• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

I felt bad for DDP when he just had a whole panel of guys telling him WCW sucked the whole time on the celebrity episode. You know they must still be salty that LT didn't workout for them like Rodman and Malone did for WCW.

strobogo

Banned
I felt bad for DDP when he just had a whole panel of guys telling him WCW sucked the whole time on the celebrity episode. You know they must still be salty that LT didn't workout for them like Rodman and Malone did for WCW.

That was the first eye opening to JR being a bit of a cunt.

And he knew it too, so he cut JR off at the pass about it. And JR still wouldn't let that shit drop even after hearing the deetz. JR was a real dick on that panel

No misogyny under my reign. This will be a progressive Wrasslin community

...The fuck you mean your reign, BOY *sits on space throne*

Kornflayx

That powerbomb was BONKERS

That match made my dad a wrestling fan for like 10 minutes. And when Benoit hit that powerbomb, my mother stood next to my dad like:

ibilS1velrm40A.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
LT worked out fine and Mike Tyson arguably saved the entire company.

Mallone, Rodman and Leno all did quite well in WCW...while the No Limit Soldiers flopped horrendously.

Mayweather vs. Big Show is still the best celebrity match ever.

BFIB

I think the part I love the most about anything involving WCW in the late 90's is how WWE constantly reminds us of how terrible everything was ran, and how the company collapsed.

But watching these Nitros, it was way, way better than anything the WWF was doing at the time. Clearly the superior product. Even though WWE would never admit it.

strobogo

Banned
I think the part I love the most about anything involving WCW in the late 90's is how WWE constantly reminds us of how terrible everything was ran, and how the company collapsed.

But watching these Nitros, it was way, way better than anything the WWF was doing at the time. Clearly the superior product.

For sure. But WCW really fell off a cliff around mid 1998 and never recovered. By mid 1999 they were garbage and only got worse and worse until a brief kind of okay last 3 months.

BFIB

For sure. But WCW really fell off a cliff around mid 1998 and never recovered. By mid 1999 they were garbage and only got worse and worse until a brief kind of okay last 3 months.

To me, Halloween Havoc '98 is where it went off the cliff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Which is hilarious as it's the only really great PPV main event during the entire boom period of WCW.

Road Wild 1998 is the real oh shit, they don't know what they are doing for me moment when I watched it as a youth.

Bowser

lol sheetz:

F4WOnline.com is reporting that Zack Ryder’s loss to Rusev last night could have been a statement made from WWE officials. Ryder has been sending some negative feedback on Twitter, similar to what JTG did back in 2012. JTG would be squashed by Ryback and Monday night could have been that very moment for Ryder in a match against Rusev.

tumblr_m6frbfvGaA1rnvapzo1_500.gif

Talk about manufacturing a story where this isn't one. How about he's a jobber and Rusev has been destroying jobbers for, oh, I dunno, 8 months now?

Ithil

lol sheetz:

tumblr_m6frbfvGaA1rnvapzo1_500.gif

Talk about manufacturing a story where this isn't one. How about he's a jobber and Rusev has been destroying jobbers for, oh, I dunno, 8 months now?

I don't recall the last jobber match Rusev had. He's been in matches with Swagger and the like for a few months now.

RP912

Banned

To me wcw went off a cliff when there were more factions than a fire pro wrestling game :/. You had ravens flock, nwo white, nwo wolfpack, lwo, wcw, no limit soldiers, the texas rednecks, etc. It was mind-boggling.

The one thing that kills me about wcw is the fact that they had a godtier roster in 1998 and fucked it up with that nwo shit. It reminds me of when wwe had that goat roster in 2002-2004 only for triple h to bury half of the roster and smackdown actually turning the leftovers into a world wide feast.

Mayweather and Kauffman are tied to me.

Kauffman's performance was longer and such, but Mayweather performed in front of a hell of a lot of people. Big time stuff.

I knew you'd love it. So much cringe.

Incidentally, anyone else kinda underwhelmed by the King of Trios line-up? What an awful team for Kimber Lee to be in.

The ultimate goddamn cringe. They've gone off the deep end, and bad. Their original narrative got fucked, so now here's their attempts to shape it again.

RE: Your question;

everyone.gif

RP912

Banned
The Mayweather/Big Show feud was legit. Kinda underappreciated.

That was probably my favorite wrestlemania 24 match next to flair/hbk. Mayweather gets shit on daily but no denying he entertains those that want to see his ass get kicked.

BFIB

To me wcw went off a cliff when there were more factions than a fire pro wrestling game :/. You had ravens flock, nwo white, nwo wolfpack, lwo, wcw, no limit soldiers, the texas rednecks, etc. It was mind-boggling.

The one thing that kills me about wcw is the fact that they had a godtier roster in 1998 and fucked it up with that nwo shit. It reminds me of when wwe had that goat roster in 2002-2004 only for triple h to bury half of the roster and smackdown actually turning the leftovers into a world wide feast.

That '98 roster was stacked for sure in WCW. Its a shame that background politics and no one person in charge could right the ship. I was always a WWF guy, even through the shitty 94-late 96 end, but upon reflection, WCW had a tremendous run.

UGH. So bad.

Lol, fuckin' Vince Russo getting exasperated at having to repeatedly tell wrestling nerds that "matches don't draw". Maybe your opinion is met with such incredulity, Vince, because the people you're talking to DO tune in for the actual fucking wrestling?

The ultimate goddamn cringe. They've gone off the deep end, and bad. Their original narrative got fucked, so now here's their attempts to shape it again.

I'm seriously struggling to maintain any interest in the promotion, which is weird, because it wasn't too many years ago that I was in this very goddamn thread writing up the history of the whole Eye of Tyr shit and genuinely enjoying the product and the storyline. I think the main difference between now and then is that, back then, you could go months without the Eye of Tyr being mentioned and the storyline, such as it was, seemed more for the hardcore fan who followed every show. Now, it seems the storyline stuff pervades everything, which makes sense given the scale of current events with this super faction 'The Flood', but it's doing absolutely nothing for me.

Also, evidently some people are enjoying it, lots of people going in HARD at Voices of Wrestling on my twitter timeline currently because they dared insinuate that CHIKARA's business is down after the 'shut down' and the product's pretty hard to stomach outside of a live setting. Apparently they (and many CHIKARA dissenters) have 'an agenda' against CHIKARA, lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We might give Hogan shit about a lot of things but it's impossible to exaggerate just what an icon he really is.

Hell the WWE went to Japan recently on that signing tour and the only one they truly popped for was the Hulkster. In limited roles he is still useful.

Hell the whole TNA/Spike feud that eventually lead to this whole situation was Spike being pissed that TNA got rid of Hogan and to a lesser extent Sting.

UberTag

Win by DQ probably. Ryder has been getting the message for years now nothing is changing. They are all essentially jobbers for Cena and Roman Reign (soon) anyways.
Why did you bother putting soon in brackets for Reigns?
Dude's been protected as fuck since he got called up.
They've always been jobbing to him.
If CM Punk and Daniel Bryan were still around they'd have lost clean to him in singles matches by now.

Top Bottom