that it's been passed around among the same two people for years until they just gave it to AJ Styles like a month after he showed up in an attempt to reach an international audience when there's other really talented Japanese wrestlers that are waiting in the wings.

Looking at their title reigns count, to me I do not think Tanahashi is not going to win that belt a seventh time? My reasoning is that if he does, he'd be #1 all time in reigns for that belt. And do their creative really want that?

Will GWF will even be a running promotion by the time AJ drops the belt? Which, by my reckoning, will be at Wrestle Kingdom - Styles is only on a year's contract and, unless he re-signs, he'll be gone after Invasion Attack. My money's on AJ vs Okada IV at Wrestle Kingdom, Okada wins, beats AJ in the rematch at New Beginning or Invasion Attack to end their series Okada 3 ~ Styles 2.

Also, I'd agree they really need someone from Okada's generation to rival him - Shibata and Naito would be good bets to win the belt sometime in 2015, but they're both a fair bit older than Okada who, like him or not, is the proven young draw of the company. You can argue that's because others haven't been given the same chances as him, but then when Naito got his chance he managed to turn some of the audience (and all of Osaka) against him. Make no mistake, though, they're putting A LOT of stock in Okada - I foresee him feuding with Shibata and Nakamura being very good for business. It would be nice to have someone younger in the wings, though...however, I feel like people are too quickly discounting the current crop of young lions. Takahashi & Watanabe might not be big names now, but neither was Okada before he returned from his learning excursion.

Looking at their title reigns count, to me I do not think Tanahashi is not going to win that belt a seventh time? My reasoning is that if he does, he'd be #1 all time in reigns for that belt. And do their creative really want that?

I doubt we'll ever see a lengthy Tanahashi title reign again, but I could easily see him getting a seventh run with the belt - he already beat Nagata's record for number of defences, just Fujinami's record number of reigns and Mutoh's combined days as champion left for him to beat.

If GWF isn't running a ton by 2015, AJ will probably stay with New Japan. It's worked out really well for both parties there.

Also, I'd like to point out that in terms of OT names, I'm clearly the best at it. I even named Japan-GAF's OT, for crying out loud! :p

That hijack shit was cringe-worthy. People should just vote with their wallets if they want to effect change. Support your local indie.

If GWF isn't running a ton by 2015, AJ will probably stay with New Japan. It's worked out really well for both parties there.

Agreed. Also, there was talk of him feuding with Tanahashi for the IC title before he debuted, which I wouldn't be at all averse to seeing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fine with more AJ in Japan in any capacity. Guy's easily my Wrestler of the Year. His work this year has been on the next level.

Sephzilla

Watching people slam the hijack Raw stuff now is funny considering more people seemed to be okay with it back when it was about to happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching people slam the hijack Raw stuff now is funny considering more people seemed to be okay with it back when it was about to happen.

I remember Ithil calling it a good idea when it was happening.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, uh...Global Force Wrestling seems to have a timeslot for their first PPV.

It's 1/4/15. AKA The day of the New Japan Tokyo Dome show.

Mike Johnson being a fucking hack aside, it looks like they're either doing a doubleheader with NJPW, or they are going to show the New Japan show on PPV here, but branded under Global Force Wrestling.

Well, Meltzer reported that ages ago that GFW was going to try and get the Tokyo Dome show on regular PPV (tape delay) with English commentary, so yeah.

Taking a nap till 8. Bye friends

Today was my first day of clinicals in the hospital for nursing school. It was interesting. I'm going to be giving bed baths and wiping asses with poo all over em and so forth.

jred2k

Taking a nap till 8. Bye friends

Today was my first day of clinicals in the hospital for nursing school. It was interesting. I'm going to be giving bed baths and wiping asses and so forth.

Can't wait for your first story of being legit shook.

Can't wait for your first story of being legit shook.

I have a fear of poo compared to my classmates. I just find it so gross and the fact that I'm going to be cleaning up tons of it from incontinent patients has me scared. So you know what I did? I told my clinical instructor to just give me a bed bath/incontinent patient next Monday (clinical is every Monday) because I gotta get over it somehow so I'm going in head first right away.

Top Bottom